5/29 Sox Vs. Jays 6:40PM CT

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He did a great job putting Lee at DH on a team that has 3 too many and a catcher with an OPS of 295. Assclown Pedro.

Lee as DH last September would have been inconceivable.

Official/announced 11,599 attendance.

Quin?  Where's the we got our asses kicked (AGAIN) tonight/today Grifol picture???

Edited by caulfield12

I predict by the All-Star break this team will be 40 games under .500.

Right now 27 under and counting.

Hope they roll over and die to the Brewers at least that would screw over the Cubs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I predict by the All-Star break this team will be 40 games under .500.

Right now 27 under and counting.

Hope they roll over and die to the Brewers at least that would screw over the Cubs. 

Nobody has to predict anything. The Sox are going to lose 115-120 games. It’s a s%*# show. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not only should Pedro be gone, but Getz might as well be also

They should but they won't be...unfortunately at least not yet. 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He gets less than a year to turn around a 101 loss team.  Tough gig. 

The whole regime needed to be gone.  He was part of the problem IMO, not part of a solution.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He gets less than a year to turn around a 101 loss team.  Tough gig. 

Getz’s offseason was garbage and he managed to make an awful team even worse.

He also gave away two pitching prospects and an infield prospect for essentially nothing (Fletcher and cash).

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pedro is now left with these postgame comments to DVS of the Sun-Times:

“We have to continue to grind, continue to work. There is no magic wand here. No magic remedy.”

?

12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He gets less than a year to turn around a 106 loss team.  Tough gig. 

Unless you're the Royals starting out with Witt, Singer, Perez, Pasquantino, Ragans, etc.

And plenty of money and a willingness to spend it in FA (Lugo in particular has been Top 3 Cy Young).

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

The whole regime needed to be gone.  He was part of the problem IMO, not part of a solution.

I mean am I supposed to be impressed at being able to add 20 more losses to a hundred loss team?  Granted it is impressive,  but not in the ways that get you extended. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was another really bad loss. What'd we get four hits this time? What the heck is goin on? The spark the Sox had during the 8-6 run has worn off. Looks like our lineup is totally anemic like it was pre-Pham, Ramos and Mendick. Jays are yet another team to save their season by mopping up on the Sox. Last two losses suggest the team has already thrown in the towel. Can u imagine the Sox clubhouse the last 2 seasons? Must be funeral-like in there. Absolutely no hope when the team shows up,

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Official/announced 11,599 attendance.

How much you wanna bet there were fewer than 2,000 fans there tonight. I'd bet the house there were just over 1000 fans there. Geez.

Posted (edited)

Grifol is a horrible manager but it doesn’t matter because this is one of the worst baseball teams I have ever seen, a roster made up of AAA players, castoffs and losers, no manager could win with these bums. What’s hilarious is that Getz thought that this team could compete.
They are without a doubt going to have a hard time besting the 40-120 record of the 1962 Mets.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, greg775 said:

This was another really bad loss. What'd we get four hits this time? What the heck is goin on? The spark the Sox had during the 8-6 run has worn off. Looks like our lineup is totally anemic like it was pre-Pham, Ramos and Mendick. Jays are yet another team to save their season by mopping up on the Sox. Last two losses suggest the team has already thrown in the towel. Can u imagine the Sox clubhouse the last 2 seasons? Must be funeral-like in there. Absolutely no hope when the team shows up,

Maybe these clowns should look at themselves in the mirror, especially guys like Vaughn, Benintendi and ILOY.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Grifol is a horrible manager but it doesn’t matter because this is one of the worst baseball teams I have ever seen, a roster made up of AAA players, castoffs and losers, no manager could win with these bums. What’s hilarious is that Getz thought that this team could compete.
They are without a doubt going to have a hard time besting the 40-120 record of the 1962 Mets.

Meh, he lost 100 games last year with a completely different roster. Pedro should not be an MLB manager. Its not like hes constantly making the right calls but players just fail. Hes constantly making head scratching decisions.

Every time I see the lineup come out and we got Vaughn and Benintendi in the 2-5 holes, its like wtf are you doing man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pcq said:

Schriff may suck but we got rid of that other wipe. Hiring Guy Smiley who's never heard of the Sox does not surprise me. Could have a future on What's My Line?

John Daly, Bennett Cerf, Dorothy Kilgallon.