Story on Sox trade possibilities...

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Passan on ESPN writes that the Sox are willing to trade anybody, including Crochet and Robert.

Does it really matter? The same idiots who screwed up the first rebuild are still in charge

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Pretty much any team in baseball could use him.

But not all teams could afford him. Short list off the top of my head that can afford him and center the package around bats:

Orioles, Mariners, Yankees (don't like what their deal would look like), Rays (probs gunna sell). 

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

But not all teams could afford him. Short list off the top of my head that can afford him and center the package around bats:

Orioles, Mariners, Yankees, Rays (probs gunna sell). 

That is absolutely true.  It has to start with a true top 10 prospect, and then add from there.  We are probably talking 3 top 100 guys when all is said and done to make it work for the Sox.  Will someone meet it?  Who knows.

Posted (edited)

Chicago White Sox

The worst team in baseball is open for business. Outfielder Tommy Pham might be the most certain player of any to be dealt, but there are no sacred cows on the South Side. Yes, the White Sox are willing to deal center fielder Luis Robert Jr., who is expected to return from a hip injury this week and is signed through 2027. Yes, the White Sox are willing to move right-hander Erick Fedde, who has been excellent in his return to MLB after a one-year sojourn to South Korea and is signed through 2025. Perhaps most notably, yes, the White Sox are willing to trade left-hander Garrett Crochet, whose conversion from the bullpen to starter has been one of the great success stories of the early season and who is a free agent after the 2026 season. What they seek in return won't be low, particularly for the 24-year-old Crochet, but as the White Sox's rebuild kicks into gear, don't underestimate the willingness of new general manager Chris Getz to tear down even more than he already has. Others in play: closer Michael Kopech, reliever Tim Hill and shortstop Paul DeJong, with right-hander Mike Clevinger joining the group should he return from an elbow injury in time to help this season.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/40270451/mlb-2024-early-trade-deadline-preview-all-30-teams-randy-arozarena-pete-alonso-vlad-guerrero-jr

Edited by DirtySox

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

As they should. They desperately need to acquire some high end position player prospects.

Robert to the Mariners for some sort of Emerson/Cole Young package would make me feel much better about the future.

They need a strong run out of Robert up to the trade deadline.  It starts tonight!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They need a strong run out of Robert up to the trade deadline.  It starts tonight!

I think there are only like 5 teams who can make this trade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This makes sense.  Any team looking at Robert would need

-#1 to be in a competitive window today

-#2 have a deep farm system

-#3 have a top heavy system with a guy around the Top 10 of all prospects, plus probably another top 30 to 50 guy and an end of the top 100 guy to start a deal for Robert.

-#4 have all of #1-3 and not be afraid to deal those kinds of guys.

• Like 1

I'm all for moving Robert if you can get a Top 10 plus another Top 50 plus a 50-100 prospect.

I'm good with selling high on Crochet too, assuming it's a significant return (not sure I'd go for a 50 grade and a 45 grade, but I'd definitely go for a 55 grade and a 50 grade). 

If you can get a single 50 for Fedde, do it. 

Whatever u can get for Pham, Flexen and Kopech, get it done.

Our old friends in BAL are still a good fit, but they are cheap and if they didn't fold for Cease, I don't think they will for Crochet or Fedde. Maybe they will for Robert?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yea, I like selling to the Padres.  They always have a bounty of legit prospects and aren't afraid to deal them....presumably because Preller, the best talent identifier in the biz, knows that he can find more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think there are a few more than that and the nice thing is they're all playoff contenders.  The first call I would make is to Preller and say it starts with Jackson Merrill.  

19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think there are a few more than that and the nice thing is they're all playoff contenders.  The first call I would make is to Preller and say it starts with Jackson Merrill.  

I started looking him to to refresh my memory and this is one of the first things I found.

https://www.prospectslive.com/prospects-live/2022/10/29/is-jackson-merrill-the-1-prospect-in-baseball

image.png

• Like 1

Lord the Mariners farm is just overflowing with great position player prospects.

Emerson, Young, Ford, Celesten, Farmelo.

Fingers crossed Robert goes on an absolute tear.

19 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Lord the Mariners farm is just overflowing with great position player prospects.

Seattle is a good match too.  They fielded calls on Robert this past off season but told teams they weren't trading him so they already know who's interested but you're right. He needs to go on an absolute tear so they can get strong offers at the deadline.

4 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The brick wall at Wrigley worries me.

29 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Mariners have a ton of OF on the 26 man already. No one outside Julio is in Robert's league, but they would need to find takers for a few guys, namely Haniger. They have the prospects to get it done though.