Story on Sox trade possibilities...

15 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I don't want to trade with SD anymore - I don't think they match up with what we need. James replies in that thread that he'd need Snelling and De Vries as a start, but I think we need to target impact outfield prospects. 

• Like 2

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

I don't want to trade with SD anymore - I don't think they match up with what we need. James replies in that thread that he'd need Snelling and De Vries as a start, but I think we need to target impact outfield prospects. 

I don't love what the Padres have to offer outside of Salas. Both Snelling and Lesko have also been down arrow this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m in the boat that is fine extending him, but more of the team-friendly variety. Idk if I’d gamble $25M+ a year on his health. And knowing Jerry, he won’t either.

Fully agree.  And that’s the problem…seems like he’s determined to bet on himself and not lock down $70M or so for the next four seasons.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s quite possible that a team acquiring Crochet may have to offer a contract extension for him to lift those innings restrictions in the second half because of the potential of an injury risk.

Seem to remember getting pounced on ... for thinking the same exact way other front offices might be thinking with wanting an extension baked in to mitigate rather than add to the risk.

You never said anything about an extension to lift innings restrictions for this year.

And it also said the team acquiring him would be offering the extension not the Sox. You were blaming Getz.

Would be very odd for Crochet to agree to a long term deal to lift any innings limits for this year.Why would any GM  risk Crochet's future by pitching him into a lengthy post season this year? That wouldn't make sense to sign him long term then try to pitch him to death the rest of the season for a short term gain that likely won't work and end up paying more money to do it.

I'm sure Crochet would love a $100M contract but he's still going to be on a plan this season and it's not going to be a plan that included pitching a possible 200 innings into late October or early November.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You never said anything about an extension to lift innings restrictions for this year.

And it also said the team acquiring him would be offering the extension not the Sox. You were blaming Getz.

Would be very odd for Crochet to agree to a long term deal to lift any innings limits for this year.Why would any GM  risk Crochet's future by pitching him into a lengthy post season this year? That wouldn't make sense to sign him long term then try to pitch him to death the rest of the season for a short term gain that likely won't work and end up paying more money to do it.

I'm sure Crochet would love a $100M contract but he's still going to be on a plan this season and it's not going to be a plan that included pitching a possible 200 innings into late October or early November.

An extension would be all about risk motivation from the acquiring bigger market teams...they (Sox) were never going to pitch him like Rodon in 2021, knowing he was out the door.  Unless they were insane.

Getz has to do everything possible to maximize the return on Crochet and Robert.

Anything else is management malpractice.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for any Crochet trade discussions/proposals. The sheer amount of teams that should be interested, on top of his unique situation of already being at a career high on innings. So much to chew through.

Don't f*** this up Chris.

Narrator: he will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Gee I wonder why the Sox would put out conflicting information… and how they would go about doing so?

lol Stone is an announcer what’s he supposed to say “well the white Sox are too cheap to extend Garrett so expect to see him traded in the next few weeks”

• Like 4

The Sox should 100% extend Crochet and Fedde.  If what we "hear" they say is correct, they like it here.

So make a core.

Pitching looks insane coming up.  (Only thing we're good at).  Draft smart.  We'll see.

I don't think this should be 5 year thing like lots of guys say here.  I think a couple good 2-3.  With signs in a year.

I spend most of my time watching the downstairs games - Cballs had a shut out, Barons are compete for a championship....  Those teams are really good.  

The top product White Sox are pathetic.

• TLR 1

4 hours ago, FranksPillz said:

The Sox should 100% extend Crochet and Fedde.  If what we "hear" they say is correct, they like it here.

So make a core.

Pitching looks insane coming up.  (Only thing we're good at).  Draft smart.  We'll see.

I don't think this should be 5 year thing like lots of guys say here.  I think a couple good 2-3.  With signs in a year.

I spend most of my time watching the downstairs games - Cballs had a shut out, Barons are compete for a championship....  Those teams are really good.  

The top product White Sox are pathetic.

They can get away with losing one of Robert AND Crochet, but definitely not both...if they want to be closer to competitive next year.

Personally, I think that ship has already sailed...and rushing the latest so-called generational Top 3 NCAA "proven power hitter" up to the big leagues too quickly isn't something we should be rooting for again.

7 hours ago, joejoesox said:

looking at crochets stats over the last 2.5 months , gonna suck when he's playing for someone else , very talented pitcher.

I'll venture to say 90 percent of Sox fans consider it purposefully tanking for the future if Crochet is traded. Nobody cares about money. They just want to win.

10 hours ago, T R U said:

lol Stone is an announcer what’s he supposed to say “well the white Sox are too cheap to extend Garrett so expect to see him traded in the next few weeks”

The Royals put Bo Jackson in their Hall of Fame Saturday. Remember the days the Sox thought it important to sign Bo Jackson? A real star? Long gone. Now anybody good gets traded with apparently the goal many 100 loss seasons to come.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

The Royals put Bo Jackson in their Hall of Fame Saturday. Remember the days the Sox thought it important to sign Bo Jackson? A real star? Long gone. Now anybody good gets traded with apparently the goal many 100 loss seasons to come.

It was worth signing someone like him because the rest of the team was, you know, good.

You need to have a good core. Not just 2 or 3 good players.

35 minutes ago, JoeC said:

It was worth signing someone like him because the rest of the team was, you know, good.

You need to have a good core. Not just 2 or 3 good players.

Bo Jackson was a shadow of his former self after the hip replacement surgery.  More for his veteran presence, club house chemistry and Auburn connection with the Big Hurt.