Story on Sox trade possibilities...

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

@Y2Jimmy0 do you think Fedde's great half season of pitching is enough to command a decent haul for him? I wonder how far off it would be from a package for a pitcher who consistently put up these numbers, with the same contract. 

Yeah I think he brings back a lot. I’m wondering if they attach something to him to get more from a club too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah I think he brings back a lot. I’m wondering if they attach something to him to get more from a club too. 

I’d expect some close to the Mahle and Berrios trades.

Fedde + Kopech to BAL is my guess 

Fedde plus say a Soroka or Brebbia might push up one of the prospects we get to a higher level for sure than either could get alone.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

You're all pitching Fedde + relievers (or Pham), when in all actuality it's gonna be Fedde + dumping Benintendi

I mean it would suck to get less but I’d be so glad he is gone. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fedde + Kopech to BAL is my guess 

I get the sense that Getz actually doesn't even want guys like Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad from BAL even though we would.

I think he would want to get something like Bradfield and/or Beavers because it better fits his vision even if there's very little power in the lineup and he's just scared to death of anyone that could end up at 1B or DH or LF no matter how good the bat is. 

Not that it matters anyway because trying to trade with BAL is like trying to hammer a piece of jello to the wall.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

How come we want to trade Fedde so bad? He's only 31 and comes cheap. Oh I forgot the Sox for some sick reason enjoy being out of the race on April 29 every year.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

How come we want to trade Fedde so bad? He's only 31 and comes cheap. Oh I forgot the Sox for some sick reason enjoy being out of the race on April 29 every year.

I think you also forgot that the Sox had all of Robert, Crochet, and Fedde, and were still 13.5 games out of the race on April 29th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think you also forgot that the Sox had all of Robert, Crochet, and Fedde, and were still 13.5 games out of the race on April 29th.

The Sox will never build an actual team if they keep doing it this way. There always will be somebody they have to trade to get cheaper talent. Fedde would be useful to next year's team kind of like Freddy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Because he'll be 33 when his deal is up and the Sox aren't going anywhere in the next few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

The Sox will never build an actual team if they keep doing it this way. There always will be somebody they have to trade to get cheaper talent. Fedde would be useful to next year's team kind of like Freddy.

They have built a great team doing it "this way", so why not keep it up.  It's got us on a 40 win pace!  More of that please!!!

Just now, greg775 said:

Complete agree.

Which is why the only solution to this dilemma is new ownership completely gutting the baseball side of the franchise and replacing them with qualified individuals from winning organizations.

That's the ONLY way out since JR isn't changing his ways. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Because he'll be 33 when his deal is up and the Sox aren't going anywhere in the next few years.

I like your posts but I still couldn't say what your position is on the current tank/rebuild. We know my position: Keep the guys who actually have value on a baseball field, get 2 new starters, 2 good relievers and 2 more hitters. That's six players from division contention. How do we get them? That's Getzie's job to figure out. Monte is one of them and maybe Colas the second and we have the young catching stud in the system. It's not that difficult. I wish you'd describe to me your exact position on what the Sox should do besides wait on Jerry's selling the team which isn't much of a stance to be frank (thomas). Peace out.

Edited by greg775
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I like your posts but I still couldn't say what your position is on the current tank/rebuild. We know my position: Keep the guys who actually have value on a baseball field, get 2 new starters, 2 good relievers and 2 more hitters. That's six players from division contention. How do we get them? That's Getzie's job to figure out. Monte is one of them and maybe Colas the second and we have the young catching stud in the system. It's not that difficult. I wish you'd describe to me your exact position on what the Sox should do besides wait on Jerry's selling the team which isn't much of a stance to be frank (thomas). Peace out.

Congrats, you have spent about a billion dollars, and assembled a 75 win team.  You are now the NY Mets, and Crochet and Fedde are leaving via free agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Congrats, you have spent about a billion dollars, and assembled a 75 win team.  You are now the NY Mets, and Crochet and Fedde are leaving via free agency.

I hope one day he’ll see the light but I’m no longer wasting my breath. ?

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mets are in a wildcard race. I'd give anything to be the Mets right now. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mets are in a wildcard race. I'd give anything to be the Mets right now. 

Theres better and more sustainable ways to build a team and use a billion dollars.