Story on Sox trade possibilities...

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's ZERO reason to trade crochet for anything but a complete kings ransom. He's showing, with his age and contract, that he's one of the 5 most valuable pieces in the game imo.

We both agree on that, but remember its Getz who makes the decision!   Yikes!

7 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Which is terrifying. He won’t go over $100M. He won’t go more than 4 yrs for pitchers. Throw in no extensions for young players… they aren’t signing anyone or anything significant ever again.

And I can't see Crochet listening to anything under nine figures. 

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Keep Crochet.

I don't think that's gonna happen.  Now the question is do they take the prospect haul for both Robert and Crochet or do they make one of the acquiring teams take on Benintendi so they can get out from under that god awful horrific contract. 

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think that's gonna happen.  Now the question is do they take the prospect haul for both Robert and Crochet or do they make one of the acquiring teams take on Benintendi so they can get out from under that god awful horrific contract. 

God Jesus no.  Please don't  be that stupid with all of the payroll room coming up.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I am going to vomit if they take a lesser return to dump Beni. Holy s%*# would that enrage me. And I've largely been ambivalent/fine with Getz so far.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I am going to vomit if they take a lesser return to dump Beni. Holy s%*# would that enrage me. And I've largely been ambivalent/fine with Getz so far.

He's owed $49.3M over the next 3 years.  That contract is an anchor. They have to get out of it to move forward.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I can’t see any team willing to take him on along with his salary.  Maybe if he could play CF, but he has shown no signs of being able to hit in almost 1.5 seasons.

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's owed $49.3M over the next 3 years.  That contract is an anchor. They have to get out of it to move forward.   

But to basically kneecap the return to save money for years we’ll likely have lower payrolls anyways is not a good idea.

17 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

?????????

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

True, but is $49.3 million dollars more important than the good prospects they could get back for Robert and Crochet?  I don’t think so.  They have to hit on the return for these two guys without neutering the return.  If they hit on a couple guys, that’s worth way more than $49.3 million dollars.

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Bullshit.  They have like $50 million on the books for next year after the give out walking papers, and literally only Benny in 26 and beyond.  If they give up future players to move that deal when they have that little on the books, that is a propaganda piece that would make Kim Jung Un blush.

If they dump Benintendi with Robert or Crochet...they will lose the franchise eventually.

With not getting anything higher than the 10th pick next year, it's absolutely critical to maximize prospect returns and not cost savings.

Basically opening the gates and broadcasting games is already netting $100-125 million already.

Let's be honest here, they are already wasting at least $25-30 on complete veteran/cast off crap already.  Crap playets almost nobody wants to see and certainly not entertaining.

Another $5-10 million gets Benintendi off the books to another team or at least enough to encourage him to take the money (let's say a $35-40 million check) and retire.

Otherwise, his life would essentially be a living hell stuck on 100+ loss teams for at least the next two years of his remaining contract.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bullshit.  They have like $50 million on the books for next year after the give out walking papers, and literally only Benny in 26 and beyond.  If they give up future players to move that deal when they have that little on the books, that is a propaganda piece that would make Kim Jung Un blush.

That would be the final F-U to Sox fans from Jerry.

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

True, but is $49.3 million dollars more important than the good prospects they could get back for Robert and Crochet?  I don’t think so.  They have to hit on the return for these two guys without neutering the return.  If they hit on a couple guys, that’s worth way more than $49.3 million dollars.

Or it shows zero confidence in Getz and the scouting team...to get more surplus value in the future from their prospect acquisitions.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Or it shows zero confidence in Getz and the scouting team...to get more surplus value in the future from their prospect acquisitions.

Nah, if this happened, it would solely be because Jerry is a cheapskate and wants to recoup that awful money.

They should absolutely and 100% tank in 25 to get a top 3 pick; get whatever they can for everyone not named Crochet and Robert this year; attempt to maximize their return on Robert and Crochet, which Getz will struggle to do; not trade Benintendi; and then actually try to win in 26 with lots of assets ready. 

3 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

They should absolutely and 100% tank in 25 to get a top 3 pick; get whatever they can for everyone not named Crochet and Robert this year; attempt to maximize their return on Robert and Crochet, which Getz will struggle to do; not trade Benintendi; and then actually try to win in 26 with lots of assets ready. 

They are going to be awful in 2025, no matter what they want to be.

• Like 1

Think of the return for Miller and Chapman when they were rentals. If you are a playoff team you are drooling over the thought of having Crochet for the playoffs, regardless of his workload for the rest of the regular season. Then you get him for TWO MORE YEARS as a starter. The next six weeks are going to be bananas with rumors.