Story on Sox trade possibilities...

18 hours ago, Whisox05 said:

Crochet, Fedde, & Robert should all fetch quality returns. I would love to see Kopech, DeJong, Sheets, & Pham all shipped out, I don't even care about the return. If anyone wants to give up a bag of balls for Eloy, peace out, otherwise he joins Moncada on the unemployment line. Launch Moldy too, but I doubt that happens. 

If we are really stripping it down, go all in and stop half-assing it. Claim as many interesting waiver wire & DFAs as possible and see what some of your kids have. Even if they end up AAAA players, enough with the washed up vets.

18 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Crochet, Fedde, & Robert should all fetch quality returns. I would love to see Kopech, DeJong, Sheets, & Pham all shipped out, I don't even care about the return. If anyone wants to give up a bag of balls for Eloy, peace out, otherwise he joins Moncada on the unemployment line. Launch Moldy too, but I doubt that happens. 

If we are really stripping it down, go all in and stop half-assing it. Claim as many interesting waiver wire & DFAs as possible and see what some of your kids have. Even if they end up AAAA players, enough with the washed up vets.

Robert really going to fetch a quality return right now when he's striking out 40% of the time, not doing well in defensive metrics and coming off of a major injury, where he has injured the same area multiple times? 

I don't think Robert is getting traded this year unless he turns things around, and even then not until the offseason. I don't think the offers will be there at the TDL. 

More likely Robert gets moved next summer if healthy and performing well. 

Don't think Crochet gets moved until the offseason at the earliest as well. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Robert really going to fetch a quality return right now when he's striking out 40% of the time, not doing well in defensive metrics and coming off of a major injury, where he has injured the same area multiple times? 

I don't think Robert is getting traded this year unless he turns things around, and even then not until the offseason. I don't think the offers will be there at the TDL. 

I didn't say mega-haul, I said quality. Robert's talent and contract still make him a valuable addition. His injury concerns are legitimate and that will give teams pause, but he'll still be in high demand.

I'm honestly 50/50 on Robert being moved during the season or this winter. Crochet for that matter too. Not because the offers won't be there, but because I have my doubts as to whether Getz actually has the green light to burn it all down.

I think it would behoove Getz and the Sox to get on top of this early.  There will be a lot more sellers than currently predicted.  I think Tampa will join the "trade anyone" party and there will be another 8 -10 teams willing l to sell any player on an expiring contract or even 1.5 contract.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

Bradish gets TJ. Not sure Elias will actually pony up the prospects to get Crochet but I can see a lighter/lesser move less costly for them to nab Fedde. They have to do something in that rotation now though. 

How soon until those Orioles fans are back here posting?  ?

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/albert-suarez-struggles-in-orioles-loss-to-yankees

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

Fangraphs current playoff odds/projections

57-105

That's wildly optimistic.  Considering they are 75% trading Fedde, Pham, DeJong, Kopech and at least 50/50 on Crochet, Robert, Flexen, Wilson, Brebbia, Banks.

Then you've got Moncada and Jimenez, as well as Clevinger.

Right now, the actual pace is 44-118.    Royals were 56-106 last season, fwiw.   And nowhere near as bad as this White Sox team is going to be down the stretch, minus some miraculous/unexpected contributions on the minor league development side of the equation.

6 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

A lot of people seem to think teams move off valuations based on 100 ABs. 

CF is the weakest offensively it's ever been - in MLB history. It's the weakest offensive position in baseball. 

Doubt many are too worried about Roberts 171 babip. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

A lot of people seem to think teams move off valuations based on 100 ABs. 

CF is the weakest offensively it's ever been - in MLB history. It's the weakest offensive position in baseball. 

Doubt many are too worried about Roberts 171 babip. 

I don't think they're worried about the avg I think they're worried about the D and Ks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

Bradish gets TJ. Not sure Elias will actually pony up the prospects to get Crochet but I can see a lighter/lesser move less costly for them to nab Fedde. They have to do something in that rotation now though. 

I'm fine moving Fedde and Banks right now for Kjerstad. 

Crochet will cost way more yes and Elias hates giving up prospects. 

He will prolly try insisting on Norby first before he parts with Kjerstad.

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah, I think Norby is gone before the deadline for a pitcher. Kjerstad would be a great get obviously. If we move Fedde to Baltimore though I will still guess the return is either Beavers+ or Norby. Kjerstad would be awesome however. 

7 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

He is now 1-1 in his last 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That would be highway robbery.

43 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I don't think they're worried about the avg I think they're worried about the D and Ks. 

Nothing in baseball nosier still than defensive metrics. I'm pretty sure there's not much worry about an elite defender suddenly becoming a liability. Even if he lost 1 step.

• Like 1