4/10 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The 2 was the anomaly.   Usually, everybody gets an inning.   He just doesn't manage to win the game.
Not surprisingly, when he doesn't do his usual and lets Kopech pitch 2, the Sox win.

"Oh those melons; if he's able; we're to have a feast, so nice."
"One goes to the JR's table; all of us get each a slice."

SOX FANS 

fixed that classic for ya.

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wilson pitched 1.1 innings on April 5th

1.0 April 7th

1.0 April 9

and 1 today. That's 4 appearances in 6 days You don't have your best RP pitching every other day or more in this case. You sacrifice today to perhaps keep Wilson healthy for the trade deadline. The loss or win today  means nothing.

But please keep giving the meatball takes.

Am I missing something here or has baseball really gotten to the point where a reliever can't pitch more than 4.1 innings every 6 days? 

I mean it's not like he's been under stress in those appearances either he looks fresh. And, with the ghost runner it actually sorta helps his case, as if he gives up the tying run right off the bat, well f*** it, then pull him and "preserve" him.

Players notice this stuff, I'd be curious if anybody asks Pedro or Wilson about it postgame. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Am I missing something here or has baseball really gotten to the point where a reliever can't pitch more than 4.1 innings every 6 days? 

I mean it's not like he's been under stress in those appearances either he looks fresh. And, with the ghost runner it actually sorta helps his case, as if he gives up the tying run right off the bat, well f*** it, then pull him and "preserve" him.

Players notice this stuff, I'd be curious if anybody asks Pedro or Wilson about it postgame. 

Stop it with your meatball takes, meatball!

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

"Really, really tough loss," Grifol said. "There were some opportunities we didn’t capitalize on. We have to fight and get better with runners in scoring position." ?

No kidding Sherlock!

• Haha 2

I will never understand why Shewmake was the guy they had to have on the opening day roster.  He’s awful, yet they’re trying so hard to make that trade look like it wasn’t for a bunch of junk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't get it. You let Kopech go 2, but not Wilson? I just want consistent logic from the manager. He was at 7 pitches, he breezed through the prior inning. He is not in any way on a pitch count or coming back from injury. He was ready to go out there and win it.

I'm not sure why Tanner Banks couldn't have pitched the next inning and faced the 10 lefties who were lined up. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes of course let's sacrifice our best relief pitcher's health for 1 more win in a 100 loss season the day after Moncada's health was sacrificed .  Today was his 4th appearance in 6 days. How do you or anyone else think you know anything about baseball with this hot take ?

Seven pitches....

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I don't agree, but my wife came in when his inning started and said, "that is not a young man". 

My better half will dispense wisdom as well....she usually drops her truth bombs with how bad Beckham is in the booth...."who is this guy?"

Edited by wegner
Forgot 1/2
  • Like 1

Grifol's like a bank robbery turned hostage situation. Yoan down because there was no mayo on the sandwiches. Then he intentionally walks Will Brennan because Chris Getz hesitated when answering about the helicopter. Grifol's just insane, at this point. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I will never understand why Shewmake was the guy they had to have on the opening day roster.  He’s awful, yet they’re trying so hard to make that trade look like it wasn’t for a bunch of junk.

When you factor in Danny Mendick's ability to throw strikes in extra innings, it begins to raise even more questions.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes of course let's sacrifice our best relief pitcher's health for 1 more win in a 100 loss season the day after Moncada's health was sacrificed .  Today was his 4th appearance in 6 days. How do you or anyone else think you know anything about baseball with this hot take ?

This might be the one chance to have a 2 game winning streak.....gotta win at all costs damnit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

My better will dispense wisdom as well....she usually drops her truth bombs with how bad Beckham is in the booth...."who is this guy?"

My wife would walk in during the Hawk & Wimpy heyday, and call them completely inane. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

My wife would walk in during the Hawk & Wimpy heyday, and call them completely inane. 

Mine would listen to Hawk and Stone and say "they really don't like each other, do they?"

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Stop it with your meatball takes, meatball!

Hey, our "Personal Attacks Anonymous" meeting you suggested for me starts in ten minutes. You want to join? Bring smokes and cokes.

Edited by WestEddy

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Hey, our "Personal Attacks Anonymous" meeting you suggested for me starts in ten minutes. You want to join? Bring smokes and cokes.

My post was obvious sarcasm.  Go back and read the posts.  See who called whose take meatballish first.  It greatly offended me.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

My post was obvious sarcasm.  Go back and read the posts.  See who called whose take meatballish first.  It greatly offended me.

Well, I'm standing outside the church with one ciggie and they only have seltzer in the soda machine. Get here fast. 

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"Really, really tough loss," Grifol said. "There were some opportunities we didn’t capitalize on. We have to fight and get better with runners in scoring position." ?

No kidding Sherlock!

I like how he says this but it's his own fault. Benintendi sucks so he promotes him to fifth in the lineup. Pedro thinks it's a demotion because "higher=better" but now a useless batter is in a position to hit when runners are actually in scoring position. How many did Benintendi strand today, 4 or 5 or more?

Other odd lineup decisions that helped create this problem: pinch running for Vaughn then pinch hitting for Lee. not a terrible idea in a vacuum, except Lee is actually hitting and maybe there's someone else you'd pinch hit for (like Benintendi). The result is Pillar and Maldonado coming up to bat in extra innings and getting outs with runners in scoring position.

Also odd: batting Sosa second and using him to sacrifice bunt. Many teams put their best hitters second in the lineup. If the manager thinks Sosa can't hit and is helping the team more by getting out on purpose, why is he batting second?

I just watched the replay and this feels like a game that Pedro lost on his own. 

• Like 1