Sean Burke to make Knights debut this week.

Which is great. I think Davis Martin and Burke could be operative parts of this rotation in 24-25. 

https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/status/1795500670579048881

Sounds like 2021 third rounder Sean Burke will make his @KnightsBaseball season debut later this week as well after striking out 11 in Arizona this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been low man on Burke for quite awhile. When he was first hurt, he was a top prospect for them Now he has been passed by like ten guys, including the entire 6 man rotation in AA. If he is going to be a part of any future Sox rotation, he has to start performing almost immediately. He’s an up and down guy for me, probably a reliever.

• Like 1

They really pushed Burke hard through the system.  He was pretty bad in a limited sample at AA, and worse at AAA, though injury could have been part of it in Charlotte.  Hopefully they let him have some success for a while.

• Like 1

He's on life support. A minor injury or 3 bad starts away from release. He's a big strong guy with bad ligaments.

I'm usually not harsh about these things, but he's never done anything worth mentioning. I hope it works out for

him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zisk said:

He's on life support. A minor injury or 3 bad starts away from release. He's a big strong guy with bad ligaments.

I'm usually not harsh about these things, but he's never done anything worth mentioning. I hope it works out for

him.

This isn’t true at all. He could convert to relief and his stuff would be incredible in that role if he can’t start 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This isn’t true at all. He could convert to relief and his stuff would be incredible in that role if he can’t start 

It looks like he walks the world as a starter.  Perhaps they should make this move sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Plus he isn't Latin enough to be released that quickly. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Plus he isn't Latin enough to be released that quickly. 

What's your point here?  Comedy, politics, social justice?

• Like 1

Sox have ton of potential RH bullpen options: Berroa, Adisyn Coffey, Adler, Cousin, Hoopii-Tuionetoa, Burke, I think Pallette is a reliever -- If someone gave you a decent offer, would you trade Leasure? I would certainly consider it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sox have ton of potential RH bullpen options: Berroa, Adisyn Coffey, Adler, Cousin, Hoopii-Tuionetoa, Burke, I think Pallette is a reliever -- If someone gave you a decent offer, would you trade Leasure? I would certainly consider it.

Before dealing Leaure, I'd want to place him in the closer role for a year or two to really let his value 'potentially' soar.  

• Thanks 1