Ramos getting called up

The problem is Sosa and Colas taking up 40 man spots. They clearly don't like either player so it's time to make a decision.  I'm sure they tried to trade them both and are getting zero interest around the league so either call them up and let them sink or swim once and for all or just release them and use the 40 man spot on players who are actually options for the 26 man roster.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

In a month it should be:

Ramos 3B

Montgomery SS

Mendick 2B

Shewmake, DeJong, and Lopez grounding out or striking out 3-4 times a game is not big league material.  Let the left side of the IF kids play and Mendick is the top of the scrapheap for 2B.

The only reason to recall Montgomery is if his OPS is 900+.

Right now, he’s not even an average AAA hitter…and he still needs to improve defensively.

The last thing they want to do is have his struggles on that side of the game affect his trying to hold his own offensively…everyone around baseball thought Holliday was going to set the world on fire and he couldn’t even stick, as advanced as his game looked on paper.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The problem is Sosa and Colas taking up 40 man spots. They clearly don't like either player so it's time to make a decision.  I'm sure they tried to trade them both and are getting zero interest around the league so either call them up and let them sink or swim once and for all or just release them and use the 40 man spot on players who are actually options for the 26 man roster.  

I agree. Play them the rest of the way and you can make a decision at the end of the year if you want.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

Any credibility I may have reserved for Getz is now gone. I don't think there's a single justifiable reason why you call a guy like Ramos up right now 

It’s a pure panic move.  I wonder if he’s getting pressure because attendance and ratings are so low that at least they can call up Ramos and sell a handful more tickets.  It’s crazy to say less than a year into a GMs tenure but he really should be fired.  He assembled a historically bad roster even if he had financial constraints and leftovers from the previous regime.  They are literally on pace to be the worst team in league history.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

Any credibility I may have reserved for Getz is now gone. I don't think there's a single justifiable reason why you call a guy like Ramos up right now 

Don't worry, he will make for cash considerations later.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I agree. Play them the rest of the way and you can make a decision at the end of the year if you want.

It’s the perfect year to do this. Use this shitty nothing season to your advantage by seeing what you have in guys.

No? Just continue treading water with veterans? Okay then.

• Thanks 2

• Quin changed the title to Ramos getting called up
1 hour ago, mac9001 said:

Chris Getz is learning that it's hard to GM after an off-season of bluster.

All that smack talk against the AL Central is flying out the window after all the beat downs his defensive juggernaut is getting.

58 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It’s a pure panic move.  I wonder if he’s getting pressure because attendance and ratings are so low that at least they can call up Ramos and sell a handful more tickets.  It’s crazy to say less than a year into a GMs tenure but he really should be fired.  He assembled a historically bad roster even if he had financial constraints and leftovers from the previous regime.  They are literally on pace to be the worst team in league history.

I don't think your typical fan knows who Bryan Ramos is. He isn't selling tickets.

I'm actually fairly surprised by the reaction, I thought it was pretty well agreed that Ramos was getting called up this year. Pipeline seemed to think so. Maybe not this early in the season after his rough start. But it's probably a good thing to get an extended look at him at 3B before the coming offseason, see if he can actually play or if they need to sign somebody. Is he being rushed? Maybe. Prove it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I don't think your typical fan knows who Bryan Ramos is. He isn't selling tickets.

I'm actually fairly surprised by the reaction, I thought it was pretty well agreed that Ramos was getting called up this year. Pipeline seemed to think so. Maybe not this early in the season after his rough start. But it's probably a good thing to get an extended look at him at 3B before the coming offseason, see if he can actually play or if they need to sign somebody. Is he being rushed? Maybe. Prove it.

He started out mega cold at AA and has just finally heated up. 

People assuming he'd reach the Sox this year (me among them) figured he'd have to get to Charlotte and prove it there. Now he's jumping two levels.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The only reason to recall Montgomery is if his OPS is 900+.

Right now, he’s not even an average AAA hitter…and he still needs to improve defensively.

The last thing they want to do is have his struggles on that side of the game affect his trying to hold his own offensively…everyone around baseball thought Holliday was going to set the world on fire and he couldn’t even stick, as advanced as his game looked on paper.

Did you miss the part where it said, “in a month” ?