Story on Sox trade possibilities...

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

They’re going to need at least one starting pitcher and we arguably have the best two on the market.

I’m sure they learned last year that they need to be more aggressive come the deadline… and the “health” of their rotation isn’t helping at all.

Flaherty excellent this year so far...that has to sting.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/31053/kyle-gibson

Kyle Gibson too.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Dear God, I was referring to the Cease trade lol the bitterness of some fans here because their GM didn’t overpay.

No GM paid close to the hypothetical deals proposed here so it’s wei

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Because they didn’t overpay (which would have been a mistake if they had paid up what was proposed here) for Cease? Their GM rocked that s%*# perfectly and still has ammo to trade for more.

Yes. I’m incredibly petty. 

Not sure how it's a difficult concept that you have to have a collection of talent so that you have good players playing together. You can't spread out your talented players over time and expect to field good teams.

• TLR 1

I was thinking about Robert/Crochet this morning and I really do think both are getting traded

Robert definitely,just my seeing how he's clearly playing hurt based on how he's looked, his mobility has decreased for sure, I think they're trying to showcase him, otherwise they would've been more conservative with his playtime 

crochet I always felt was as good as gone, but Robert I was 50/50 on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

I was thinking about Robert/Crochet this morning and I really do think both are getting traded

Robert definitely,just my seeing how he's clearly playing hurt based on how he's looked, his mobility has decreased for sure, I think they're trying to showcase him, otherwise they would've been more conservative with his playtime 

But the way he's playing at the moment can only be harming any trade value, he's hitting poorly, and looks half fit. Surely any GM interested in him would want to see him hitting again and mobile. 

3 hours ago, Chimpton said:

But the way he's playing at the moment can only be harming any trade value, he's hitting poorly, and looks half fit. Surely any GM interested in him would want to see him hitting again and mobile. 

there's a chance he could get hurt again before the TDL, but apparently they're willing to roll the dice that he stays healthy enough to stay on the field until then.  if you watch him play he's clearly not fully healthy, guys are taking extra bases on him routinely because of his lack of speed plus his arm sucks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Crochet for Holliday straight up…who says no?

Pretty sure if I’m Holliday, i say no

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Crochet for Holliday straight up…who says no?

I kind of wondered if they might be in a Moncada kind of situation where his debut went so badly that it took just enough shine off of him where Baltimore might reconsider him.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:03 AM, caulfield12 said:

Meanwhile...teams like MIL have these dudes like Brice Perkins or Tyler Black just magically show up and produce to keep their teams competitive.

Or the Cubs with Canario, Tauchman, Busch and Crow-Armstrong.

White Sox (still) have pretty much zero (young) quality depth capable of producing on offense.

Unless you're a huge believer in Brooks Baldwin...

PCA is this decade's Brian Anderson.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 3:23 AM, joejoesox said:

I don't think either one gets traded by the deadline.Doubtful anyone meets the asking price for either one.

If I had to pick which one I think is more likely to be moved it's Luis mainly because Crochet isn't likely to still be effective in October for a long playoff run

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 4:28 AM, caulfield12 said:

PCA is this decade's Brian Anderson.

He’s even worse.  He was supposed to be almost a sure thing prospect and he hasn’t hit in the majors.  Doubt the Cubs would be willing to trade him yet but he would be a nice target at only 22 if the Cubs need another pitcher.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s even worse.  He was supposed to be almost a sure thing prospect and he hasn’t hit in the majors.  Doubt the Cubs would be willing to trade him yet but he would be a nice target at only 22 if the Cubs need another pitcher.

At the rate the Cubs are going they'll be selling guys off just like the Sox in three weeks.