Story on Sox trade possibilities...

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Likelihood of the Orioles making that trade?  0.1% is probably too high.

BTV has Fedde at 11.6m SV (some here have suggested it should be higher) and Banks at 12.9.

That's about 23-24m SV..I don't know the current Kjerstad projection but it's prolly somewhere in that area. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BTV has Fedde at 11.6m SV (some here have suggested it should be higher) and Banks at 12.9.

That's about 23-24m SV..I don't know the current Kjerstad projection but it's prolly somewhere in that area. 

Kjerstad would be worth a lot more than $23M to $24M in expected surplus value.  BTV is way too low on Fedde, especially if they think he is somehow less valuable than Tanner Banks.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Look I know those numbers exist, but if they weren't willing to give him in a Cease deal, there is zero chance it happens in a Fedde deal.

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Kjerstad would be worth a lot more than $23M to $24M in expected surplus value.  BTV is way too low on Fedde, especially if they think he is somehow less valuable than Tanner Banks.

I'd be very surprised if Kjerstads SV was significantly higher than 24m given defensive concerns.

42 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Use all the BS trade value calculators you want.  Elias isn’t giving up Kjerstad for Fedde and Banks.  This is laughable.  Kjerstad, the #21 prospect in the MLB.  Not gonna happen.  Never gonna happen.  Like SS2K5 said, the Sox couldn’t even get a prospect rated that high in the Cease trade.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Seems like Jimbo may has heard something? Who would this theoretically even be for? Seems like for Fedde

Mike Boeve is a super polarizing player. 60 hit 40 power 40 speed 40 arm. Tough profile for a regular as his entire value is tied to babip. People who criticize Jacob Gonzalez’s impact haven’t seen nothing yet. I mean, if they keep deadening the ball, I suppose the profile plays better as an extreme contact guy. I just hate watching station to station, all singles offense. But with that good of a hit tool, you could imagine him figuring out a way to hit 20 HR.

12 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Mike Boeve is a super polarizing player. 60 hit 40 power 40 speed 40 arm. Tough profile for a regular as his entire value is tied to babip. People who criticize Jacob Gonzalez’s impact haven’t seen nothing yet. I mean, if they keep deadening the ball, I suppose the profile plays better as an extreme contact guy. I just hate watching station to station, all singles offense. But with that good of a hit tool, you could imagine him figuring out a way to hit 20 HR.

Ugh...sell Fedde for power. Have they not figured out that there's only so much a limpdick style offense can do?

Fedde should be in a package for Kjerstad. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ugh...sell Fedde for power. Have they not figured out that there's only so much a limpdick style offense can do?

No way you get Kjerstad in a Fedde deal. Not without that package including someone else with multiple years of control going to O’s.

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think Beavers may be a realistic target, but I think the O’s are reluctant to do anything but win trades. I just don’t see them as a match for any of the Sox assets, sadly.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

No way you get Kjerstad in a Fedde deal. Not without that package including someone else with multiple years of control going to O’s.

Fedde + Banks has substantial value. 

Obviously, if Crochet is the headliner, that could easily net Kjerstad but it would also require much more from the O's.....more than Elias is willing to pay.

So then the issue becomes if Chicago won't take Kjerstad as the headliner in a Robert/Crochet trade...what else do u need to add to Fedde for Kjerstad. I think Fedde and Banks is a pretty good offer.

Ofcourse we are also dealing with a prospect hugging team so logic doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Only if you include Crochet.

• Like 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

I think Beavers may be a realistic target, but I think the O’s are reluctant to do anything but win trades. I just don’t see them as a match for any of the Sox assets, sadly.

As Jimmy has mentioned it will take more than Beavers to get Fedde 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Only if you include Crochet.

Fedde + Crochet will require multiple things BAL is unwilling to pay.

Crochet alone will also require multiple things BAL is unwilling to pay.

If BAL wants Crochet by himself, it would likely take both Kjerstad and Cowser

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Fedde + Crochet will require multiple things BAL is unwilling to pay.

Crochet alone will also require multiple things BAL is unwilling to pay.

If BAL wants Crochet, it would likely take both Kjerstad and Cowser

There is zero chance the Sox get Kjerstad for Fedde when the Os weren't willing to do it for Cease

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is zero chance the Sox get Kjerstad for Fedde when the Os weren't willing to do it for Cease

10000%. It’s not about prospect hugging. It would just be flat out stupid.

If I were an O’s fan and we traded for a SP with a year and a couple months of control and a reliever, I would be bummed. You can probably get an OF from the next tier plus others though.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Two 45 FV prospects would be a better return than I had predicted earlier this season so I’d call it a win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Depends on new ownership. If Elias has nothing to work with besides prospects he will hug prospects.

If he has a legit budget, he may be willing to trade prospects particularly those who provide most of their value in the bat.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Also, we gotta stop citing that baseball trade value site. It’s garbage and GMs aren’t building trades based on it.

The Cease trade was almost identical value based on that site (44m return vs 42m given up) and I think the Burnes trade was pretty close too.