Sox Quote of the Day 5/23...

“You look at the numbers, I’m the one of unluckiest hitters in the league right now. --Andrew Benintendi.

And in DVS's story Grifol says he's going to keep playing him regardless. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“You look at the numbers, I’m the one of unluckiest hitters in the league right now. --Andrew Benintendi.

This can't be a real quote. Like, there's not a shred of truth to this.

It's true that his BABIP is abnormally low at .213 but he's also not walking anywhere near as much as he used to and he's striking out more, and there's still no power, so part of it is on bad luck but alot of it is on him too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

partially correct, but players have more control over BABIP than is commonly thought. It's not just dumb luck, he's putting balls into play that are easy to field. Weak groundballs and pop-ups are "balls in play" but it's not bad luck when they turn into an out, it's bad hitting. His peripheral stats are better than last year and he shouldn't be quite this bad, so that's true. He also should've kept his overpaid mouth shut, bad luck isn't preventing him from making diving attempts on balls in the outfield.

Edited by nrockway
  • Like 1

For the sake of the discussion let's say you are the unluckiest player this year. Earlier you were the luckiest player in the league with the contract you signed. I believe statistically you've regressed to the mean. 

But maybe, some crazy GM will read that, think your luck is about the change, and we can part as friends. 

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

No dude if I look at the numbers you fricken suck