Story on Sox trade possibilities...

I would rather spend money framing Benintendi into getting convicted for a DUI where the judge was bribed into forcing him to coach a rag tag group of little leaguers so that he gains perspective and finds a new lease on life before I would water down the return for our few valuable assets.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Just now, bmags said:

I would rather spend money framing Benintendi into getting convicted for a DUI where the judge was bribed into forcing him to coach a rag tag group of little leaguers so that he gains perspective and finds a new lease on life before I would water down the return for our few valuable assets.

Except with our luck, the band of little leaguers would be the 2025 White Sox.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just wanted to acknowledge that I love the ode to the original Mighty Ducks.

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

GIVE ME 26 ECKSTEINS OR GIVE ME DEATH!

JR, probably.

It's funny cause we're seeing what a team that can't run, can't throw, can't hit and can't field — JR's supposedly ideal player — is like.

It's bad. 

30 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What would a Dodgers trade for both Robert and Crochet even look like?

It would be assinine for the sox to trade both of them to the same organization.....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think they could theoretically get it done but it’s likely 6 or 7 of their top 10 prospects that would need to be included in that deal no?

The problem is, most teams (likely) don't have 6-7 in their top 10 that should be worth those two. Better to split them up. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The problem is, most teams (likely) don't have 6-7 in their top 10 that should be worth those two. Better to split them up. 

Rushing, De Paula, Ryan, Hurt, Ferris, Cartaya not enough?

2 - 55 FVs

4 - 50 FVs

that’s alot

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

13 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

No. I want quality, not quantity.

I could see pros/cons to both sides. You go with quality and something like Basallo, Kjerstad, plus a couple fliers but if Basallo or Kjerstad flop you’re in a world of hurt.

Passan had a “Perfect Trade for each Contender” article today and it has Robert to the Phillies, Crochet to the Orioles, & Fedde to the Guardians.

And honestly, all three of those pairings make sense.  Here is what I’d want from each of them to get a deal done:

• CF Luis Robert to PHI for SS/3B Aidan Miller, OF Justin Crawford, RHP Mick Abel, & RHP Wen Hui Pan
  • SP Crochet to BAL for C/1B Samuel Basallo, OF Dylan Beavers, & RHP Jackson Baumeister
  • SP Fedde to CLE for OF Jaison Churio & RHP Andrew Waters

Please flame away as needed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Passan had a “Perfect Trade for each Contender” article today and it has Robert to the Phillies, Crochet to the Orioles, & Fedde to the Guardians.

And honestly, all three of those pairings make sense.  Here is what I’d want from each of them to get a deal done:

• CF Luis Robert to PHI for SS/3B Aidan Miller, OF Justin Crawford, RHP Mick Abel, & RHP Wen Hui Pan
  • SP Crochet to BAL for C/1B Samuel Basallo, OF Dylan Beavers, & RHP Jackson Baumeister

Those would not be bad deals for the Sox. Personally, I think Basallo’s bat is pretty far ahead of his glove and that he ends up at 1b. But a lot of good gets in those packages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think that's far too much from BAL. But would absolutely do BAL and CLE here.  I still would like a better headliner for Robert and don't love Crawford for his lack of power and terrible bb/K rate.  I'd pass on this PHI deal.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I would want Miller (55), Crawford (55), and Caba (55) from Philly for Robert.

I would want Mayo (55), Beavers (50), and McDermott (50) from Baltimore.

I would want Chourio (55) from Cleveland.

That kind of haul would go a long way to rebuilding this dumpster fire.

• Love 1

Not a huge injury but starters are dropping like flies…

“Mariners placed RHP Bryan Woo on the 15-day injured list with a right hamstring strain.

Woo has been phenomenal this season for Seattle, registering a microscopic 1.77 ERA, 0.69 WHIP and 28/3 K/BB ratio across 40 2/3 innings (eight starts), but has struggled to stay healthy. The 24-year-old righty was lifted from the fourth inning of Monday’s start against the Rays with a right hamstring tightness, and a subsequent MRI revealed a low-grade strain. He’s going to miss at least a couple weeks, even with this being arguably the best-case scenario outcome.”

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Those would not be bad deals for the Sox. Personally, I think Basallo’s bat is pretty far ahead of his glove and that he ends up at 1b. But a lot of good gets in those packages.

To be honest, I have Basallo as a 1B based on the reports I’ve read but the bat seems legit enough to project him as an impact hitter regardless of position.  I know some may prefer a guy Kjerstad who can play the OF, but he’s not great out there and is already 25.  Given our situation, I’d push for youth and ceiling and I think Basallo offers the best combo of anyone attainable in that system (though admittedly I really like what I’ve seen of Mayo).

• Thanks 1