Story on Sox trade possibilities...

55 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I am going to vomit if they take a lesser return to dump Beni. Holy s%*# would that enrage me. And I've largely been ambivalent/fine with Getz so far.

Remember when they attached Tatis to get SD to eat more of Shields' deal?

Good times.

20 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

They should absolutely and 100% tank in 25 to get a top 3 pick; get whatever they can for everyone not named Crochet and Robert this year; attempt to maximize their return on Robert and Crochet, which Getz will struggle to do; not trade Benintendi; and then actually try to win in 26 with lots of assets ready. 

Move on from Vaughn/Sheets.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Remember when they attached Tatis to get SD to eat more of Shields' deal?

Good times.

I am going to wait for it to happen, but all this means is Chris Getz and Rick Hahn are the same picture if it does.

My god, that signing of Benintendi was awful. At best he was always like a high 700/low 800 OPS corner outfielder. What a disastrous decision. 5 years!? You almost have to consider DFA'ing him when you have players like Julks, Pham, Colas, etc. around.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

PItching?  Really? 

There's a twitter thread Jimmy is a part of discussing this. He posits that the White Sox need to maximize returns, and teams are very reluctant moving position prospects in today's landscape. So if teams are more willing to trade top end pitching versus top end position players, that's what they will take back.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Not sure why you guys are taking a Bruce Levine piece at face value.

For the same reason we get upset about never maximizing intl free agent signing pools but consistently trading it away for other teams to sign prospects they've simply outscouted the Sox on.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/08/dodgers-to-sign-top-korean-pitching-prospect-hyun-seok-jang.html

To be fair...he hasn't lit up MiLB quite yet at 20.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

There's a twitter thread Jimmy is a part of discussing this. He posits that the White Sox need to maximize returns, and teams are very reluctant moving position prospects in today's landscape. So if teams are more willing to trade top end pitching versus top end position players, that's what they will take back.

I will say that does at least play into the Sox strengths of pitching development vs offensive player dev.

Out of all the players on the trade block on this team, except Crochet and Robert, you take the best return you can get and figure the rest out later.

If a team is offering two top 100 SPs for Fedde, you take that and run (as an example)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GGajewski18 said:

Out of all the players on the trade block on this team, except Crochet and Robert, you take the best return you can get and figure the rest out later.

If a team is offering two top 100 SPs for Fedde, you take that and run (as an example)

Yep, no brainer actually.

15 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will say that does at least play into the Sox strengths of pitching development vs offensive player dev.

Then I'd definitely hold on to the two big guys.

Unless you think you can trade Crochet and Robert for pitching and then deal minor league pitching for hitting.  But then you better self-scout real well... and if no one is giving you bats for Robert or Crochet, why would they give you bats for Ky Bush and Peyton Pallette?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Robert for Andrew Painter and Justin Crawford. Who says no?

32 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

My god, that signing of Benintendi was awful. At best he was always like a high 700/low 800 OPS corner outfielder. What a disastrous decision. 5 years!? You almost have to consider DFA'ing him when you have players like Julks, Pham, Colas, etc. around.

Colas is one of the worst players I've ever watched. Does nothing well

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the Sox trade for more pitching?

Because I expect them to trade Crochet. And if they don’t, a rotation of Crochet/Painter/Schultz/Thorpe could be the best in MLB starting next season. It would certainly have the most upside of any rotation in baseball.

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Robert for Andrew Painter and Justin Crawford. Who says no?

Way too little.  Painter hasn't pitched since 2022.  

I'd ask for Miller, Crawford, Caba and a lottery ticket

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Colas is one of the worst players I've ever watched. Does nothing well

There's like 5 players worse than Colas alone on the Sox.  

Colas has done decent since he has been called back up.  Like all the young guys on the team, they need to be in the lineup everyday

Just now, DirtySox said:

The White Sox. Need more than that.

Really? I’m not sure about that. Painter was the consensus top minor league arm going into last season prior to his injury. We’re talking about a guy that just turned 21 and could be a top 20 mlb pitcher as early as the 2026 season, assuming full recovery from TJS. Crawford is another T100 mlb prospect to boot.

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Way too little.  Painter hasn't pitched since 2022.  

I'd ask for Miller, Crawford, Caba and a lottery ticket

Oh geez and some people say I overvalue Sox players in potential trade scenarios lol. I think you guys are undervaluing Painter. He was untouchable prior to TJS and probably still borderline untouchable (unless the Phillies are getting a star player in return).

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Oh geez and some people say I overvalue Sox players in potential trade scenarios lol. I think you guys are undervaluing Painter. He was untouchable prior to TJS and probably still borderline untouchable (unless the Phillies are getting a star player in return).

He has 3.5 years of control.  If your price isn't met, then keep him.  It's that simple