5/19 Sox @ Yankees 12:35PM CT

Six hits from the offense; Flexen getting rocked. Yanks enjoying mopping up the White Sox. Should be interesting to see if the Sox start plunging. The addition of Julks should be sparking the team. One through four in the order today was laughable. In today's lineup Vaughn, Remillard, Maldonado don't belong in the bigs. DeJong is back in a slump at .230.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Six hits from the offense; Flexen getting rocked. Yanks enjoying mopping up the White Sox. Should be interesting to see if the Sox start plunging. The addition of Julks should be sparking the team. One through four in the order today was laughable. In today's lineup Vaughn, Remillard, Maldonado don't belong in the bigs. DeJong is back in a slump at .230.

Time to start thinking Wild Card.

Only 10.5 back. /s

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Party is started. I like most of Schriffens limes, but dude they are 14-32.

It's the new normal. Just pretend things are great in all aspects of the world including our fave baseball team. It's laughable to do the 'party is started' line at 18 under .500 like u say.

This team needs to declare a crisis with their offense and stage an intervention. Banjo Getz built one of the worst lineups ever. Time for new blood all around. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember when Flexen was tradeable for about 5 minutes?  ?

Remember Shewmake's first week and the excitement over Getz finding a diamond in the rough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can't say I expected anything different this weekend now that the Sox are playing some very good clubs.

Next two weeks they may win two or three games...total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember when Flexen was tradeable for about 5 minutes?  ?

Actually, I think Flexen pitched rather well. Two of the three hits that scored the 1st two runs were total BS luck hits. 

And the two home runs would have been fly outs in any other parks in the MLB. I don't think Judge's would even make it to the warning track in many MLB parks. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

22 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Actually, I think Flexen pitched rather well. Two of the three hits that scored the 1st two runs were total BS luck hits. 

And the two home runs would have been fly outs in any other parks in the MLB. I don't think Judge's would even make it to the warning track in many MLB parks. 

He pitched well if he were being called up from Kannapolis for a spot start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Baseball Tonight just had a 4-5 minute video collage/promo of all of the exciting young players in baseball, and had you told me on 5/19/19 that 5 years later not one player on the Sox would make that collage I would call you crazy. What a sad, pathetic organization with absolutely no hope in sight

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Baseball Tonight just had a 4-5 minute video collage/promo of all of the exciting young players in baseball, and had you told me on 5/19/19 that 5 years later not one player on the Sox would make that collage I would call you crazy. What a sad, pathetic organization with absolutely no hope in sight

Yep, no hope is the short term. 

Just now, zisk said:

Is the next 3 years really a short term?

Compared to five or 10? Yes it is.

Keep the faith...sooner or later new ownership has to arrive. 

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Remember Shewmake's first week and the excitement over Getz finding a diamond in the rough?

I'll admit I was hopeful when I saw his bio. First round pick, etc. He blew chunks.  Just get him out of the entire organization. He is another bust in a very difficult sport to master.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'll admit I was hopeful when I saw his bio. First round pick, etc. He blew chunks.  Just get him out of the entire organization. He is another bust in a very difficult sport to master.

AAAA filler, at best. With Mendick, Remy, Ramos, Lopez and Sosa on the 40-man, I'd see Shewmake as an easy DFA decision when the next 28-year-old OF comes across the wire. 

• Like 1