4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

Just now, WestEddy said:

No, I just didn't expect 5 major league hitters to get injured or slump to .300 OPS levels, at the same time, over 2 weeks. I guess they did that because of Jerry Reinsdorf's frugality. 

This is all Hahn's White Sox. He assembled a "core" of 5 starting pitchers and 7 position players for his "window" of contention. I'm sure Hahn or Kenny Williams don't feel humiliated by this start. Those are the people responsible for it. 

You should have expected it, thats on you.  Hahn did not have anything to do with the 20+ sacks of baseballs that were added to the 40 man roster this offseason.  That was all Jerry’s hand-picked guy.

Buck up, there’s unlimited blame to go around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, pcq said:

1 Sign Pham

2 Fire Vaughn

3 Fire Grillfoil

4 Fire Gertz

5 Goodbye Maldonado Lopez DeJong

6 Promote Colson and Colas

7 Goodbye Pillar and Grossman 

Would rather have 80s 90s Jamie Gertz.  Lost Boys rules!

Colson will be the main promotion for 2025.  Doubtful he even comes up this year.

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

No, I just didn't expect 5 major league hitters to get injured or slump to .300 OPS levels, at the same time, over 2 weeks. I guess they did that because of Jerry Reinsdorf's frugality. 

This is all Hahn's White Sox. He assembled a "core" of 5 starting pitchers and 7 position players for his "window" of contention. I'm sure Hahn or Kenny Williams don't feel humiliated by this start. Those are the people responsible for it. 

When you have 1/3 of your lineup going into the season that are strictly in it to play defense and give no offensive value, you deserve to have a bad offense.  Instead of just blaming JR or Hahn or Getz, why can’t we all say they all absolutely suck?

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You should have expected it, thats on you.  Hahn did not have anything to do with the 20+ sacks of baseballs that were added to the 40 man roster this offseason.  That was all Jerry’s hand-picked guy.

Buck up, there’s unlimited blame to go around.

Then why do you still root for this team? You should have expected in 1981 that you would be miserable for 40 years. Joke's on you, dude. I'm certainly not going to get dunked on some guy who has been dunked on by Jerry Reinsdorf for 40 years. Do you have anything of value to add? I didn't think so. 

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Then why do you still root for this team? You should have expected in 1981 that you would be miserable for 40 years. Joke's on you, dude. I'm certainly not going to get dunked on some guy who has been dunked on by Jerry Reinsdorf for 40 years. Do you have anything of value to add? I didn't think so. 

Did you respond to the right post?  I don't even understand what you're talking about.  How do you get all that from “unlimited blame to go around”?

You’re delirious.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Did you respond to the right post?  I don't even understand what you're talking about.  How do you get all that from “unlimited blame to go around”?

You’re delirious.

I think he has a concussion from getting dunked on by Jerry, the worst owner in baseball.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You’re delirious.

Yes, I did respond to the right post. I don't care. I'm not sitting in a corner, crying, because this is the worst 15 game start for the White Sox in their entire history. I really don't give a s%*#. I'm really not "humiliated" by the 6 shutouts in 16 games. I'd like that to not be the case, but I don't care. I'm not going to post it over and over to try to make other sox fans mad. I don't care. 

Seriously, what's your point? I'm happy Nastrini had a nice start. Wilson and Leasure look like good bullpen pieces, going forward. Maybe Eloy will get pissed and go off on a streak. Please, tell me all of the higher priced free agents who were beating down the doors at Guaranteed Rate Field to sign with this club. 

We've all known this was going to be a s%*# year. I'm not sure why, as some positive poster described it, this all has to be one big circle jerk of misery. Maybe these people dream that if they smile, Jerry Reinsdorf will break into their bedrooms, and rape them at night. I really don't get the dynamic. 

It's a baseball team. We don't have to descend into fits of depression because a baseball team is rebuilding. Big f*u*c*k*i*n*g deal.

Get over it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yes, I did respond to the right post. I don't care. I'm not sitting in a corner, crying, because this is the worst 15 game start for the White Sox in their entire history. I really don't give a s%*#. I'm really not "humiliated" by the 6 shutouts in 16 games. I'd like that to not be the case, but I don't care. I'm not going to post it over and over to try to make other sox fans mad. I don't care. 

Seriously, what's your point? I'm happy Nastrini had a nice start. Wilson and Leasure look like good bullpen pieces, going forward. Maybe Eloy will get pissed and go off on a streak. Please, tell me all of the higher priced free agents who were beating down the doors at Guaranteed Rate Field to sign with this club. 

We've all known this was going to be a s%*# year. I'm not sure why, as some positive poster described it, this all has to be one big circle jerk of misery. Maybe these people dream that if they smile, Jerry Reinsdorf will break into their bedrooms, and rape them at night. I really don't get the dynamic. 

It's a baseball team. We don't have to descend into fits of depression because a baseball team is rebuilding. Big f*u*c*k*i*n*g deal.

Get over it. 

Stop projecting onto me.  I’m one of the most positive people on here.  Don’t use “humiliated” with quotes at me either as if I ever said I was, because I certainly am not.  Thats calling bearing false witness. I’m just commenting on what I see with my own eyes.  You said nobody could have seen all these injuries and underperformances coming, and now you say you knew it was going to be bad.

i’m just going to continue commentating on the current state if the White Sox.  Get over it.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Get over it. 

LOOK HOW MAD IM NOT!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Stop projecting onto me.  I’m one of the most positive people on here.  Don’t use “humiliated” with quotes at me either as if I ever said I was, because I certainly am not.  Thats calling bearing false witness. I’m just commenting on what I see with my own eyes.  You said nobody could have seen all these injuries and underperformances coming, and now you say you knew it was going to be bad.

i’m just going to continue commentating on the current state if the White Sox.  Get over it.

3 huge injuries in the first 10 games is pretty remarkable. Yes, this team was built on the 3 big guys producing, and Benny and Vaughn being ML baseball players. I'm not sure how I should have known this would happen. Please explain how. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

3 huge injuries in the first 10 games is pretty remarkable. Yes, this team was built on the 3 big guys producing, and Benny and Vaughn being ML baseball players. I'm not sure how I should have known this would happen. Please explain how. 

Eloy, Robert, and Moncada have all proved over the course of their careers that they are incapable of staying healthy.  I wrote all 3 of them off a long time ago.  A strategy that relied on the 3 of them producing was idiotic.  I knew they would all be injured within a month or two.  10 days was only slightly ahead of schedule but irrelevant overall.

Vaughn has never proven himself to be a legit ML player and Benintendi was awful last year.  No sane person expected anything from them.

what else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Look at every single Benintendi performance (away from that abbreviated stint for the Yankees in 2022) over the last FIVE years...what do you see?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Eloy, Robert, and Moncada have all proved over the course of their careers that they are incapable of staying healthy.  I wrote all 3 of them off a long time ago.  A strategy that relied on the 3 of them producing was idiotic.  I knew they would all be injured within a month or two.  10 days was only slightly ahead of schedule but irrelevant overall.

Vaughn has never proven himself to be a legit ML player and Benintendi was awful last year.  No sane person expected anything from them.

what else?

Yes, 3 "injury prone" starters getting injured in the first 10 games happens to every single team in every single season. I don't care if you "wrote them off". Nobody expected the three of them to remain healthy all through the season to lead us to the World Series. It's not crazy to expect two of them to remain "healthy" into May. 

You didn't "know" they would be injured within a month or two. Show me the posts. 

A "sane" person expected Vaughn and Benintendi to at least be below ML average, not "truck driver" level bad. Stop with the BS. 

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Look at every single Benintendi performance (away from that abbreviated stint for the Yankees in 2022) over the last FIVE years...what do you see?

What are you even getting at? I can be all negative, too. Here, watch this, "Caufield12 will be horrible at his predictions. Any number he posts will never be met." There. Post some final stats for Benintendi. I bet I'll be right. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yes, 3 "injury prone" starters getting injured in the first 10 games happens to every single team in every single season. I don't care if you "wrote them off". Nobody expected the three of them to remain healthy all through the season to lead us to the World Series. It's not crazy to expect two of them to remain "healthy" into May. 

You didn't "know" they would be injured within a month or two. Show me the posts. 

A "sane" person expected Vaughn and Benintendi to at least be below ML average, not "truck driver" level bad. Stop with the BS. 

I knew it all.  If you didn’t humble yourself and learn.

EVEN if the 3 stooges somehow stayed healthy, you’re completely disregarding the fact that Iloy and Moncada are straight up not good.  Again, listen to me and you’ll understand.  I can’t with all this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

I knew it all.  If you didn’t humble yourself and learn.

EVEN if the 3 stooges somehow stayed healthy, you’re completely disregarding the fact that Iloy and Moncada are straight up not good.  Again, listen to me and you’ll understand.  I can’t with all this.

U funny. I predicted you would say this, and I predicted you would be wrong. I win. LOL. 

Just now, WestEddy said:

U funny. I predicted you would say this, and I predicted you would be wrong. I win. LOL. 

I wish I were wrong. If I was wrong, the sox wouldn’t be 2-14.

you lose, I lose, everyone loses.  Except one guy.  I’ll let you ponder on who.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

I wish I were wrong. If I was wrong, the sox wouldn’t be 2-14.

you lose, I lose, everyone loses.  Except one guy.  I’ll let you ponder on who.

Who gives a s%*#? It's a baseball team. There were 5 established vets that should have bouyed this team with 4 holes (to not be historically bad). Oh well. Something tells me that everyone here will have their stiffies all set to break the 140 loss mark, and won't come close. I can only hope that everyone takes care of each other.