4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nastrini sucks. Another awful scouting adventure. Like he has nothing. He would be getting lit up in AA. 

getting even Leasure for Fat Lynn is a win. 

Maybe somebody needs to point out to Pedro that Vaughn, Benny and Maldy regularly give him at-bats that are "fucking flat", and he continues to write them onto the lineup card every day. Maybe he can find a surface in the dugout that is "fucking flat", and have those three ride that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Dan Vogelbach has been traded for young bullpen arms on more than one occasion. There is a market for Gavin Sheets. 

Sure, but Getz can't trade with himself. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Writing off Nastrini already seems insane to me, but you do you I guess. 

Right, since the scouting an development for this team has such an awesome track record. 

You can't blame anyone for being pessimistic at this point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Natrini was getting lit up in Charlotte his last few starts. My guess is Getz knows these games are meaningless and there's no reason to start the clock on legit starter prospects that are more worthy. 

I agree. I don't think it is/ was Pedro's call that he's starting these games. Why would you bring up a guy who was bad in AAA. Just filling in starts. What's kind of frustrating is that I think that the Jays, if the Sox started a real pitcher, could beat at home. 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Right, since the scouting an development for this team has such an awesome track record. 

You can't blame anyone for being pessimistic at this point. 

Cease and Giolito developed nicely and Cease was even more frustrating than this.

• Like 1

I don’t mind Nastrini taking his lumps and seeing if we have anything with him. What makes it worse is this team can’t score any damn runs, so every run pitchers give up is magnified.

• Like 2