Story on Sox trade possibilities...

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Kyle Bradish to undergo testing for elbow pain....he had a UCL sprain earlier, got PRP injections and pitched thru it earlier. I assume he's prolly done now.

I still doubt Elias will give away prime prospects. 

“Orioles placed RHP Kyle Bradish on the 15-day injured list with a right UCL sprain.”

35 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

“Orioles placed RHP Kyle Bradish on the 15-day injured list with a right UCL sprain.”

Can this turn into Fedde for Kjerstad with some additional pieces please? That kid belongs in the majors he's wasting away in the minors. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Can this turn into Fedde for Kjerstad with some additional pieces please? That kid belongs in the majors he's wasting away in the minors. 

He's worth way more than Fedde. He could easily be the centerpiece for Crochet. 

I think Fedde for Beavers is probably fair value for both teams. 

Edited by Rusty_Kuntz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

He's worth way more than Fedde. He could easily be the centerpiece for Crochet. 

I think Fedde for Beavers is probably fair value for both teams. 

Crochet is worth 61m SV. Way more than Kjerstad most likely. 

Fedde is 11m SV so yeah he will not be enough for Kjerstad. But if you packaged him with maybe a good reliever and Flexen it might work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Fedde is 11m SV so yeah he will not be enough for Kjerstad. But if you packaged him with maybe a good reliever and Flexen it might work.

No one wants Flexen. As was obvious last night, he has to be fully on to be effective and that isn't going to happen most of th time. 

Crochet is worth more than Kjerstad for sure (as I said Kjersted could be the centerpiece), but I'd also say his value isn't going to be easy to define because of his lack of track record and innings in the past. 

6 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

No one wants Flexen. As was obvious last night, he has to be fully on to be effective and that isn't going to happen most of th time. 

Crochet is worth more than Kjerstad for sure (as I said Kjersted could be the centerpiece), but I'd also say his value isn't going to be easy to define because of his lack of track record and innings in the past. 

I think if Getz wants Kjerstad ( and I have my doubts that he does, I think he wanted Cowser as he fits his philosophy better, right or wrong) Fedde and Banks could do it if Elias stops prospect hugging for once.

Whether he is a DH or corner OF, Kjerstad would be great as the cleanup guy in a future lineup.

I would be excited about a future 2-3-4 of Montgomery, Ramos and Kjerstad. 

23 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Fedde is on pace for a 3.5 win season and is owed like $22M for the next 1.5 years.  I’d place him much closer to $25M to $30M in surplus value if you believe he is legit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I see a flaw with that scenario

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fedde is on pace for a 3.5 win season and is owed like $22M for the next 1.5 years.  I’d place him much closer to $25M to $30M in surplus value if you believe he is legit.

s%*# he’s already at 3.1 bWAR

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fedde's owed about half of that. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

Can Fedde land you Beavers and maybe a lotto ticket? Would that be too light/too much of a return or realistic? 

I think they can get more than Beavers from someone else. Fedde is gonna land a top 100 guy imo. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

How much does Robert's slow start in average/obp affect his value? 

Slug/OPS+ is still there. 

EDIT: holy s%*# he has a .161 babip. That's insanely low. 

It's more the hip injury and constant injuries that hurt his value than anything else.

He's always been a slow starter to start the season in much the same way Abreu was.

Coming back from the injury was essentially a 2nd start to his season. It's a 64 AB sample size . 12 hits 7 of them HRs. His last 5 hits have all been HRs. He must not want to run the bases . He's not running hard to 1st when he hits ground balls. I'd keep an eye on his baseball savant page and see if his sprint speed drops into the low 80s or even into the 70s the next month or more if he's not traded. I think it will just based on how much effort he may not want to give just yet.

He needs to become a corner OF. I suggested that at least a year ago if not more but he started the season in the low 90s ( faster than 90+ % of players) in sprint speed but he just can't push himself to that level without getting hurt now.

Not being a CF anymore would hurt his value too so I don't expect to see him in RF any time soon but a team who wants him, who already has a good defensive CF with a decent bat, could switch him.

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

How much does Robert's slow start in average/obp affect his value? 

Slug/OPS+ is still there. 

EDIT: holy s%*# he has a .161 babip. That's insanely low. 

Just like with Quero, it will normalize soon enough.