5-28, Toronto @ Sox 640CDT

That game was one of the worst of the season for Chicago. Sox were never in the game against a mediocre team and it was boring according to the box score.

If Nicky keeps hitting I may have to take back all my negative comments. The numbers don't lie and he's at .250 BA. Still don't like him being on the team though.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That game was one of the worst of the season for Chicago. Sox were never in the game against a mediocre team and it was boring according to the box score.

If Nicky keeps hitting I may have to take back all my negative comments. The numbers don't lie and he's at .250 BA. Still don't like him being on the team though.

He’s at .243 with a .586 OPS.  That’s awful.  He goes on these little hot streaks for a few games and then goes back to forgetting how to hit.  I really wouldn’t take back your negative comments about Lopez anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It's about as empty as TA at .250.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sox will try to avoid being swept for the 9th time of the season tonight. Last year, they were swept 8 times and lost 101 games. This year it didn't even take to Memorial Day to get to 8.

Can't waste a year.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Every team I follow needs a new coach/manager but the Dolphins/Chiefs.  Jury is still out on SD, but Arraez and Profar have saved them so far.   

Sox 

Indiana Fever

Iowa men’s BB and FB

Hope Grifol at leaves gives Ramos a chance, but he defers to vets when rookies are struggling almost every times.

57 minutes ago, zisk said:

No it's not. Nick uses his glove to help.

But the wet newspaper he slowly swings cancels out most of his defensive value.  He’s a mediocre bench player on any other MLB team.  But of course he’s a starter on the terribly managed Sox earning $4.3 million.

4 hours ago, zisk said:

No it's not. Nick uses his glove to help.

That's a pretty low bar considering he's going to end up remembered as a starter on one of the very worst teams in the history of the sport.

11 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s at .243 with a .586 OPS.  That’s awful.

IF that is awful what is a .197 BA with a .567 OPS from a starting position player that is a liability in the field and on the bases?

Nicky, like Remillard and Mendick, is a nice asset as a back-up infielder. He isn't part of the problem this season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, tray said:

IF that is awful what is a .197 BA with a .567 OPS from a starting position player that is a liability in the field and on the bases?

Nicky, like Remillard and Mendick, is a nice asset as a back-up infielder. He isn't part of the problem this season.

But Lopez is our starting 2B, so he IS a part of the problem due to his .586 OPS whether the can play the field or not.  Awful like a starting 1B with a .567 OPS or a DH with a .669 OPS that can never stay healthy.  They are all liabilities, either in the batter’s box, on the field, or both.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Nicky has turned his WAR positive as a result of his ten game heater. So he's got that going for him. Actually surprised his OPS is still that low given he's been mashing. Good God what a horrid start.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nicky has turned his WAR positive as a result of his ten game heater. So he's got that going for him. Actually surprised his OPS is still that low given he's been mashing. Good God what a horrid start.

I think whatever little power he has is creeping back. A few more singles shooting further out so they can be stretched into doubles, and he's firmly above "replacement" territory. 

If Benintendi must play in hopes he pulls out of this slump, why not DH him so he stops hurting us in the field? Rotate Sheets/Vaughn and Benny through the DH/1B slots, and Julks should start about 100 of the remaining 106 games. 

Oh, and I was having a problem displaying Twitter links. I changed the link address to Twitter, but I also went into the source button, top left, and erased an "a href" tag, and it's </a> closing tag the link was nested in.