Story on Sox trade possibilities...

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

James Fox speculates that they would build a package around Connor Norby. Meh. He’s R/R, is not really a 2b and his strikeouts scare me. He has no chance of breaking into their lineup. Maybe as the weak side of a corner outfield platoon with either Cowser or Kjerstad? If that is the return, I would hold onto Garrett at least until the offseason.

Think he meant that as satire because I’m sure Mike Elias isn’t offering Mayo/Basallo because he loves prospect hugging

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Think he meant that as satire because I’m sure Mike Elias isn’t offering Mayo/Basallo because he loves prospect hugging

Yeah I read it as they won’t do what it takes. 

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

James Fox speculates that they would build a package around Connor Norby. Meh. He’s R/R, is not really a 2b and his strikeouts scare me. He has no chance of breaking into their lineup. Maybe as the weak side of a corner outfield platoon with either Cowser or Kjerstad? If that is the return, I would hold onto Garrett at least until the offseason.

I was joking 

1 hour ago, Rey21 said:

Exactly this. 

• Thanks 2

Seattle, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Philly, Milwaukee, San Diego, etc… can you please pony the f*** up?

I can’t take another 28 days of boredom. Let’s break the levy damn it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think it will take some incredible "haul" to trade for Robert.  They're very motivated to move him before he gets hurt again. 

Ugh....

It better damn well be a haul

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think it will take some incredible "haul" to trade for Robert.  They're very motivated to move him before he gets hurt again. 

Well if it won't require a haul, it shouldn't be hard to move him at all.  If it requires a haul, it looks like Seattle or bust to me.
But I'm really suspicious of any willingness to sell low, given Pedro as manager; he was griping about him last season for no real reason (not running out a ground ball, as I recall); Pedro and his stupid "clubhouse" garbage. 

Plus, the Sox need an influx of real talent.  And only Robert and Crochet can bring that.  it's worth the risk to wait out for a haul.   At least wait until Seattle checks in; they should be nearing the desperation point soon.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

it's worth the risk to wait out for a haul.

Even if we have to wait until the offseason or next year. I’d rather risk him turning it around and staying healthy for a haul compared to selling low to play it safe with a small return coming back.

f*** it.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be killer.

Which is why it probably ain’t happening but I’d say it would be a good trade for both teams. Everyone and their grandma knows the dodgers need starting pitching.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Can you provide us with what you think it would cost? Using Mariners as an example

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Can you provide us with what you think it would cost? Using Mariners as an example

Ken Griffey Jr.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Fucking joke of an organization 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude is like 60 now, so Getz is probably interested. 

Thats the Kenny Williams Special.

Posted (edited)

Stating the obvious but trading your studs for other teams prospects points out how important drafting and developing players is.

The Sox should go all in on being a small market team and follow Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Tampa Bay lead.

In the words of Denny Green , " They are who we thought they were" ...whatever that means :)

Edited by Falstaff

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

More concerned about his "reasonably valued" upcoming contract years being off the books than the talent return.

Idiots.

How much surplus value is there really if he’s making ~$18M per after this season? He’s proven himself as, what, a ~3 WAR player on avg per season? So maybe there’s ~3-4 WAR in surplus value remaining on his contract? Personally, I don’t think that’s worth a king’s ransom. To me, Crochet has more trade value than Robert despite having one year less of control remaining.

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Thats the Kenny Williams Special.

Not to mention this would be his second time acquiring said old dude.

24 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How much surplus value is there really if he’s making ~$18M per after this season? He’s proven himself as, what, a ~3 WAR player on avg per season? So maybe there’s ~3-4 WAR in surplus value remaining on his contract? Personally, I don’t think that’s worth a king’s ransom. To me, Crochet has more trade value than Robert despite having one year less of control remaining.

You’re undervaluing him greatly.  He was a 5 win player last year and his wRC+ is nearly identical now.  His hip injury has definitely impacted his defense some this year and he clearly isn’t giving his all given how god awful this team is.  IMO, he’s easily a 5 win player if healthy and even if you want to discount his value some for that factor, you need to account for the fact the value of a win isn’t linear and guys capable of putting 5+ win seasons are worth substantially more than the standard $9/WAR assumption most people use.