and that's a WHITE SOX RUBBER GAME WINNER!

Posted (edited)

Pitching has been really good lately. Did we get a South Side Staaaaand up today? Seems he's only using it in a more appropriate manor, like when they won their 4th in a row. That win, win, win, win thing he had last night was pretty good.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Baseball truly is a crazy game. The White Sox are just a couple key players from being a contender this season. Too bad it took Getz a month to wake up and Pedro some time to get a clue.

Great victory. I loves me some Pham. Since he got to the clubhouse the team has been playing contender-like baseball, as good as any Central team.

Poor Vaughn is a headcase. I hate babying Crochet. Is it proven that if you suddenly pitch a lot of MLB innings your arm is doomed to surgery? It seems it's doomed to multiple surgeries anyway. He is special. Congrats to him for another great performance. 

The White Sox are not miserable anymore. Interesting how they are playing well at home for the first time in many years. Some contenders will definitely want DeJong and Crochet and Pham at this rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

2 shutouts in a row.. of the opposition no less !

Sox 10-7 the last 17 games.

Pretty soon they may only have twice as many losses as wins ! What a team !

They should grade the season on a curve.....the final exam for the White Sox is a five game series with the Twins....if the Sox win any of the games, they pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I will keep saying this over and over.   This team will not lose 100 games.  Far from it.  No I am not Chris Getz.

Vegas is so good man. I had chance to grab 61.5 for the under during March madness. That was just low enough to where I thought nah, not going to try that one.

As of this moment Fangraphs projects the Sox at 61.5 wins. Obviously it will be over or under that, but this team is probably just horribly bad rather than historically bad. In all honesty if we get Robert back we might play .500 ball for a month or so if he gets on a heater and carries the offense a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vegas is so good man. I had chance to grab 61.5 for the under during March madness. That was just low enough to where I thought nah, not going to try that one.

As of this moment Fangraphs projects the Sox at 61.5 wins. Obviously it will be over or under that, but this team is probably just horribly bad rather than historically bad. In all honesty if we get Robert back we might play .500 ball for a month or so if he gets on a heater and carries the offense a bit.

They are 8-6 this month.  They can play .500 ball.  It's still early.  Anyways, I would have taken the over on the 61.5.  But hey, that's just me. 

I've looked at the roster this year as massive additions just from the subtractions alone.  It ain't a perfect roster by any stretch of the imagination though. 

• Like 1

Just now, soulfly said:

They are 8-6 this month.  They can play .500 ball.  It's still early.  Anyways, I would have taken the over on the 61.5.  But hey, that's just me. 

I've looked at the roster this year as massive additions just from the subtractions alone.  It ain't a perfect roster by any stretch of the imagination though. 

We're still -87 RD with one of the worst offenses in baseball. Pitching wise we've been remarkably healthy. If two starters go down or one starter and one important reliever, we're right back to looking at below 60 imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We're still -87 RD with one of the worst offenses in baseball. Pitching wise we've been remarkably healthy. If two starters go down or one starter and one important reliever, we're right back to looking at below 60 imo.

Yea, I won't disagree with that at all.  Still a few more pieces to go, but I think the offense will start heating up soon though.  Now if they blow it all up and trade off anyone of value at the deadline, under 60 almost certain.  But as is, it's the over.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The trades are going to happen if guys like Fedde and Flexen pitch even decently into June and July.  This team is heading for a cliff just like they did last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soulfly said:

Yea, I won't disagree with that at all.  Still a few more pieces to go, but I think the offense will start heating up soon though.  Now if they blow it all up and trade off anyone of value at the deadline, under 60 almost certain.  But as is, it's the over.

The schedule isn't kind coming up. 18 of the next 29 on the road. I figure they might win 9 of the 29. So I'm predicting a 23-50 record after the game on June 16th.

Maybe Robert ,Jr. comes back for the home games starting on June 17h.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The schedule isn't kind coming up. 18 of the next 29 on the road. I figure they might win 9 of the 29. So I'm predicting a 23-50 record after the game on June 16th.

Maybe Robert ,Jr. comes back for the home games starting on June 17h.

It's June 18th against the Astros when the homestand starts not the 17th.

Didn't edit my post so when I nail both those predictions I won't be accused of cheating ;)

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 3:35 PM, pcq said:

Two shutouts is fairly impressive and Nationally shameful. 

Twins scored one run in three games hosting the Yanks.