5/28 Games

Fun fact from CB on the Barons broadcast: After throwing just 1 shutout all last season, the Barons have already thrown 7 this year.

They had a league leading and franchise record setting ERA last year, but currently the lowest team ERA of any MiLB affiliate.

• Like 1

Adams’ K to BB ratio is absolutely insane.  And he’s the only guy who doesn’t have a Birmingham deflated HR rate as well.  Throw in a high groundball rate and he’s probably been the most impressive of the starters at AA from a pure numbers standpoint.

Does anyone know how his stuff has looked this year?  I’ve always took him as a high pitchability guy with mediocre stuff, but would be great if his repertoire improved some this year.  Just feels like a guy getting slept on quite a bit.

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Adams’ K to BB ratio is absolutely insane.  And he’s the only guy who doesn’t have a Birmingham deflated HR rate as well.  Throw in a high groundball rate and he’s probably been the most impressive of the starters at AA from a pure numbers standpoint.

Does anyone know how his stuff has looked this year?  I’ve always took him as a high pitchability guy with mediocre stuff, but would be great if his repertoire improved some this year.  Just feels like a guy getting slept on quite a bit.

BA is typically good for a June update and I know they’ve been to a bunch of Birmingham games.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

His stuff looks pretty good. I'd call his fastball average velocity, and he has two breaking balls. The key with him appears to be tunneling. Everything is coming out of the same spot and hitters struggle to pick him up. He seems a bit like your classic Cleveland pitcher of the past several years.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2024 at 8:28 AM, Timmy U said:

His stuff looks pretty good. I'd call his fastball average velocity, and he has two breaking balls. The key with him appears to be tunneling. Everything is coming out of the same spot and hitters struggle to pick him up. He seems a bit like your classic Cleveland pitcher of the past several years.

Yeah, my understanding is that the Guards take command over velocity, and try to build up the velocity (given one or the other).