ESPN predicts 120 loss season for the White Sox

On 4/13/2024 at 10:37 PM, Soxfest said:

The top prize is the #10 pick in 2025 draft no matter how many losses Sox get. No hope till JR is gone!

Even then we need a better drafting performance than in the past few years choosing first rounders like Zach Collins, Vaughn, Madrigal and others.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 9:56 AM, Highland said:

Things are really bad when the only speculation is how awful the team will be. This is not a MLB roster.

Can we relegate this team to the minors? At least, games should be more competitive.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:56 AM, Highland said:

Things are really bad when the only speculation is how awful the team will be. This is not a MLB roster.

Best part of the Sox not being able to hit baseballs is we don’t have to watch much of the super dumb HR celebrations that teams do to desperately try to appeal to fans.  Such a strange time for MLB—all those acts are ultra awkward.  I don’t mind genuine emotion after a big moment & I understand a handful of people might find the grossly immature HR side shows amusing—for me it got old fast and the game is becoming unwatchable.  I watch these same guys slobber all over each other after a HR skit then proceed to ineptly fiddle fart around defensively the following inning like a bunch of amateurs.  Let’s have fun in a way that keeps focus.  

The moment this team accidentally connects on a long ball and tries some goofy adolescent mosh pit ritual in the dugout that’s only funny to them (as if HR’s are a regular thing)…I’m out.  

• 5 months later...

I've been helping my elderly Auntie move in to my mom's house this past week. We were unpacking her stuff (lots of old newspaper was used when they packed all the fragile stuff) and one of the newspapers was a Sun Times sports section from Feb of this year with an article featuring Pedro talking about how much the Sox would improve. I'm so far past the anger stage I was just laughing reading some of the quotes. 

• Love 1

Kudos to ESPN for knowing. I wonder what we all predicted. I betcha I had us under 40 wins. ... That said I was thinking today that the Sox high paid executives had to know this team was horsebleep coming out of spring training and would be monumentally bad.

Lineup: Full of wiffle ball bats. ONLY way it coulda been an OK offense is if Moncada, Robert, Vaughn, Sheets, Beni raked at the plate to make up for your Maldy's, Nickys, DeBongs and the other stiffs on the roster. Anybody with a brain knew the players I mentioned would not rake. Hence offensive potential out of spring training? 2 out of 10 max.

Pitching: Cmon. The Sox entered the season with the worst rotation in baseball. The Sox entered with the worst bullpen in team history. Pitching potential out of ST? 2 out of 10 max.

Defense: Whatever. You knew we were weak up the middle or average at best. Beni is a joke in LF arm wise. Robert is good. RF was a total joke. Defensive potential 3.5 out of 10.

It all added up to a horrible record. Sox wasted a lot of money on front office personnel. Fathom and Caulfield coulda written an essay for them showing we would stink.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Kudos to ESPN for knowing. I wonder what we all predicted. I betcha I had us under 40 wins. ... That said I was thinking today that the Sox high paid executives had to know this team was horsebleep coming out of spring training and would be monumentally bad.

Lineup: Full of wiffle ball bats. ONLY way it coulda been an OK offense is if Moncada, Robert, Vaughn, Sheets, Beni raked at the plate to make up for your Maldy's, Nickys, DeBongs and the other stiffs on the roster. Anybody with a brain knew the players I mentioned would not rake. Hence offensive potential out of spring training? 2 out of 10 max.

Pitching: Cmon. The Sox entered the season with the worst rotation in baseball. The Sox entered with the worst bullpen in team history. Pitching potential out of ST? 2 out of 10 max.

Defense: Whatever. You knew we were weak up the middle or average at best. Beni is a joke in LF arm wise. Robert is good. RF was a total joke. Defensive potential 3.5 out of 10.

It all added up to a horrible record. Sox wasted a lot of money on front office personnel. Fathom and Caulfield coulda written an essay for them showing we would stink.

Pretty sure DeJong had the best or second best OPS on the team, him or Pham.

damn kudos to Jesse Rogers. I honestly didn't think it would be possible in today's game to lose as much as the sox did. Seemed like 30 years since any expansion the talent disparity was too small for something this insane. He should do a huge victory lap.