5/25 Sox vs. Orioles, 1:10 pm

It sure seemed like Leasure was throwing a lot of high breaking balls before his home run pitch, which was a breaking ball right down the middle.

I still think Kopech has good stuff.   I think the organization has misused him.his entire time here and he has never benefited from good managers or coaches.    Watch a good team get him for pennies and he'll prosper in the right setting.

16 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Lots of Os fans at the ballpark today.

They probably were on SoxTalk a few months ago.

1 minute ago, cuban_sammiches said:

There is no baseball related ailment that a 3 game series with the Sox can't fix.

Since this is a 4 game series, anyone on the IL for Baltimore should be injury free by tomorrow evening.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As greg said earlier in predicting 40ish wins there's always some part of our team that will implode on a given day. Today it's relief pitching and hitting. The starting pitching was good. Five hits offensively won't cut it.

So yes we lose 7 or 8 out of every 10. Man Kopech should change the picture on his drivers license to a meatball. Dig in when you face Kopech. Boom. Home run. Nice meatball by Leisure too.

Leisure makes me wish I had to work today.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

At least Fedde might be in play for a trade to the O's.

Throw in Kopech as a BP pitcher to build up Baltimore hitters' confidence.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

As greg said earlier in predicting 40ish wins there's always some part of our team that will implode on a given day. Today it's relief pitching and hitting. The starting pitching was good.

So yes we lost 7 or 8 out of every 10. Man Kopech should change the picture on his drivers license to a meatball. Dig in when you face Kopech. Boom. Home run. Nice meatball by Leisure too.

Leisure makes me wish I had to work today.

You convinced me....I'm gonna go grab a meatball sub at Nonna's

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Since this is a 4 game series, anyone on the IL for Baltimore should be injury free by tomorrow evening.

If we lose all four games of a four-game series again, somebody should be fired. Oops, my bad. Jerry will probably take it out on an usher or somebody. Don't mean for them to get fired. I'd start with Pedro on Sunday and let Oz or Tony take over for a month or two.

5 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I still think Kopech has good stuff.   I think the organization has misused him.his entire time here and he has never benefited from good managers or coaches.    Watch a good team get him for pennies and he'll prosper in the right setting.

Counterpoint: I think Kopech is emotionally fragile, a bad starter and a worse reliever.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cuban_sammiches said:

You convinced me....I'm gonna go grab a meatball sub at Nonna's

Image - Homer drool.jpg - Simpsons Wiki               

• Fire 1

Hill K'd Henderson twice on pitches called balls that were in the zone one low away ( the whole ball easily in the zone) then up and away perfect pitch right on the corner and that was also called a ball.

Then another great pitch Henderson looked at just off the plate low and away called a ball. Any or all of those pitches are called strike by another ump .

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The Sox 7-8-9 has a combined ops lower than Ohtani!

I'm kidding, but it's close

I'm sick of that guy showing off

7th time this year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

Second time Kopech has been directly responsible.

Another day, another loss on their way to 110 or so. 

• Fire 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Sox are 20 out. Remember Jerry owed it to the fans to hire Getz to ensure a quick fix

I know what you are saying but we both know that was total BS on JR's part, he was lying to try to appease the fan base.