5/26/24 Sox vs Orioles vs The Weather 1:10 pm

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Highland said:

In the past two days, the White Sox starters threw 12 1/3 innings and gave up two runs. Yet the Sox lost both games.

Anemic offense and-a few gopher balls particularly by Kopech.  It is pathetic that we have our 1B and the $60M+ OF both hitting below the Mendoza line in an expected positive offensive position, and Maldonado has its own line now at .090.

Edited by hankchifan
Spelling

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

And what about trading ReyLo who now has the 3rd best ERA in MLB, 1.50, as a starter for the Braves.

The whole time I wanted to explain to people that he was Quintana with a lesser perceived value and worth holding onto but I didn't want to sound racist just because they're both hispanic. Well...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

That's cause all areas of the team are substandard so at least one gets u every night. Tonight it's hitting. On nights we score five or more it'll either be bullpen or starting pitching. Getz built a team substandard in all areas except 'maybe' defense. Defense allegedly is OK.

You mean the worst defense in baseball?

• Like 1

That's what really pisses me off about the bullshit they sold us on this season. I love defense and smallball and all the romanticism around it. Instead we're watching clowns that either are living off of reputation or spending too much time in Bridgeport before the games; There's nothing fun about this team.  It was a garbage selling point to begin with but it would be like if they debuted a cool new mascot and it showed up looking like some 4th (guaranteed) rate garbage off of wish or alibaba 

6 hours ago, bobbydanks said:

Instead we're watching clowns that either are living off of reputation or spending too much time in Bridgeport before the games; 

…and people don’t think there’s anything to do in the neighborhood!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hankchifan said:

And what about trading ReyLo who now has the 3rd best ERA in MLB, 1.50, as a starter for the Braves.

He was a free agent after they traded him. Could have signed him in the offseason though.

10 hours ago, hankchifan said:

What about it?  Lopez was a pending free agent, and that trade brought two big prospects for the Sox.  Sure they failed in developing ReyLo, but the trade was 110% the right move.