What can we dream on for Fedde?

wegner

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Who goes first, Fedde or Kopech?

Might be a package deal to a team needing both a starter and bullpen help.  They would both only be around $5 million for the rest of the season closer to the deadline and then around $10 million for next year.

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

Who goes first, Fedde or Kopech?

Kopech's not really a lock down closer, yet. The FutureSox guys were talking about how teams just love guys with "stuff". And even though he still walks a lot of batters, front offices have the ego to believe they could fix a guy throwing 102. But I don't think a contender would want to make him their closer addition at the deadline if he stays like he is now. They'd want some time to "fix" him. 

I think Fedde only has #3 stuff, tops, and teams might want to wait longer to see if they want to pick up that extra rotation arm. Even though he has good numbers, I think he's a fallback option. And the whole starting pitcher market hasn't even coalesced, yet. 

All that being said, Kopech goes earlier for teams to work with him. Fedde goes later for teams to make sure he's for real, and he's really only a solid fall-back option, not a new staff ace. 

Trade Rumors chat:

Ellis
1:52
What kind of return can Erick Fedde net assuming he's still pitching similarly to how he has been to start the year?

Steve Adams
1:56
Darragh and I talked about this on a recent episode of the podcast. Some recent examples of trades of starters with 1.5 years left include Jose Berrios, Jose Castillo and Tyler Mahle. All of those guys netted one near-MLB-ready top-100 prospect (Austin Martin, Noelvi Marte, Spencer Steer) and some quality secondary pieces.

I don't think Fedde will be quite that much because of the lack of track record, but a muted version of those packages seems reasonable enough. He's one of the more interesting arms out there and I feel like he's already done enough to command one good 50-FV type prospect.
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Trade Rumors chat:

Ellis
1:52
What kind of return can Erick Fedde net assuming he's still pitching similarly to how he has been to start the year?

Steve Adams
1:56
Darragh and I talked about this on a recent episode of the podcast. Some recent examples of trades of starters with 1.5 years left include Jose Berrios, Jose Castillo and Tyler Mahle. All of those guys netted one near-MLB-ready top-100 prospect (Austin Martin, Noelvi Marte, Spencer Steer) and some quality secondary pieces.

I don't think Fedde will be quite that much because of the lack of track record, but a muted version of those packages seems reasonable enough. He's one of the more interesting arms out there and I feel like he's already done enough to command one good 50-FV type prospect.

A near MLB ready top 100 guy gets him out the door for me.  I am sure not willing to see if he can sustain this longer term at the expense of someone would could be here in five years.  I would love for them to find some OF help.

• Like 2