Rooting against the Sox

13 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Reinsdorf is paying a heavy price for letting Hahn completely destroy his organization as well he should. 

Harold, I know you have some insight to this organization but your statement makes it seems like JR actually cares about winning more then $$$$

• Like 1

My son and I are going to the Sox/Brewers game on Saturday.  I'll wear my Sox stuff and generally root for them, but I won't be necessarily upset if (when) they lose.  However, I did see that Crochet will be pitching, so maybe they'll have a chance.

On a side note, we have front row seats along the left field line, so I think some heckling of Benintendi will be in order.

• Like 1

While I'm not actively rooting against the team as a whole, I'm getting enjoyment out of the hilarity that some of these players (and the GM that assembled them) provide with their incompetence.

• Like 4

I wish I could tell you that I wasn't outright rooting for this organization to lose but I can't.  I was definitely rooting for the no hitter on Sunday and since the horrid start, it's just been hilarious to me to see how embarrassing they can get.  Like TRU said, the odds are the complete embarrassment won't change anything but the 1 percent that it might is more than the 0 percent of them winning a few more games accomplishes anything.  Now that said, I'm obviously still rooting for guys like Crochet and Luis when he comes back but ya, besides that, lets be the best at being embarrassing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I never understood how baseball fans value draft picks like it's the NBA, NFL, NHL. It's by far the hardest sport to scout. 

Well this year, we can't root for the draft pick. And no one has mentioned it being about draft picks.

For me, I've just grown numb and don't care about the results. I want the decision makers at the top to be humiliated with as many losses as possible.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I never understood how baseball fans value draft picks like it's the NBA, NFL, NHL. It's by far the hardest sport to scout. 

When your team has a collection of bad young major leaguers and old crappy veterans and you know your owner will never approve signing top free agents, what else is there to hope for than prospects turning into something?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

When your team has a collection of bad young major leaguers and old crappy veterans and you know your owner will never approve signing top free agents, what else is there to hope for than prospects turning into something?

Everyday starters of playing good baseball, good base running, speed, defense, knowledge of how to play.  The Sox draft players with weaknesses that can't be improved.

Not everyone will be an all star.

Some of the previous choices just aren't well thought out. If it's all about hitting a baseball even the best are only good for that about a third of the time.    You hope some are intelligent and athletic enough to play other positions.

17 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I love the Chicago White Sox baseball team, but I despise the organization that runs it top to bottom. These players wear the uniform, but I can't root for them. This whole culture and work ethic construct is a farce, and we all knew it was, yet they sold it to us as if it was going to work. Pedro is an utter joke, Getz is inept, and JR just doesnt give a f*** beyond counting the dollars coming in. I actively want this version of the White Sox to lose in embarrassing fashion every time out. Until there are more than a one or two interesting players on the roster worth a damn, opposed to the garbage they run out there every day, I want historical lows for the dopes running this thing.

I know nothing changes until JR is gone, but being a laughingstock is everything they deserve.

end thread.

3 hours ago, hogan873 said:

My son and I are going to the Sox/Brewers game on Saturday.  I'll wear my Sox stuff and generally root for them, but I won't be necessarily upset if (when) they lose.  However, I did see that Crochet will be pitching, so maybe they'll have a chance.

On a side note, we have front row seats along the left field line, so I think some heckling of Benintendi will be in order.

That's about where I'm at. There's certain players like Beni, Vaughn, Eloy and Martin that just deserve the hardiest of boos. So of course do JR, Getz and Pedro -- but there are some players like Crochett worth cheering. 

In general, I won't bemoan any wins, but the losses don't affect me at all right now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I think you are right. I kind of miss the guy. But I get it.

I miss his incredibly detailed posts but if Clevinger is the thing that puts you over the top on walking away maybe it's...time to walk away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I miss his incredibly detailed posts but if Clevinger is the thing that puts you over the top on walking away maybe it's...time to walk away.

He will be back after Clevinger is gone I bet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Harold, I know you have some insight to this organization but your statement makes it seems like JR actually cares about winning more then $$$$

What he cares about is that he did it his way. Jerry is delusional enough to believe he knows what he’s doing, and he’s just a victim of circumstance.

• Like 2

I'm cheering for records. I was an active fan for the best team of my generation and damnit, I'm going to be an active fan for the worst team. 

Psychological it's awesome when you are pulling, cheering, praying, hoping, wishing, for your team to do something and they do!!!! Does it really matter if it's a win or loss?

I think we should have a Statue of Liberty night. 

With silent lips. "Give me your injured, your losers,

Your washed up masses yearning for a check,

The wretched refuse of other teams.

Send these, the felons, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my scorecard beside the locker door!"

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm cheering for records. I was an active fan for the best team of my generation and damnit, I'm going to be an active fan for the worst team. 

Psychological it's awesome when you are pulling, cheering, praying, hoping, wishing, for your team to do something and they do!!!! Does it really matter if it's a win or loss?

I think we should have a Statue of Liberty night. 

With silent lips. "Give me your injured, your losers,

Your washed up masses yearning for a check,

The wretched refuse of other teams.

Send these, the felons, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my scorecard beside the locker door!"

We sound like a Browns fans rooting for the perfect season

On 5/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Tnetennba said:

I love the Chicago White Sox baseball team, but I despise the organization that runs it top to bottom. These players wear the uniform, but I can't root for them. This whole culture and work ethic construct is a farce, and we all knew it was, yet they sold it to us as if it was going to work. Pedro is an utter joke, Getz is inept, and JR just doesnt give a f*** beyond counting the dollars coming in. I actively want this version of the White Sox to lose in embarrassing fashion every time out. Until there are more than a one or two interesting players on the roster worth a damn, opposed to the garbage they run out there every day, I want historical lows for the dopes running this thing.

I know nothing changes until JR is gone, but being a laughingstock is everything they deserve.

OK, this hits and I get it, I need to understand something though, because I even question myself. Indulge me...

We love the White Sox, but:

We hate the ownership

We hate the management.

We can't stand the current players because they have poor ethic, talent, and interest.

Any worthwhile players now or in the future will be let go once they become too expensive anyway.

So, what exactly are we fans of?

2 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

OK, this hits and I get it, I need to understand something though, because I even question myself. Indulge me...

We hate the ownership

We hate the management.

We can't stand the current players because they have poor ethic, talent, and interest.

Any worthwhile players now or in the future will be let go once they become too expensive anyway.

We are fans of the relationship between the team and us as a fan since in most cases the Sox have been a big part of our lives. That is hard to just let go of when it has been part of your DNA for decades. 

3 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

We hate the ownership

We hate the management.

Our childhood memories?