Story on Sox trade possibilities...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I like your posts but I still couldn't say what your position is on the current tank/rebuild. We know my position: Keep the guys who actually have value on a baseball field, get 2 new starters, 2 good relievers and 2 more hitters. That's six players from division contention. How do we get them? That's Getzie's job to figure out. Monte is one of them and maybe Colas the second and we have the young catching stud in the system. It's not that difficult. I wish you'd describe to me your exact position on what the Sox should do besides wait on Jerry's selling the team which isn't much of a stance to be frank (thomas). Peace out.

The bolded IS my position categorically because THERE IS NO OTHER VIABLE WAY OUT.

Again JR isn't changing his operating philosophy.

No top shelf free agents

No long term deals for pitchers

No negotiating with certain agents

Fiscal responsibility when it comes to team payroll

Do you want me to go on?????????????????????

The first rebuild failed because guys constantly were injured AND this is often overlooked JR REFUSED to finish the deal. They had little depth, did not get the franchise changing player (Machado/Harper) and over ruled his front office to bring in TLR.

He thinks his way is the right way, history shows it isn't but that simply doesn't register with him.

So what can you do?

1. Outlive current ownership

2. Break out those VHS tapes and DVD of Sox games/highlights from better seasons

3. Do EXACTLY what they are doing now, trading anybody worth a damn for prospects and "hope" they can develop and turn the franchise around. 

That's all I've got.  

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

I like watching Garrett Crochet pitch and Luis Robert at bats( very few guys in the lineup that I could say this about). 

I'm not against trading them for elite prospects back. I am against trading them for a bunch of mid tier prospects. That doesn't add up to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Congrats, you have spent about a billion dollars, and assembled a 75 win team.  You are now the NY Mets, and Crochet and Fedde are leaving via free agency.

Not really; they got Fedde in a master move, for peanuts so to speak.

1 hour ago, kwill said:

I like watching Garrett Crochet pitch and Luis Robert at bats( very few guys in the lineup that I could say this about). 

That's why this tank/rebuild stuff is a nonsequitir. Two players worth paying to watch? Get rid of 'em, case closed. I agree with Lip Jerry has to go, but Jerry apparently ain't selling. And nobody is Scrooge enough to wish ill will on his health. I wish him life longevity. He did give us one title in our lifetimes at least.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The bolded IS my position categorically because THERE IS NO OTHER VIABLE WAY OUT.

Again JR isn't changing his operating philosophy.

No top shelf free agents

No long term deals for pitchers

No negotiating with certain agents

Fiscal responsibility when it comes to team payroll

Do you want me to go on?????????????????????

The first rebuild failed because guys constantly were injured AND this is often overlooked JR REFUSED to finish the deal. They had little depth, did not get the franchise changing player (Machado/Harper) and over ruled his front office to bring in TLR.

He thinks his way is the right way, history shows it isn't but that simply doesn't register with him.

So what can you do?

1. Outlive current ownership

2. Break out those VHS tapes and DVD of Sox games/highlights from better seasons

3. Do EXACTLY what they are doing now, trading anybody worth a damn for prospects and "hope" they can develop and turn the franchise around. 

That's all I've got.  

My problem is I don't like or endorse No. 3. I do appreciate your position but I don't like it.

I wish I was a hockey fan and could examine how the Blackhawks are trying to turn it around now that they have Bedard. Think about if they had our philosophy. They'd trade him for two studs and five No. 1 draft picks. Apparently they see value in the star cause I haven't heard of him being on the block. You could say he is the Hawks version of Crochet/Robert. ... And how are the Bulls rebuilding? They don't seem to care much about signing stars: oh wait, doesn't Jerry own that team, too? Ugh, what a lost summer.

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I wish I was a hockey fan and could examine how the Blackhawks are trying to turn it around now that they have Bedard. Think about if they had our philosophy. They'd trade him for two studs and five No. 1 draft picks. Apparently they see value in the star cause I haven't heard of him being on the block. You could say he is the Hawks version of Crochet/Robert. ... And how are the Bulls rebuilding? They don't seem to care much about signing stars: oh wait, doesn't Jerry own that team, too? Ugh, what a lost summer.

You know how the Hawks got Bedard?  They dumped all of their good players when they got expensive and near the end of their deals.

Yes, they tanked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kwill said:

I'm not against trading them for elite prospects back. I am against trading them for a bunch of mid tier prospects. That doesn't add up to me. 

You can rest assured they won’t do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Correct.  At least with Robert, it sounds like mediocre prospects is all it will take if someone is willing to absorb Benintnendi’s contract.

Guessing/hoping this is sarcasm. I doubt Sox will attach Beni to either of those guys. 

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You know how the Hawks got Bedard?  They dumped all of their good players when they got expensive and near the end of their deals.

Yes, they tanked.

How was attendance during the tank years? That's disappointing to me even if he's dynamite.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guessing/hoping this is sarcasm. I doubt Sox will attach Beni to either of those guys. 

Yes, just mocking Harold for thinking dumping Benintendi’s “god awful” $55M contract is more important than getting high-end prospects for Robert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes, just mocking Harold for thinking dumping Benintendi’s “god awful” $55M contract is more important than getting high-end prospects for Robert.

Only 13-14 Ohtani contracts…

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Tragically the Grimace magic has worn off a bit. Stink of the Same Ole' Mets has returned a bit.

Not much you can do when Andrew McCutchen summons the power of furries.

Doesn't even matter that he wasn't in the lineup.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yep.  Good luck on the Sox ever improving if they either can’t afford to eat a pathetic $55 million dollar contract or would be absolutely stupid and pathetic enough to neuter their return on one of their two best players by including a salary dump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

DFAing Benny is the best outcome. But if JR doesn't want to pay another player, even the minimum, while he pays a LFer to play for someone else, then just DH him during what will be another losing season. If he could get back to what he was with the Yankees with a little bit more of this year's power, that's less painful to pay $17m for than what we're getting now. Stop the defensive bleeding, somehow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

How was attendance during the tank years? That's disappointing to me even if he's dynamite.

Who fucking cares about attendance 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

17 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

DFAing Benny is the best outcome. But if JR doesn't want to pay another player, even the minimum, while he pays a LFer to play for someone else, then just DH him during what will be another losing season. If he could get back to what he was with the Yankees with a little bit more of this year's power, that's less painful to pay $17m for than what we're getting now. Stop the defensive bleeding, somehow. 

Even the F@#$ing Marlins DFAd a guy in similar straights in Avi.