5/29 Games

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s really bad unfortunately.  And I’m not even worried about Montgomery & Quero…just not a ton after them.

This is why we won't be good for a very long time.

• Like 1

Thorpe command hasn't been particularly good today, but his stuff is deceivingly good. You watch some of the swings and he totally fools hitters. If his command continues to progress he's going to have a very successful big league career. I almost feel you have to move him up to challenge him a bit because even with his command being a bit wild today it doesn't look like he's truly being challenged.

1 hour ago, mac9001 said:

Thorpe command hasn't been particularly good today, but his stuff is deceivingly good. You watch some of the swings and he totally fools hitters. If his command continues to progress he's going to have a very successful big league career. I almost feel you have to move him up to challenge him a bit because even with his command being a bit wild today it doesn't look like he's truly being challenged.

How did you come to this conclusion? He avg 14.5 pitches per inning and only walked 2. 

3 hours ago, mac9001 said:

I legitimately think his change is one of the better pitches you'll ever see. When a rh that throws 92 can make good hitters look that bad, it's pretty special.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is why we won't be good for a very long time.

It’s such a bummer because good ownership is such a wild card. Kansas City’s rebuild was so DOA. They did the same “what if …all pitching”?

But with just one real dude, some veteran surprise, and dominant pitching, here they are.

But it’s because being smart on the margins matters, and god is our org the most wasteful, idiotic team on the margins.

It’s so funny to me that even in our complete tank years of 2017-19 we were running higher team salaries than the Rays and As.

If you can’t do more with less, you definitely can’t do more with more.

• Like 1

But my other side of this is if Colson hits, brooks is a Michael Massey level guy, and we keep Robert…

this pitching coming up looks good. 

As much as I hate this org, we have once again still hovered above the Rockies.

We have a shot if we can be lucky on pitcher injuries and need Colson to hit.