I don't expect it to happen, but......

On 5/15/2024 at 1:31 PM, sin city sox fan said:

If the White Sox come back and make the playoffs, Grifol deserves to be named manager of the year and given an extension.

Again, I don't anticipate it happening and anything less deserves him being put out on the streets.   However, I am giving him an out if they can keep winning at a .700 cllip into October.

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We're 20% worse on RD than the next worst (-81) Marlins. Sox are at -103 already. We are on pace for a RD of over -300. I'd assume that would shatter the club record.

1932 Red Sox were -349

• Paper Bag 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

On 5/15/2024 at 4:47 PM, DoUEvenShift said:

@NYY

@TOR

vs. BAL

vs. TOR

Why don't we revisit at end of May

0-3

1-2

0-4

0-3

1-12 including the first time in franchise history going winless on a 7+ game homestand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Bump.

0-3

1-2

0-4

0-3

1-12 including the first time in franchise history going winless on a 7+ game homestand. 

And greg was saying this was a .460 to .480 winning percentage team.  Since then the Sox are 5-14, good for a .263.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And greg was saying this was a .460 to .480 winning percentage team.  Since then the Sox are 5-14, good for a .263.

2-11 since this post was made. Good call. 

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox are farther from getting out of last place than any other AL team is of first place.

Pedro Grifol era? Just flush it.

Unfortunately he is a floater that just won't flush.

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I still don’t expect it to happen BUUUUUUT if the Sox should win the World Series then Grifol should be named King of Earth

No, King of the Universe.

Actually I would just settle for a couple games scoring over 2 runs to be honest..

• Haha 1

I think Grifol is getting closer to turning this around, the spirit of the players seems really strong. He's avoided the double loss.

We have to just keep believing.

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think Grifol is getting closer to turning this around, the spirit of the players seems really strong. He's avoided the double loss.

We have to just keep believing.

“Look man, we can’t lose all of the games, right?” 

-Pedro, probably 

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox are farther from getting out of last place than any other AL team is of first place.

Pedro Grifol era? Just flush it.

Who you crappin, JR

34 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I don’t know what this even means but it’s just hilarious to watch anyway 

A lot of the show is like that. Arrested Development. A bit dated now but still hilarious and has given some of the best pop culture lines ("it's a single banana michael, how much could it cost, 10 dollars?") of the last 20 years from comedy shows.

On 5/31/2024 at 11:52 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

A lot of the show is like that. Arrested Development. A bit dated now but still hilarious and has given some of the best pop culture lines ("it's a single banana michael, how much could it cost, 10 dollars?") of the last 20 years from comedy shows.

Thanks for explaining and not making me type out the explanation in my 4800 dollar suit.

On 5/31/2024 at 10:52 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

It's a GOAT of comedies. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's a GOAT of comedies. 

Some of the jokes (mostly centered around Tobias) wouldn’t be accepted today, but season 3 of that show was the absolute pinnacle of comedy IMO