5/18- Sox at Yankees, 12:05

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

lol some clowns here actually thought the sox were going to make a run at 81 wins. Like they actually said that. First time with baseball? Reality is this is a 100+ loss team, same reality we've had since opening day.

Someone else argued with me that Keller was a good signing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Is Schriffen trying to make enemies?

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Honestly wondering if he feels being this specific about an ump is good for anyone, him or the white sox 

What did he say this time?

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol some clowns here actually thought the sox were going to make a run at 81 wins. Like they actually said that. First time with baseball? Reality is this is a 100+ loss team, same reality we've had since opening day.

All it took was Tommy Pham, Danny Mendick and Bryan Ramos not hitting like the worst team of all time for Greg to go from "horrendous" to "Getz magic"

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

Schriffen calling this ump one of the worst in baseball bumps John up a few notches in my book. I love a guy who is not afraid to call an umpire trash.

Honestly I like it. He doesn't seem to be taking s%*# from people or cowtowing. Lose the south side stand up crap and I may, may get on board. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fathom said:

Keller has no business still being in the majors

I have no idea how we went from Nastrini making the OD roster to getting two starts and then being replaced by Brad fucking Keller.  The saddest part of this season is we haven’t developed a single positional or rotation piece who can be part of the long term future.  It’s going to be a long rebuild with Getz in charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What did he say this time?

He is calling this ump the worst in the league.  And he is probably right but we dealt with Joe Wests dumb ass because he didn’t like Ozzie criticizing him and I would rather not piss off another guy who can affect the outcome 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no idea how we went from Nastrini making the OD roster to getting two starts and then being replaced by Brad fucking Keller.  The saddest part of this season is we haven’t developed a single positional or rotation piece who can be part of the long term future.  It’s going to be a long rebuild with Getz in charge.

Does it seem like there is any rhyme or reason to some of Getz’s decisions / moves?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because Nastrini got sick and lost his velocity 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nastrini had a great first start, a bad second start and then he was gone. It seemed a bit of an overreaction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Does it seem like there is any rhyme or reason to some of Getz’s decisions / moves?

That’s part of my frustration with Getz.  Go look at the old rebuilding Sox in the early years and you at least had some pieces that were going to part of the future.  There are just so many bad vets that won’t command anything in trade on this roster that I don’t get the plan.  And the few youngsters we’ve had have mostly be cast to Charlotte unless they performed well right away.  It definitely feels like Getz had some plan but panicked a bit after the horrific start.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thorpe and Ramos are going to get force fed into the big leagues...

Still, inexplicably, have Sheets in the OF.

That alone is hard to understand.

Interesting that both the regular TV and Radio announcers for the Yankees decided to take the weekend off.  Seems they didn’t think a series with the Sox was important enough.  If that doesn’t show a lack of respect I don’t know what does!

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s part of my frustration with Getz.  Go look at the old rebuilding Sox in the early years and you at least had some pieces that were going to part of the future.  There are just so many bad vets that won’t command anything in trade on this roster that I don’t get the plan.  And the few youngsters we’ve had have mostly be cast to Charlotte unless they performed well right away.  It definitely feels like Getz had some plan but panicked a bit after the horrific start.

What's so hard to understand ? The more projects you get the better the chance to turn a couple into a minor leaguer.

Remember Fedde was the huge expenditure at $15M for 2 years.

You read way too much into things. He didn't panic. He couldn't buy guys in the off season but prices came down once the season started. Was Pham a panic move or a smart move ? Did the addition of Grossman work out ? It did.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What's so hard to understand ? The more projects you get the better the chance to turn a couple into a minor leaguer.

Remember Fedde was the huge expenditure at $15M for 2 years.

You read way too much into things. He didn't panic. He couldn't buy guys in the off season but prices came down once the season started. Was Pham a panic move or a smart move ? Did the addition of Grossman work out ? It did.

Why would he panic? That doesn't make any sense. Everybody knew this team was going to lose 100+. Panic only entered into the equation once all his washed up vets started historically awful and he had to add Pham and Clevinger and whoever else he could find in the dinged and bruised and past expiration date bin.

I give Getz a D+ so far. He could potentially turn that into a C+ or even B- if he makes good moves at the deadline. But so far he's simply treading water on the Hahn era.

• Like 1