Schriffen says he was aiming at “Sportscasters”

3 hours ago, GREEDY said:

Was Riordan the producer when Parkins & Spiegel brought a player's disgruntled ex girlfriend on the air and let her bash her ex for 20 minutes unencumbered?  

The same Score producer said that he would bang another radio host’s dead mother.  He got a week off for that incident.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/5/17/23726849/shane-riordan-the-score-dan-proft-wind-danny-parkins-matt-spiegel-chicago-sports-conservative-radio

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The same Score producer said that he would bang another radio host’s dead mother.  He got a week off for that incident.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/5/17/23726849/shane-riordan-the-score-dan-proft-wind-danny-parkins-matt-spiegel-chicago-sports-conservative-radio

When did Shane Riordan become a reliable source for the White Sox? With all of the turnover on the roster, who exactly is feeding him information? Gavin Sheets? Andrew Vaughn? 

Just seems like a stretch to take a guy who isn't a reporter as not only a reporter, but as having "inside sources"....I know that's a thing though for reporters to claim to have when most of these don't actually exist or aren't reliable...

Also saw Awful Announcing saying that the Parkins/Spiegal show has been reliable on breaking news with the White Sox. What are they talking about? 

The Score, particularly the midday show, have become a bunch of social justice/race hustling garbage content. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spiderman said:

When did Shane Riordan become a reliable source for the White Sox? With all of the turnover on the roster, who exactly is feeding him information? Gavin Sheets? Andrew Vaughn? 

Just seems like a stretch to take a guy who isn't a reporter as not only a reporter, but as having "inside sources"....I know that's a thing though for reporters to claim to have when most of these don't actually exist or aren't reliable...

Also saw Awful Announcing saying that the Parkins/Spiegal show has been reliable on breaking news with the White Sox. What are they talking about? 

The Score, particularly the midday show, have become a bunch of social justice/race hustling garbage content. 

Sheets came out and disputed Riordan and Spiegel's report about what Pedro said to the team.

So Riordan and Spiegel are full if s%*#

25 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Sheets came out and disputed Riordan and Spiegel's report about what Pedro said to the team.

So Riordan and Spiegel are full if s%*#

Supposedly Tanner Banks is the source.  So do with that what you will.  

I don’t know why this story is so crazy because it’s coming from them.  This sounds exactly like something Pedro would do 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Supposedly Tanner Banks is the source.  So do with that what you will.  

I don’t know why this story is so crazy because it’s coming from them.  This sounds exactly like something Pedro would do 

That is interesting, where did that come from/

Riordan definitely does things that I understand pisses off a lot of people on this site but acting like he doesn’t have sources is funny to me.  That guy knows so many people in and around so many sports, I’m sure he has plenty of people giving up info we will never hear.  That doesn’t mean he is to be considered a truthful narrator but I also wouldn’t throw out everything he says 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I hadn't heard a name connected to the statements.

That's an issue with "21st century journalism". Everyone has an impeccable source even if it's made up, not trustworthy, etc, but if it creates attention or gives yourself 15 minutes of fame....

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Way too much enthusiasm for bringing an end to an embarrassing 21 loss streak.  Read the room, John.

Meh. To each their own. Was it a little much? Maybe, but well within the bounds of reasonable.

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Way too much enthusiasm for bringing an end to an embarrassing 21 loss streak.  Read the room, John.

He comes across as a cheerleader. Completely ridiculous in finding something positive daily when the team is the worst in MLB history. Just doesn't come across as serious when he's saying things that nobody believes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Riordan definitely does things that I understand pisses off a lot of people on this site but acting like he doesn’t have sources is funny to me.  That guy knows so many people in and around so many sports, I’m sure he has plenty of people giving up info we will never hear.  That doesn’t mean he is to be considered a truthful narrator but I also wouldn’t throw out everything he says 

I don't hear enough of that show to know, but I'm curious how he would be so piped into a team he doesn't cover and has so much turnover. I probably don't think of this guy as someone people are dropping information on because when I have heard him, he comes across as a clown. I don't listen enough though to know if my take on him is accurate, it's more just surprising that he would have more, or better, information that people who actually cover the team (although I don't know that anyone covering the team knows more than many of the people here).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spiderman said:

He comes across as a cheerleader. Completely ridiculous in finding something positive daily when the team is the worst in MLB history. Just doesn't come across as serious when he's saying things that nobody believes. 

Some of you forgot about HAWK HARRELSON

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Hawk had been around the team for ages and earned the right to be a homer.  It comes across fake from Schriffen who would rather be doing an NBA game than baseball.  It’s definitely not his favorite sport.  He gets more excited about NBA summer league.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Hawk was also a cheerleader, but he also had a reputation/persona from his playing career. Some fans loved him, and he had his detractors. Schiffen is just over the top on praising things that people aren't seeing or think is ridiculous on a daily basis. I don't care about who he is replacing or how bad the team is, etc. Just call the game that's in front of us, you don't need any tag lines...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, spiderman said:

I don't hear enough of that show to know, but I'm curious how he would be so piped into a team he doesn't cover and has so much turnover. I probably don't think of this guy as someone people are dropping information on because when I have heard him, he comes across as a clown. I don't listen enough though to know if my take on him is accurate, it's more just surprising that he would have more, or better, information that people who actually cover the team (although I don't know that anyone covering the team knows more than many of the people here).

I would think that one of the two producers of the afternoon score show is a bit more piped in than most.  Not a journalist but he definitely finds out s%*# before the normal guy

again, I’m not trying to tell people he is awesome and they should listen(except Ron because he would do the same) I’m just saying that both this scenario and Shane finding out through a source aren’t as crazy far fetched as some are making it out to be 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would think that one of the two producers of the afternoon score show is a bit more piped in than most.  Not a journalist but he definitely finds out s%*# before the normal guy

again, I’m not trying to tell people he is awesome and they should listen(except Ron because he would do the same) I’m just saying that both this scenario and Shane finding out through a source aren’t as crazy far fetched as some are making it out to be 

You are right but I do think he often runs with whatever little and likely unconfirmed information he has.  In this situation, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is right.  It’s not like anyone on the Sox are going to admit it, until they depart the team just like a Tanner Banks.