AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!×

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Well, people get to announce that prospects suck after a slow first week, and we never pick on that. Ramos was definitely prepared to be a major leaguer. 

Fair, but I think it's BS when we do that about prospects too.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Let's face it. With Pham, Ramos, Lee as starters let's face it, naysayers like me were wrong. This is now a .460 type team. Should we all declare Getz a budding star? Even the guy I hated on, DeJong, is hitterish right now. Eloy hasn't gotten hurt in a bit and also is not disgusting anymore. Could he be gulp, improving? This Ramos guy suddenly makes our injured third baseman immediately expendable. Get rid of Moncada soon as u can.

If the Sox could dump dead weight Lopez, Maldy and get them out of sight out of mind, mabe we can start showing real progress. And maybe we have good coaching staff. Our pitchers have not been miserable of late. Is somebody actually doing a good job with our starters and pen?

Am I a primma donna or are the Sox suddenly a .460 to .480 team? Love. me some Ramos. Love hitterish guys. 

p.s. The Sox are getting close to being watchable. Will greg buy mlb.com? Not yet baby. I still don't believe.

Well, I think this is closer to what I thought this team would be than the 3-22 guys. While Pham and DeJong are playing a bit over their heads, Benintendi, Vaughn and maybe Lopez are still slumping horribly. I don't think you're wrong. 

• Like 1

Let's face it. With Pham, Ramos, Lee as starters let's face it, naysayers like me were wrong. This is now a .460 type team. Should we all declare Getz a budding star? Even the guy I hated on, DeJong, is hitterish right now. Eloy hasn't gotten hurt in a bit and also is not disgusting anymore. Could he be gulp, improving? This Ramos guy suddenly makes our injured third baseman immediately expendable. Get rid of Moncada soon as u can.

If the Sox could dump dead weight Lopez, Maldy and get them out of sight out of mind, mabe we can start showing real progress. And maybe we have good coaching staff. Our pitchers have not been miserable of late. Is somebody actually doing a good job with our starters and pen?

Am I a primma donna or are the Sox suddenly a .460 to .480 team? Love. me some Ramos. Love hitterish guys. 

p.s. The Sox are getting close to being watchable. Will greg buy mlb.com? Not yet baby. I still don't believe.

The Sox have looked better this week, but this week they are 3-2. So, I won't get too excited.

But it was good for a change to see the opposition make bonehead plays like Tampa. And the team has to start somewhere and the back-to-wins over Tampa and Cleveland is a good place to get going.  And I have never been on the fire Chris Getz bandwagon.  Actually, this team is watchable right now. I just don't know if they will stay that way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Highland said:

The Sox have looked better this week, but this week they are 3-2. So, I won't get too excited.

But it was good for a change to see the opposition make bonehead plays like Tampa. And the team has to start somewhere and the back-to-wins over Tampa and Cleveland is a good place to get going.  And I have never been on the fire Chris Getz bandwagon.  Actually, this team is watchable right now. I just don't know if they will stay that way.

If you are looking for "exciting" you have come to the wrong place.  I think people are hoping for basic respectability.

• Like 3

Greg, you've sold too many houses to buy MLB.com.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Fair, but I think it's BS when we do that about prospects too.

Lol I pretty much gave up telling people it's too early for.... Basically everything everyone talks about in sports.

Predict the Sox record in January, who won a trade of 2 minor leaguers, Sox All Star Rep in April. Most posts now don't really care about small sample sizes. Every one wants instant validation they were right or want players jettisoned right away. Yes people have a right to declare Flexen sucks when he was acquired and for his 1st 3 starts, but you don't DFA guys you acquire who are projects that you acquire specifically because you are a terrible team and trying to find short term tradable upside . You defeat the purpose of the acquisition by DFAing pitching projects. People don't look at the big picture or just don't care. They need to be angry and pound the table that a GM who has barely gotten his feet wet and is just dealing with fringe players now because he has no budget, sucks and all his trades and signings suck . Every hot streak a player might be ok. Every cold streak he should be DFAd.

I just have to keep telling myself welcome to the internet and all the toxicity that message boarding and social media brings where people only communicate in short  angry bursts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Well guys the 7-6 run was nice, but if greg is jumping on board, start selling like Mortimer in Trading Places.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ramos was one of the few prospects we've had where outside publications raved about their makeup. That he has handled this well despite starting so ice cold in AA would make me believe it was true. 

He seems to actually want to succeed at baseball, makes him look like derek jeter in this org.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don’t think they are a .460 team right now, if Robert comes back an stays healthy then maybe but Vaughn and Benintendi need to step it up, who would have predicted that AV would have no homers after 6 weeks of the season.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

naysayers like me were wrong.

I wouldn't even say you were wrong, and I wouldn't claim to be right about anything. I thought some of the thought-processes, coming into the season, were interesting. I wanted to watch baseball things play out, instead of joining in the chorus of people screaming that everybody was garbage, and the only hope for happiness was for an old man to die. 

Should we all declare Getz a budding star? 

I thought he was as competent as anybody coming into that position. I mean, if ditch-diggers and Uber-eats drivers could log on and deign to have an opinion about baseball moves, a guy who's been in a front office for 10 years probably has some idea of what he's doing. No team plays with the same 26 players all 162 games. Rosters are fluid, and I think people screaming and calling every single move "panic" is dumb. I like that Getz seems to be taking chances Hahn would never take. Picking up Grossman, Pham and Clevinger (gag) are good moves. Pulling the plug on Fletcher, Sosa, Cannon and Nastrini are good calls. If they have obvious flaws or tells that could be fixed out of the limelight, so be it. And he's banking more service time without looking like that was the main plan. 

If the Sox could dump dead weight Lopez, Maldy and get them out of sight out of mind, mabe we can start showing real progress.

Somebody suggested that Stassi coming off the IL could be a point where a decision is made on Maldonado. Lee should be starting, at this point. Maldonado should get the 2 day games every week, if that. I thought Lopez could at least be a weak-hitting 2B. Any semblance of power has left him. Dude can't even slap a double down the line. I'd option Shewmake and have Lopez be UT as soon as Mendick is back.  

I guessed 68 wins in ST, so that's a .420 team. That was thinking they'd keep Cease until the TDL, and they might have a pro 3B and CF for more of their games. Would love it if they could play just under .500 until they start trading Pham, Fedde, Flexen, Brebbia, Kopech, Sheets, DeJong and hopefully Clevinger. They might even be better after the trades.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao ditch diggers and Uber drivers. Keep fighting the good fight WestEddy

Didn't somebody just call everyone who disagreed with him Uber eats drivers, recently? 

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lol I pretty much gave up telling people it's too early for.... Basically everything everyone talks about in sports.

Predict the Sox record in January, who won a trade of 2 minor leaguers, Sox All Star Rep in April. Most posts now don't really care about small sample sizes. Every one wants instant validation they were right or want players jettisoned right away. Yes people have a right to declare Flexen sucks when he was acquired and for his 1st 3 starts, but you don't DFA guys you acquire who are projects that you acquire specifically because you are a terrible team and trying to find short term tradable upside . You defeat the purpose of the acquisition by DFAing pitching projects. People don't look at the big picture or just don't care. They need to be angry and pound the table that a GM who has barely gotten his feet wet and is just dealing with fringe players now because he has no budget, sucks and all his trades and signings suck . Every hot streak a player might be ok. Every cold streak he should be DFAd.

I just have to keep telling myself welcome to the internet and all the toxicity that message boarding and social media brings where people only communicate in short  angry bursts.

We have the worst RD in MLB easily and are on pace for 120 losses. We've played like 40 games. The season is almost 1/4 over. If an NFL team was 1-3 and had been blown out in every loss and had the worst differential in the league at the quarter mark nobody would be talking about patience or small sample size.

I'm sorry but this is a terrible team that is playing decent baseball for a week or so there's nothing "big picture" to be that excited about.

Do love that at 10-28 but 4-6 in the last 10 the Getz sunshine blowers are claiming victory. Talk about ironic posts.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don’t think they are a .460 team right now, if Robert comes back an stays healthy then maybe but Vaughn and Benintendi need to step it up, would anyone have predicted that AV would have no homers after 6 weeks of the season.

Looks like Vaughn, Tim Anderson and Javy Baez  have all lost it. Rumor has it that Anderson won't be with  the Marlins too much longer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We have the worst RD in MLB easily and are on pace for 120 losses. We've played like 40 games. The season is almost 1/4 over. If an NFL team was 1-3 and had been blown out in every loss and had the worst differential in the league at the quarter mark nobody would be talking about patience or small sample size.

I'm sorry but this is a terrible team that is playing decent baseball for a week or so there's nothing "big picture" to be that excited about.

Do love that at 10-28 but 4-6 in the last 10 the Getz sunshine blowers are claiming victory. Talk about ironic posts.

The NFL doesn't really have a minor league system where you'd stow a Caleb Williams and a receiver and linebacker that you'd promote after 5 games. I guess "the bench" is their minors. 

I believe 3-22 is a horrible slump, not what that team "actually" was. Maybe it is. 20% of the OD roster has been replaced. 2 positional starters and a rotation starter weren't on this team on OD. If this team plays .420-.450 ball from here on out, that's exciting, to me. If any of a dozen vets play well enough to get traded for anything interesting, that's exciting. If space is created for Monty, Ramos, Fletcher and a couple of starting pitchers to spend 2 months+ in the majors, I find that exciting. 

If they played .420 ball here on out, and won 52 of the remaining games, that would be insanely positive. I doubt, even after the TDL sell-off, they'd go 3-22 for another stretch. 

I'm psyched!!

3 hours ago, Highland said:

Aren’t they 7-6 in their last 13 now? That seems like a healthy enough sample to think of as an actual trend. 

Also, I will happily eat crow on Gavin Sheets if he continues to hit and get on base at this clip…

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Aren’t they 7-6 in their last 13 now? That seems like a healthy enough sample to think of as an actual trend. 

Also, I will happily eat crow on Gavin Sheets if he continues to hit and get on base at this clip…

It's really nice to not be in historically bad mode. I've even watched games - big improvement. Korey Lee, Benintendi, Pham, Ramos all have been providing enough offense.

That said - our run differential hasn't budged that much. Maybe when Robert returns, if vaughn gets talent injections, we can end up in a place where we aren't skin of the teeth. But having stretches of .500 ball isn't really abnormal for bad teams during the course of a season. They just need to prevent another horrific stretch like they had in April.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The NFL doesn't really have a minor league system where you'd stow a Caleb Williams and a receiver and linebacker that you'd promote after 5 games. I guess "the bench" is their minors. 

I believe 3-22 is a horrible slump, not what that team "actually" was. Maybe it is. 20% of the OD roster has been replaced. 2 positional starters and a rotation starter weren't on this team on OD. If this team plays .420-.450 ball from here on out, that's exciting, to me. If any of a dozen vets play well enough to get traded for anything interesting, that's exciting. If space is created for Monty, Ramos, Fletcher and a couple of starting pitchers to spend 2 months+ in the majors, I find that exciting. 

If they played .420 ball here on out, and won 52 of the remaining games, that would be insanely positive. I doubt, even after the TDL sell-off, they'd go 3-22 for another stretch. 

I'm psyched!!

To be honest with you if Fedde, Kopech, Wilson, and Brebbia are all traded and were still trotting out Soroka, Lopez and Maldonado OR cutting bait there and replacing them with young guys that might not quite be ready yet I can definitely see another brutal stretch like that in the second half at some point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's really nice to not be in historically bad mode. I've even watched games - big improvement. Korey Lee, Benintendi, Pham, Ramos all have been providing enough offense.

That said - our run differential hasn't budged that much. Maybe when Robert returns, if vaughn gets talent injections, we can end up in a place where we aren't skin of the teeth. But having stretches of .500 ball isn't really abnormal for bad teams during the course of a season. They just need to prevent another horrific stretch like they had in April.

They also have 7  of their 10 wins against teams who aren’t exactly lighting it up at the moment, and they are done facing the rays who gave them 5 of those wins.  

you wanna be optimistic fine.  I and many people aren’t being negative, we are only reacting to a teams that is currently the worst team in the league.   It’s fine though everything is fine 

• Haha 1