June 1 game thread Sox @Milwaukee 3:10 first pitch

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He has a strategy?  News to me. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

@WhiteSox2023I believe called it that. I think at a minimum JR has some behavior and reaction patterns, most of them bad. 

Yep, a strategy of suck.  A strategy employed to deceive and appease Sox fans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

That new ownership you refer to might be his stupid child who's fucking everything up with the Bulls. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Based on everything I've been told including (rare) statements from JR himself when he has spoken about it publicly, his message to the family has been when he is gone, "Keep the Bulls, sell the Sox."

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

How many times have we fallen for that same play? Anybody would be better than TLR. 

This from Paul Sullivan's column today, TLR will have a say in the next Sox manager:

Manager Pedro Grifol might make it through the rest of the season in spite of the White Sox’s pitiful record because no one can fix this team. But Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf eventually will be forced to make a change, if only to persuade Sox fans to come back to the ballpark.

Miami Marlins manager Skip Schumaker, who was mentored by former Sox manager and current adviser Tony La Russa, is someone to keep an eye on. Schumaker’s 2025 option was voided over the winter at his request, according to the Miami Herald, making him a free agent after this season.

Schumaker took the Marlins to the postseason in 2023 and was named National League Manager of the Year. But they forced out general manager Kim Ng and didn’t add much in the offseason before starting off slow and dealing star infielder Luis Arráez to the San Diego Padres last month to start the inevitable sell-off.

Like free-agent manager Craig Counsell last November, Schumaker will be highly coveted. And to paraphrase an infamous remark Reinsdorf uttered to sports writer Toni Ginnetti after the “White Flag Trade” of 1997, anyone who thinks La Russa won’t have a big say in choosing the next Sox manager is crazy.

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

to paraphrase an infamous remark Reinsdorf uttered to sports writer Toni Ginnetti after the “White Flag Trade” of 1997, anyone who thinks La Russa won’t have a big say in choosing the next Sox manager is crazy.

Which isn't a bad thing. In fact, I think it's a great thing. 

I'm assuming you would do what I would do if Tony recommended someone, immediately remove them from my list of candidates. Having a say isn't necessarily bad, it's what anyone does with that information that is potentially bad. 

10 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Which isn't a bad thing. In fact, I think it's a great thing. 

I'm assuming you would do what I would do if Tony recommended someone, immediately remove them from my list of candidates. Having a say isn't necessarily bad, it's what anyone does with that information that is potentially bad. 

You know though how highly JR still feels about TLR and his opinions and ultimately JR has final say on the managerial hire. 

19 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You know though how highly JR still feels about TLR and his opinions and ultimately JR has final say on the managerial hire. 

That's the scary part. Even when he makes the right decision in moving on from someone the replacement is never an improvement.