FutureSox: White Sox 5 Round Draft Projection

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know Grant Taylor had high first round potential if he had been healthy and pitched like was hoped.

Yes Pallette and Taylor were the two I was thinking about.

34 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

There have not been the same high-profile TJS this year as in the past two years, but there has been a lot of underperformance from guys like Ben Hess, Josh Hartle, and Jonathan Santucci. I could see the Sox going after someone from that demo. Personally, I would HS pitching with that second pick. It's a deep demo in this draft and I trust our pitching development.

48 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I don't remember the same level of hype for Pallette, but I do believe there was a good first round grade on him pre-TJS.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't remember the same level of hype for Pallette, but I do believe there was a good first round grade on him pre-TJS.

I think Pallette had more draft hype than Taylor, but his stuff never bounced back. A lot of the Taylor hype started in minor league spring training.

4 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

James, the last two years we have taken injured pitchers who were " first round talent if not hurt " in the second.  Since we have an extra pick this year, is there anyone out there that might fit that profile?

I’m sure it’s a possibility but they really need bats. Obviously can’t ever have enough pitching but with the restructure of the minors, Sox just don’t have innings for many more pitchers. 

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m sure it’s a possibility but they really need bats. Obviously can’t ever have enough pitching but with the restructure of the minors, Sox just don’t have innings for many more pitchers. 

That was something I hadn't thought of.  Interesting.

42 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They need to take the best talent available regardless if its a bat or an arm. If it happens to be bats, great. I would hope they wouldn't pass on a highly ranked arm to take a bat that they have ranked lower on their board.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, T R U said:

They need to take the best talent available regardless if its a bat or an arm. If it happens to be bats, great. I would hope they wouldn't pass on a highly ranked arm to take a bat that they have ranked lower on their board.

This always sounds good in theory but the job is to get the most talent possible within the parameters of the total bonus pool. It’s not always as easy as taking the best guy. 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This always sounds good in theory but the job is to get the most talent possible within the parameters of the total bonus pool. It’s not always as easy as taking the best guy. 

Not to mention "the best guy" is 100% subjective and very rarely that clear.