No player symbolizes Chris Getz Player Development like Lenyn Sosa

bmags

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He has a problem admitting when he’s wrong.  Don’t bother presenting him with the evidence.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. "This bum sucks donkey dong because I said so!!!" Isn't really "evidence". 

49 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Lenyn Sosa has basically refused to take a walk during his professional career. Especially in his time at the major league level.

PLEASE avoid these types of players in the rebuild to the extent possible.

That's the entire org. 

• Like 4
  • Paper Bag 2

• 4 months later...

I think what is going on at 3B shows just how backwards this organization is. Of the 4 younger guys, Sosa, Vargas, Ramos, and Montgomery, the 2 least likely to be the White Sox 3b of the future are the 2 getting reps there. Everyone except the White Sox, a common theme this year, knows Vargas isn’t a 3B. Most everyone except the White Sox knows Sosa is a benchwarmer on a mediocre team. I get not calling up Montgomery this year, but there is zero reason Ramos isn’t playing out the string at 3B.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:01 PM, JoeC said:

You know - the one thing that I want to give Getz credit for is that "Project Birmingham" experiment he did 2 years ago.

I'm a huge critic of the Sox's minor league development program basically treating the minors like a warehouse rather than a factory... but that Project Birmingham thing, to me, was the right approach. Identify things to work on during games, then shift your focus to developing your game through deliberate practice and training.

But generally, I completely agree with you on this quoted portion.

I almost think of this as sarcasm.  Project Birmingham is alive and well.  Trade your best players for #MakeBirminghamBetter.

51 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sisson was hired by Getz when Getz was promoted to GM, right?

He has been a field coordinator since 2018. One of the many instructors that Getz hired, has done nothing to show value, and gets promoted anyway.

"We don't tell him, we do drills, he's done these drills, not sure why it isn't working!?" This is a great quote from clearly a very good professional baseball coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

He has been a field coordinator since 2018. One of the many instructors that Getz hired, has done nothing to show value, and gets promoted anyway.

"We don't tell him, we do drills, he's done these drills, not sure why it isn't working!?" This is a great quote from clearly a very good professional baseball coach.

And sadly this is the closest thing to an internal success story that we have in the infield.  We scouted and signed Sosa internationally.  We fully developed him all by ourselves under Getz leadership.  He is the best IF we have created in the since Tim Anderson.

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

And sadly this is the closest thing to an internal success story that we have in the infield.  We scouted and signed Sosa internationally.  We fully developed him all by ourselves under Getz leadership.  He is the best IF we have created in the since Tim Anderson.

Or Tatis, Jr.  Semien.  Two guys expected to be MVP-caliber presences.