5/21 Games

On 5/21/2024 at 8:28 PM, WestEddy said:

He and Colas were supposed to be two huge gets when they happened. I hope the Yankees get his World Series ring size right. 

Eh, not so sure about Colas. I was high on Vera, but I don't think people in the know were TOO high on Colas. It was typical White Sox BS where they blew their international load on an older prospect. He was far from can't miss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Had to double check that that was Ellis' 26th stolen bag, not the team's. 

Can't wait to see it shrink to like, 5, if he makes the majors.

15 hours ago, bmags said:

Marco Paddy sucks

Yeah, he can also go.

Jose Abreu was getting articles of "this dude is an MLB hitter stuck in Cuba" back in 2012. Luis Robert-hype was so unreal that he might have been a 1-1 in the draft.

Tatis happened because he's friends with the family. After that we've got Sosa, Ramos and Colas as the highlights.

I anticipate Chris Getz will keep Paddy around for a while.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Yeah, he can also go.

Jose Abreu was getting articles of "this dude is an MLB hitter stuck in Cuba" back in 2012. Luis Robert-hype was so unreal that he might have been a 1-1 in the draft.

Tatis happened because he's friends with the family. After that we've got Sosa, Ramos and Colas as the highlights.

It's been pointed out that Paddy didn't get the same title as the other "directors". He's not so made. 

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Yeah, he can also go.

Nothing would surprise me but Chris Getz has spoken behind the scenes and publicly about changing their international strategy. I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on. Either way, most players are already committed for 2025, 2026 and 2027. 

5 hours ago, WestEddy said:

It's been pointed out that Paddy didn't get the same title as the other "directors". He's not so made. 

He has the same title as Jim Thome 

8 hours ago, Quin said:

Yeah, he can also go.

I won’t do a full “he’s sucked forever”…but so think he liked the taste of not having to scout classes in 17 / 18 and never looked back. Nobody with ambition joins the white Sox. Just horses looking to stud.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quin said:

Had to double check that that was Ellis' 26th stolen bag, not the team's. 

Can't wait to see it shrink to like, 5, if he makes the majors.

I would be shocked if he hits enough to steal 26 at the major league level. 

14 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nothing would surprise me but Chris Getz has spoken behind the scenes and publicly about changing their international strategy. I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on. Either way, most players are already committed for 2025, 2026 and 2027. 

He has the same title as Jim Thome 

I have never been able to figure out why the international strategy was what it was.  Does Jerry have the aversion to negotiating with 13-14 year olds or does Marco?

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have never been able to figure out why the international strategy was what it was.  Does Jerry have the aversion to negotiating with 13-14 year olds or does Jerry?

I’ve never really gotten a straight answer on this 

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’ve never really gotten a straight answer on this 

I mean we always hear how we were second highest bidder on certain guys, plus that Jerry MIGHT have a problem with bidding on the younger kids.  If that's the case maybe Marco focuses on the older Latin kids who develop late and the Cubans to make up for where he can.

I have no idea where the truth lies, but the fact he is still here probably means he is doing what they want him to, whether it was Hahn, Kenny, or Jerry setting the standards.  I guess we may also glean something if we start going young in the Central American countries after this year.  We have been doing more the last couple of years, but who knows.