5/5 1:15pm CDT Rubber game in STL, Ramos starts.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

The haters have taken a stance and seemingly won.

Whatever, I guess. To be honest though, it is a little sad that he thought he needed to stop or was told to stop.

And yet that fucking, bullshitty crappy ass damn Nationwide jingle lives on.....damn haters!!!

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

Whatever, I guess. To be honest though, it is a little sad that he thought he needed to stop or was told to stop.

And yet that fucking, bullshitty crappy ass damn Nationwide jingle lives on.....damn haters!!!

You can tell a man to sit down, but you can't prevent Nationwide from sitting next to him.

• Haha 2

The hater is an abstract construct that exists in all of our minds, especially in the minds of professional athletes and evidently commentators. Renowned poet Soulja Boy once rhetorically asked us (thinking men), "got a question: why they hatin' on me?" He famously followed up with, "if haters want to hate, they'll get shot like a free throw (swoosh)". 

Who is "they"? Who is the "hater"? He isn't a real person. He's an idea. A motivational tool. An imagined enemy. The hater is whoever you want him to be. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wegner said:

I'll take south Side Stand Up! any day over Go Cubs Go, which makes no sense to sing after a win with the line Hey, Hey what do you say the Cubs are going to win today, When it's sung after they already won the game,  so they can't win another unless it's a double header.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

The hater is an abstract construct that exists in all of our minds, especially in the minds of professional athletes and evidently commentators. Renowned poet Soulja Boy once rhetorically asked us (thinking men), "got a question: why they hatin' on me?" He famously followed up with, "if haters want to hate, they'll get shot like a free throw (swoosh)". 

Who is "they"? Who is the "hater"? He isn't a real person. He's an idea. A motivational tool. An imagined enemy. The hater is whoever you want him to be. 

I hate this post. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Gallegos has been terrible the last two times out...FB all the way down to 90-92.

He looked cooked.

3 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Man, I gotta be honest. Watching a team that is simply regular-bad is boring. Either be good or be historically bad.

Ridiculous.