5/29 Sox Vs. Jays 6:40PM CT

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

What did he say?

paraphrasing but again he goes with "the media" and "there's been a lot of talk about Pedro's harsh words" and then he goes onto how pedro is doing everything he can like varying the lineups, manufacturing runs (wut) and is trying REALLY HARD. STFU!

John is a fucking moron. He has no fucking clue what he's watching. Doesn't even know who is running at 3rd. I'm sorry the guy is in over his head and absolutely clueless about everything regarding baseball, Sox fans, and what it means to be a good play by play guy night in and night out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

John is a fucking moron. He has no fucking clue what he's watching. Doesn't even know who is running at 3rd. I'm sorry the guy is in over his head and absolutely clueless about everything regarding baseball, Sox fans, and what it means to be a good play by play guy night in and night out.

He seems to be one of these "new generation" social media guys who is hyper-concerned about internet views/likes/comments and making a name for himself.  Like if Dave Portnoy was a broadcaster, the equivalent of that.

Benetti at least had the obvious talent, especially in basketball and college football.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He could at least stop acting like we're just about to turn the corner. Don't praise Sox fans and how smart and passionate they are and then blow smoke up their ass

• Thanks 1

Every game they fall two runs down. Then it's four- five down, Sox get a run or two and it's game over. Repeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He seems to be one of these "new generation" social media guys who is hyper-concerned about internet views/likes/comments and making a name for himself.  Like if Dave Portnoy was a broadcaster, the equivalent of that.

Benetti at least had the obvious talent, especially in basketball and college football.

I don't see that honestly. I see a guy that is just completely in over his head and whose paycheck depends on polishing a turd. Bad combo to listen to 150 odd nights a year.

• Like 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

He could at least stop acting like we're just about to turn the corner. Don't praise Sox fans and how smart and passionate they are and then blow smoke up their ass

Bingo. What he just said about Vaughn and Beni was more nonsense and smoke blowing. Dude is carrying more water than lake Michigan.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Eh, not aware that he's a garbage person like Portnoy. He might even be a better fit somewhere else. He's not a fit for this garbage heap. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s truly amazing that Pedro hasn’t been fired.  This organization is in horrible shape.

If it's not him or Skip Schumaker managing next year, I wonder if they fire him around the break and bring Santos up to Chicago and let him learn under Montoyo on the job. It doesn't make a lot of sense but neither does this organization

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s truly amazing that Pedro hasn’t been fired.  This organization is in horrible shape.

Bill Veeck would  have a Fire Pedro night.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Looks like about 5k showed up to watch this horse s%*#.

I don't think they've given an official announced attendance under 10,000 all season, seems to be a point of pride even though they're something like 27th in attendance right now.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't see that honestly. I see a guy that is just completely in over his head and whose paycheck depends on polishing a turd. Bad combo to listen to 150 odd nights a year.

So basically just a "PR" guy, rah rah type like everyone was concerned with Connor McKnight...just more of a national profile on his CV.