2024 Fishing Thread

Any fishermen or women out there?  I plan on taking my son fishing this Friday.  I used to fish Axehead Lake in Park Ridge, IL when I was younger but now I always get skunked when I go there.  We will probably check out Skokie Lagoons on Friday.  Any good fishing spots that you fishing fans know of?  I do use the FishBrain app already.  ?

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 8:14 AM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Any fishermen or women out there?  I plan on taking my son fishing this Friday.  I used to fish Axehead Lake in Park Ridge, IL when I was younger but now I always get skunked when I go there.  We will probably check out Skokie Lagoons on Friday.  Any good fishing spots that you fishing fans know of?  I do use the FishBrain app already.  ?

Here's a 15.5 inch largemouth

IMG_1162.jpg

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is a really good bass and panfish lake

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loon_Lake_(Lake_County,_Illinois)

Posted (edited)

We had a bunch of fishing poles but my son ended up catching an absolute monster at the Skokie River Dam with his trusty Ronco Pocket Fisherman.  Good thing he’s good at football…

IMG-0704.jpg

IMG-0721.jpg

IMG-0706.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023