ILoy watch

This man is a walking disease…

White Sox manager Pedro Grifol told reporters Thursday that Eloy Jiménez (hamstring) is likely to miss 4-6 weeks.

It sounds like Jiménez is going to miss at least one month, if not longer, due to a left hamstring strain that he suffered earlier this week. The 27-year-old hasn’t gotten going at the dish this season after a strong spring training performance, posting a lackluster .668 OPS with five homers in 146 plate appearances.

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Panicman wants an OF that can't hit, he could at least target one that can run and catch.

I keep reading this as Pacman, and to that I say: Pacman for GM because why the hell not

You have to wonder if PEDs are to blame for these guys constantly being injured. Is it possible they are too big and built up too much muscle for their bodies to handle? They overtrained early on, and now they're paying the price for that? It's honestly insane to me how often they are injured. It is well known that Latin American amateur baseball has a massive PED problem.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Panicman wants an OF that can't hit, he could at least target one that can run and catch.

we already got a guy like that, Duke Ellington or something. 

Why would he even return after 6 weeks? Shut him down for the season. The team is hopelessly out of it. Put him on ice until he redefines his body. This guy has to be one of the most injured players in baseball history. Cubs were smart to get rid of him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Why would he even return after 6 weeks? Shut him down for the season. The team is hopelessly out of it. Put him on ice until he redefines his body. This guy has to be one of the most injured players in baseball history. Cubs were smart to get rid of him.

I wish I were the fly on that wall.  Did we insist on Eloy, or did the Cubs outsmart our GMs and shove him down our throats.

• Like 1

Just now, oldsox said:

I wish I were the fly on that wall.  Did we insist on Eloy, or did the Cubs outsmart our GMs and shove him down our throats.

The story then was that the Eloy part was agreed to early, but the deal got done when the Cubs stepped up with Cease.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The story then was that the Eloy part was agreed to early, but the deal got done when the Cubs stepped up with Cease.

Interesting.  When the deal went down, I was 100 % in favor, so I cant say too much now.

• Like 1

I wonder if Eloy has any supporters left. Do any of you actually want to keep him? Can't believe he's already 27 and this unreliable. Probably a nice guy. Certainly set for life with the huge contract. I wonder if Eloy ever considers changing his body. You'd think some hammy experts would have been able to help/advise him.

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

I can't tell you if the Sox insisted on Iloy or what. But I was told that after the fact and when his injuries started happening on a regular basis Hahn found out the Cubs were basically laughing at him for taking him in the first place and he got royally pissed when he heard about the dissing by them around other baseball people.

Maybe they knew something the Sox didn't pick up on? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if Eloy has any supporters left. Do any of you actually want to keep him? Can't believe he's already 27 and this unreliable. Probably a nice guy. Certainly set for life with the huge contract. I wonder if Eloy ever considers changing his body. You'd think some hammy experts would have been able to help/advise him.

There is absolutely no way the Sox keep him after the season, just can not see it happening. 

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

In ST, I thought there was a chance that Eloy would improve, but not impress enough to be traded to a contender, and the Sox would pick up his relatively cheap option for next season to see if the improvement progressed. At this point, I think he's just fried. He won't be here next year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

Tray.  And he probably still thinks ILoy isn’t injury-prone.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, JoeC said:

Yeah, it’ll feel like most of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024, only with increased payroll flexibility.

For the  most part. Eloy and Moncada gone would have been moves top organizations made years ago because they always have a pipeline built in the minors, and resources to import more talent, and it’s no sweat. Not even a thought. The Sox? Nobody is convinced their scouting and resources are on point, or on a glide path to  lasting change. Ownership has not been committed to seeing to it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out the door Iloy. 

If one wants to try to understand the likelihood of hamstring injury recurrence after  hamstring surgery or hamstring injury I suggest reading RECURRENT HAMSTRING INJURY: CONSIDERATION FOLLOWING OPERATIVE AND NON‐OPERATIVE MANAGEMENT

Knowing that it seems unlikely that Eloy will be ever able to have an extended period of playing time without re-injury and he may have a hard time getting another large contract with any team.  The fact is though that this condition is not his fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2