4-25 Game thread Sox @ Twins, lucky #7? 12:10 CDT 1st pitch

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I knew they would be bad, but I figured they would be better than last year. They still have to play 22 under .500 to match last season, but it's obviously heading that way. If they play .500 from here on out, they will lose 90 games.

Well again, there is no way that they play .500 from here on out so you can go ahead an pen in 100 losses. The question becomes how many more than 100 does that grow.

I don't understand how anyone could have thought that this team would be better than last season, they literally downgraded everywhere.

20 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Carlos Santana looks totally washed up and has looked that way since 2020 with the exception of being passable last year.  

So what you're trying to say is: he's the Sox DH next year.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, reiks12 said:

imagine giving up a couple of runs to this offense as a SP, id feel like a demotion was coming

He sucks. He hasn’t even been able to get out minor leaguers with any consistent the last few years.  

22 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Carlos Santana looks totally washed up and has looked that way since 2020 with the exception of being passable last year.  

it's amusing that he signed a $5mil contract and Belt is a free agent. 

• Like 1

We would be just the 4th team since 1920 to ever start out 3-22...

Twins' announcers picking on Getz for complaining about not being able to get anyone willing to play in front of the Sox defense when Getz was ultimately the one responsible for it.

2-0.

Woods-Richardson with new career high 7 k's.

Can't figure out if the Twins are getting better this series OR the White Sox are just this bad lol.  Gave up series finale against DET and that was a massive two game swing in the standings.

Seems like game on the line here.  Almost screwed it up.  Too many runners left out there by White Sox.

I honestly root for them to lose every day just because I know the minute they win a game Pedro is going to spout some complete bullshit about “building off this,” “righting the ship,” “getting some momentum,” etc when…we all know they suck.  God forbid they ever win two in a row.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Twins' announcers picking on Getz for complaining about not being able to get anyone willing to play in front of the Sox defense when Getz was ultimately the one responsible for it.

I am also listening to the Twins announcers and I have to admit I like them quite a bit

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I am also listening to the Twins announcers and I have to admit I like them quite a bit

The Twins have their own major problems on offense and their attendance has been close to abysmal for a division winner.

Cutting payroll so dramatically due to the RSN uncertainty didn't go over well, especially when the Pohlad family is so rich.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If you had no idea and just listened to John Schriffin, you would think the Sox were 21-3.

Guess he has been ordered from on high to be more enthusiastic in order to play off against Stone's normal dour nature.