Schriffen says he was aiming at “Sportscasters”

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Please, Jon, shut up.

There are your team leaders, Clevinger and Pham.

Ironic, since Pham was the one who was chirpng about Schiffren being in the clubhouse too much in the first place and trying to get too close to the players.

Brewers must be laughing their heads off at an announcer trying to act all though with them like it's an MMA undercard.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Schriffen is horrible. He thinks if he shouts into the microphone, it helps somehow. The Sox are 30 games under .500. Fake enthusiasm isn't the answer. But he is what JR wants. A kissass.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

The Contreras brothers are strokes (as is Javier Baez who was shouting at Sox fans at this year's Opener) and deserve to be confronted.  Remember this bat flip?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/white-sox-pitcher-suspended-for-throwing-at-cubs-willson-contreras-after-sky-high-bat-flip/

Pham may well have been justified in his response, but what say you about our broadcaster?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tray said:

The Contreras brothers are strokes (as is Javier Baez who was shouting at Sox fans at this year's Opener) and deserve to be confronted.  Remember this bat flip?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/white-sox-pitcher-suspended-for-throwing-at-cubs-willson-contreras-after-sky-high-bat-flip/

An article about ex-Cubs and current Cardinals player Willson Contreras from 2020 that had nothing today with today’s game.  A big bat flip, huh?  Did you get this angry when Tim Anderson and Yasmani Grandal used to flip their bats after home runs and call them out for their classlessness? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So basically Pham is saying that Contreras shouldn’t have talked any smack on that play because it was obvious that he would be thrown out at the plate because our third base coach made a terrible call sending him home.  Sounds about right.  ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So basically Pham is saying that Contreras shouldn’t have talked any smack on that play because it was obvious that he would be thrown out at the plate because our third base coach made a terrible call sending him home.  Sounds about right.  ?

3B coach will be the one he's fighting with by the end of this, lol...

39 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

An article about ex-Cubs and current Cardinals player Willson Contreras from 2020 that had nothing today with today’s game.  A big bat flip, huh?  Did you get this angry when Tim Anderson and Yasmani Grandal used to flip their bats after home runs and call them out for their classlessness? 

I think the point is that both of these guys involved were the sort of guys you might expect to get into it...but Schriffen just came off like an oddball. He needs to pick his spots better. These outbursts seem fixable and I think he errs on the correct side of homerism unlike that last guy. Fixable for sure. His issue is that he just doesn't know baseball, he doesn't know any of the players, doesn't understand strategy, etc. Guys can get away with that doing a national game once in a while, just talk about whatever the f*** you want; you can't do that for 162 games, especially not for this team. I'm thinking of that 23 hit game the other night, there's clearly nothing to talk about and John is just like "hey, isn't it cool that they're playing a game in London?" Stone couldn't even be bothered to give a f*** with an answer. 

10 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I think the point is that both of these guys involved were the sort of guys you might expect to get into it...but Schriffen just came off like an oddball. He needs to pick his spots better. These outbursts seem fixable and I think he errs on the correct side of homerism unlike that last guy. Fixable for sure. His issue is that he just doesn't know baseball, he doesn't know any of the players, doesn't understand strategy, etc. Guys can get away with that doing a national game once in a while, just talk about whatever the f*** you want; you can't do that for 162 games, especially not for this team. I'm thinking of that 23 hit game the other night, there's clearly nothing to talk about and John is just like "hey, isn't it cool that they're playing a game in London?" Stone couldn't even be bothered to give a f*** with an answer. 

I missed that discussion unfortunately.  As much as Stone is an egotistical prick, he’s starting to win me over each time he clowns Schriffen for saying stupid things.  His response to Schriffen talking about playing the hot teams at the wrong time was hilarious.

• Like 1

Schriffen is young and in over his head a bit. But his 1st big job is for the worst team in baseball

having an historically bad season. I'll give him a pass. Would have loved to seen Harry and Jimmy Piersall

call this season. Some legendary s@#t could have come out of that.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I missed that discussion unfortunately.  As much as Stone is an egotistical prick, he’s starting to win me over each time he clowns Schriffen for saying stupid things.  His response to Schriffen talking about playing the hot teams at the wrong time was hilarious.

They both sound like brats. On the Perkins catch in deep center field: "that would've been a home run" "Nuh uh it wouldn't have been a home run." "yes so it would have been times a million." *commercial break later* "see I told you it would've been a home run". I tend to like Stone but he's been insufferable to me this season.  Part of it is bad attitude that he can control, the rest is that he and his partner have no common ground and the broadcasts are just awkward and uncomfortable. I've enjoyed listening to the Brew crew otherwise, they even brought Len Kasper in the booth. 

I really didn't think I'd miss Benetti but Tigers broadcasts are actually pretty good, Monroe and Benetti sound a lot better together than Stone and him. 

Edited by nrockway

While that call today was hilariously bad I actually thought the most hilariously stupid thing he did today was ask Stone if you let Fletcher swing 3-0 with no outs down one. Stone quickly says no, and he says "not even after the catch?" 

Fletcher hitting 180 something. ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

While that call today was hilariously bad I actually thought the most hilariously stupid thing he did today was ask Stone if you let Fletcher swing 3-0 with no outs down one. Stone quickly says no, and he says "not even after the catch?" 

Fletcher hitting 180 something. ?

Haha, that is some funny stuff.  Yes, the prior good catch will make him hit that 3-0 pitch like the one that was lobbed to The Yerminator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

If we're pulling in random incidents that have nothing to do with today, Tommy Pham is stone in a glass house.

25 minutes ago, nrockway said:

They both sound like brats. On the Perkins catch in deep center field: "that would've been a home run" "Nuh uh it wouldn't have been a home run." "yes so it would have been times a million." *commercial break later* "see I told you it would've been a home run". I tend to like Stone but he's been insufferable to me this season.  Part of it is bad attitude that he can control, the rest is that he and his partner have no common ground and the broadcasts are just awkward and uncomfortable. I've enjoyed listening to the Brew crew otherwise, they even brought Len Kasper in the booth. 

I really didn't think I'd miss Benetti but Tigers broadcasts are actually pretty good, Monroe and Benetti sound a lot better together than Stone and him. 

If you listened to Jason call non-Sox games the past few years, it was clear that the (already very good) broadcast would get better once Steve retired, cause Steve's heart wasn't in it for another awful team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Quin said:

If you listened to Jason call non-Sox games the past few years, it was clear that the (already very good) broadcast would get better once Steve retired, cause Steve's heart wasn't in it for another awful team.

Yep. Dude does not care a lick.

• Like 1