Clevinger to IL, Woodford coming up, Peralta DFA Part II

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Clevinger to IL, Wofford coming up, 40 man move pending
Posted (edited)
Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is hindsight I admit, but was it really worth $3 million to sign this guy and piss a bunch of Sox fans off?

Not really hindsight as a lot of fans did not want him.

No probably not worth it but signing him moved the needle in neither direction.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just mean hindsight due to his poor performance and this new injury.

Even if you want to call his performance "hindsight" it isn't to hindsight to say that no one wanted him at the deadline last year, nor did they all winter long.  It was a stupid move that wasn't worth the upside.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even if you want to call his performance "hindsight" it isn't to hindsight to say that no one wanted him at the deadline last year, nor did they all winter long.  It was a stupid move that wasn't worth the upside.

I thought he would pitch better than he has, although he did miss all of spring training.  Not as well as last year but better than he has this year.  I was hoping to see him pitch well so we would finally have the unquestionable answer on why no one traded for him last year, since no one could blame his contract this year.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

10 minutes ago, T R U said:

I see we are going into yet another game with Andrew Vaughn batting 4th and Benintendi batting 5th.

While admittedly terrible, Lopez in the 2-hole is just as bad and may be worse cuz it proves Pedro has no clue about what sort of hitter should bat 2nd.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can't wait to see what team gets Sosa or Colas cause the Sox needed Clevinger and Wofford

I wouldn’t be surprised but with Ramos back they should just DFA Remillard for the third time this year, lol.  Only the Sox want him.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

So long, Sammy Peralta.

Peralta it is.  Not sure why they wouldn’t just dump Remillard.  He has been successfully DFA and outrighted to Charlotte twice this year already.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Peralta it is.  Not sure why they wouldn’t just dump Remillard.  He has been successfully DFA and outrighted to Charlotte twice this year already.

Oh, his time will come. Sox are set to trade or DFA about half of the 40 man by September. They may break the all time record for most guys on the 26 man roster.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Clevinger to IL, Wofford coming up, Peralta DFA Part II
18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought he would pitch better than he has, although he did miss all of spring training.  Not as well as last year but better than he has this year.  I was hoping to see him pitch well so we would finally have the unquestionable answer on why no one traded for him last year, since no one could blame his contract this year.

If the Sox were looking for a pitcher they could flip with value, they should have signed someone of value.

• Like 2

Seems pretty obvious to me they signed Clevinger to try and salvage an atrocious start. He was available to all other teams for little commitment and no one wanted him.

27 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

While admittedly terrible, Lopez in the 2-hole is just as bad and may be worse cuz it proves Pedro has no clue about what sort of hitter should bat 2nd.

These guys can only dream of a .600 OPS. 

• Paper Bag 2

32 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Was going to bat Nellie Fox second but he’s not on the roster.