Schriffen says he was aiming at “Sportscasters”

The guy is the executive producer of probably the flagship show on the #1 sportsradio station in the third largest market in the country but people act like he has no sources or connections because he got into a spat with weirdo, Dan Proft.  Meanwhile, people share tweets from "@SuperDawgHotDog492384248" as if they are an authority. 

I find it odd that everyone here is very ready to assume the worst about the White Sox but this is a bridge too far?  That the manager we all hate and do not respect lost the clubhouse in the middle of a historic losing streak during the worst season of anyone's life?  Lol why is this being debated?

I don't get Soxtalk sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

The guy is the executive producer of probably the flagship show on the #1 sportsradio station in the third largest market in the country but people act like he has no sources or connections because he got into a spat with weirdo, Dan Proft.  Meanwhile, people share tweets from "@SuperDawgHotDog492384248" as if they are an authority. 

I find it odd that everyone here is very ready to assume the worst about the White Sox but this is a bridge too far?  That the manager we all hate and do not respect lost the clubhouse in the middle of a historic losing streak during the worst season of anyone's life?  Lol why is this being debated?

Because there is room assume the worst about the White Sox AND the worst about a tabloid radio station.

7 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

IMG_4265.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because there is room assume the worst about the White Sox AND the worst about a tabloid radio station.

lol there isn’t.  They aren’t even tabloid you just don’t like them and that’s fine 

10 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I believe the story, but it doesn’t make Riordan any less of a douche.  ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lol there isn’t.  They aren’t even tabloid you just don’t like them and that’s fine 

I don’t know.  Another poster in this thread nailed it.  These guys talk as much politics as if their hot sports takes aren’t already bad enough.  They just try to cause controversy.  Interviewing Clevenger’s accuser and taking her word as gospel is a perfect example.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I don't even know what tabloid radio station even means.  Its a sports talk radio station.  Its what they do.  That report wasn't sensationalist or anything.... hell, Soxtalk spent much more time talking about Tim Anderson's affairs than I ever heard on 670.  Is this a tabloid website?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t know.  Another poster in this thread nailed it.  These guys talk as much politics as if their hot sports takes aren’t already bad enough.  They just try to cause controversy.  Interviewing Clevenger’s girlfriend and taking her word as gospel is a perfect example.

I listen to them and I rarely hear politics.  Politic adjacent comments sure but they aren’t talking politics.  Gambling and sports and sports entertainment 

I think Danny is pretty polarizing and I get why.  I didn’t like him at first but he grew on me because I just am not a fan of ESPN format and hosts at all and wouldn’t switch lol.  They can definitely have a boys club feeling at times in the show but politics is a very rare subject

17 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

What has he ever broken to give him credibility? He has no credibility. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t know.  Another poster in this thread nailed it.  These guys talk as much politics as if their hot sports takes aren’t already bad enough.  They just try to cause controversy.  Interviewing Clevenger’s accuser and taking her word as gospel is a perfect example.

And I said this at the time, but zero chance they interview her if Clevinger signs with Cubs haha

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I listen to them and I rarely hear politics.  Politic adjacent comments sure but they aren’t talking politics.  Gambling and sports and sports entertainment 

I think Danny is pretty polarizing and I get why.  I didn’t like him at first but he grew on me because I just am not a fan of ESPN format and hosts at all and wouldn’t switch lol.  They can definitely have a boys club feeling at times in the show but politics is a very rare subject

If there is any political talk on a sports radio show, it should at the very least be bipartisan.  They are clearly not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

There are 2 different topics here.

PEDRO- No one will argue with you about Pedro and how bad he is.....I'm sure he's lost the clubhouse

SHANE- is a bull shitter, likes to bait, and piles on with stories without sources (Other then saying he has sources0......as he has done to Schriffen.  Guys like Shane do everything for show, ratings, and click bate culture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

What has he ever broken to give him credibility? He has no credibility. 

He's not a reporter.  I don't know.  He doesn't regularly "break news."  He is the executive producer and has relationships with people from every team and a ton of current and former players. 

When Chris Getz gets named GM and gives an interview with Parkins and Spiegel, how do you think that happens?  He just calls into the regular hotline until he gets thru?  

The Score has also been the radio home of both teams in town and these guys work closely with the teams.  He has sources, thats not debatable... and the story itself is incredibly believable.  Why would he make it up?  I doubt more people are listening because they said players got disgusted with Grifol.  If he was going to make up some story, wouldn't it be more flashy or shocking?

I also heard David Kaplan say he heard the same thing as Shane Riordan.  Is Kaplan lying too?  

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And I said this at the time, but zero chance they interview her if Clevinger signs with Cubs haha

100%

This is who Shane Riordan is.......it's not about sources and real stories, because I'm sure he might have a few in sox clubhouse who give him information, it's about sensationalism like interviewing Clevinger's fiance.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

If there is any political talk on a sports radio show, it should at the very least be bipartisan.  They are clearly not.

I’m not gonna argue about this because you said you don’t listen to them and I do, and this argument is silly.  I’m just gonna leave my statement as it was, rare politics adjacent comments and mostly sports.  I have no idea what happened that made you feel that they talk that way but I never heard it

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

There are 2 different topics here.

PEDRO- No one will argue with you about Pedro and how bad he is.....I'm sure he's lost the clubhouse

SHANE- is a bull shitter, likes to bait, and piles on with stories without sources (Other then saying he has sources0......as he has done to Schriffen.  Guys like Shane do everything for show, ratings, and click bate culture.

What did he do to Schriffen?  NEITHER of them can keep each others names out of their mouths.  Schriffen has been just as big as a clown and continues to bring it back up 

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Its a sports talk radio show. You want bipartisan political talk??  

Someone tells Shane Riordan that Grifol lost the clubhouse but its somehow disregarded because people suspect Danny Parkins doesn't align with their views on like school vouchers?  lololol.  huh?

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This isn’t even a controversial statement.  Of course the Score wouldn’t do that if he was a Cub, they are the Cubs flagship station.  That would never happen under any circumstance for any professional team in this town

Obviously the players think Pedro is a buffoon and of course he lost the clubhouse. The question is what difference does that make? Probably none.

These players would be just as bad even if they loved and respected Pedro. Sox need a lot of changes of course. One is to start hiring guys like Dusty Baker, lifers who know what is up. Shoulda hired Dusty 15 years ago. Or some other proven name guy.

28 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

He's not a reporter.  I don't know.  He doesn't regularly "break news."  He is the executive producer and has relationships with people from every team and a ton of current and former players. 

When Chris Getz gets named GM and gives an interview with Parkins and Spiegel, how do you think that happens?  He just calls into the regular hotline until he gets thru?  

The Score has also been the radio home of both teams in town and these guys work closely with the teams.  He has sources, thats not debatable... and the story itself is incredibly believable.  Why would he make it up?  I doubt more people are listening because they said players got disgusted with Grifol.  If he was going to make up some story, wouldn't it be more flashy or shocking?

I also heard David Kaplan say he heard the same thing as Shane Riordan.  Is Kaplan lying too?  

Oh it's certainly debatable that he has sources. He has apparently never broken any story or broken any news before. I'm not really sure how that is an answer to help his credibility. We've seen him pull stunts for whatever reason before.

31 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What did he do to Schriffen?  NEITHER of them can keep each others names out of their mouths.  Schriffen has been just as big as a clown and continues to bring it back up 

The Score and Riordan started the issue with Schriffen.

I applaud Schriffen for sticking it right back up their asses.  The days of sitting by while others badmouth you and ridicule you is gone in media and most other places. 

Now, I do agree that at some point JS needs to let it go and move on because he has clapped back at Spiegel, Parkins, and Riordan.   JS has a lot of growing to do as a 1st year Sox broadcaster, but taking crap from these jabronis and going back at them isn't one of his downfalls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I applaud Schriffen for sticking it right back up their asses.  The days of sitting by while others badmouth you and ridicule you is gone in media and most other places. 

Now, I do agree that at some point JS needs to let it go and move on because he has clapped back at Spiegel, Parkins, and Riordan.   JS has a lot of growing to do as a 1st year Sox broadcaster, but taking crap from these jabronis and going back at them isn't one of his downfalls.

Once they pushed their boy Jason out and didn’t take McKnight, poor Schriffen had no shot with Chicago sports radio. He did himself no favors though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

He sucks at his job, the criticism has been valid.  Talking back to the media on air and refusing to address it with them is definitely one of his downfalls and if he were employed by any other team, he would probably be unemployed by now for how bad he has been.