Ramos optioned to AAA, corresponding move before Friday's game

I actually like giving him his (final?) shot. Sosa and Ramos have similar pedigrees. The difference between the two is largely that Ramos controls the zone better, while Sosa has had more minor league success. I am not optimistic that Sosa's gonna break out. It feels like he adjusted his swing too well to Charlotte and now hits a lot of  medium fly balls to RCF that would be out in Charlotte. But he is on the 40 man, and they have a looming decision to make with him as those 40 man slots may become important as the Sox try to bring up a lot of guys from Birmingham.

• Like 1

No issues with giving Sosa another shot but find it very odd to option Ramos that quickly after he seemed to be finding his footing pre injury.  Oh well, Sox going to do whatever they do.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

No issues with giving Sosa another shot but find it very odd to option Ramos that quickly after he seemed to be finding his footing pre injury.  Oh well, Sox going to do whatever they do.

It's not though.  We have been lurching from player to player all season long trying to catch lightning in a bottle without any real consideration of long term gains and problems created by this instability.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the rel play here is to get Sosa enough frequent flier miles to cover the rest of his travel expenses for the year.

Hey, I love when work sends me somewhere just for this reason.  Have AMEX, will travel.

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I don't hate it. Lenyn Sosa deserves the shot. I've gone back and forth between considering him to be a legit prospect to depth. 

Just run him out the rest of the year. If he continues sucking at the MLB level, he can become 40-man roster fat to trim in the offseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hey, I love when work sends me somewhere just for this reason.  Have AMEX, will travel.

Choice Hotels is a favorite for my business travel. And I'm usually booking four rooms at a time. The free nights hit quickly. 

Just now, Texsox said:

Choice Hotels is a favorite for my business travel. And I'm usually booking four rooms at a time. The free nights hit quickly. 

On my own dime I am an IHG guy.  Otherwise, more of a Hyatt kind of guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's not though.  We have been lurching from player to player all season long trying to catch lightning in a bottle without any real consideration of long term gains and problems created by this instability.

Mandink and Marmalade are not the answers. 

Sosa will get 4-6 weeks at most if this losing continues and he's putting up sub 600 ops numbers again.

He doesn't provide plus defense or speed either.  Totally dependent on his hit tool...which is usually the kiss of death for Sox position prospects.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sosa will get 4-6 weeks at most if this losing continues and he's putting up sub 600 ops numbers again.

He doesn't provide plus defense or speed either.  Totally dependent on his hit tool...which is usually the kiss of death for Sox position prospects.

*days

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

We could use mediocre.  It would be way better than the god fucking awful that the rest of this team is.

Just don’t ever see this guy panning out, numerous chances and just horrid!

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I had no idea you had a job.

• Fire 1