The Death March Moves to Milwaukee: 5/31 Sox @ Brew Crew 7:10 CDT

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

The Pham signing is completely negated in the losing of Pillar, who has gone nuclear in Anaheim AND plays defense.

The Angels aren't going anywhere either.

In the end, Pham's the more valuable player to a playoff contender.

White Sox just never seem to have guys like Perkins who hang around the minors for 700 games before making a meaningful impact.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

104 games to go.

It's going to be a long summer, folks. 

I said I was going to put a lot of the games on regardless but I might be reconsidering. The reality of having perhaps the worst team of all time on a nightly basis has hit hard. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Angels aren't going anywhere either.

In the end, Pham's the more valuable player to a playoff contender.

White Sox just never seem to have guys like Perkins who hang around the minors for 700 games before making a meaningful impact.

Uhhhhhhhh

.294/.344/.772 with bad defense is worth more to contenders than .345/.396/1.028 with good defense?

Sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

8sezqo.jpg

If it's one I've learned as a Sox fan, the team has never hit rock bottom. There's always potential for worse. There isn't even a bottom for rocks to be at, it's just an endless abyss of suck.

• Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

104 games to go.

Actually it isn't, I've really stopped paying a lot of attention...just tune in occasionally, check box scores, read the newspapers.

It's actually a little refreshing for wont of a better word not to agonize over every game especially in a pennant race.

This season was over after three weeks, no pressure now, just relax and laugh at the incompetence.

On another note...

The is the 8th game this year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later and lost.

Brebbia's ERA is now almost eight, another waste of millions of dollars on flotsam and jetsem that passes for a major league player by the Sox organization.

Nine in a row now and 15 of 18. ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

104 games to go.

Just start televising the AA games instead of this trash.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Quin said:

Uhhhhhhhh

.294/.344/.772 with bad defense is worth more to contenders than .345/.396/1.028 with good defense?

Sure.

Have you looked at Pillar's track record the last five years?

This was like Bryan Ramos in RoY consideration his first week in the big leagues.

Pham was in the NLCS and WS the last two years.

Proven offensive track record.

You're crazy if you think Pillar can sustain this level of play for 6-8 more weeks.

It's a Yermin 15 minutes of fame...like Trade Thompson at the beginning of last season.

Edited by caulfield12

42 minutes ago, Quin said:

Uhhhhhhhh

Sure.

Tell me you believe Pillar will have that same batting line in 7 weeks. 

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Have you looked at Pillar's track record the last five years?

This was like Bryan Ramos in RoY consideration his first week in the big leagues.

Pham was in the NLCS and WS the last two years.

Proven offensive track record.

You're crazy if you think Pillar can sustain this level of play for 6-8 more weeks.

It's a Yermin 15 minutes of fame...like Trade Thompson at the beginning of last season.

Have you looked at Tommy Phams track record the last 5 years?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Shoutout to all of you who have watched this team the whole year. Think I checked out way back in April after like 3 games. 

I’ve watched about 4 innings this season, legit. Given I’ve been on this site for 20 years (wtf) I’ll never stop following the team, but I can’t wrap my head around actually watching. Way too many other things to enjoy than a group of players on a road to nowhere 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Have you looked at Tommy Phams track record the last 5 years?

He's certainly had regular starting or platoon jobs on a regular basis compared to Pillar vast as primarily a defensive replacement and PR.

Yeah, obviously Pillar isn't going to keep hitting like Mike Trout. But Tommy Pham is probably gonna turn back into Tommy Pham.

And so far, one of the two is a good defensive outfielder and can apparently have drastic mid season turnarounds due to coaching.