June 2nd Chicago White Sox @ Milwaukee Brewers GDT

4 minutes ago, Highland said:

The bottom line on that 8th was that the Sox should have taken control of the game with a rally. Instead, they ran themselves out of the inning and came up empty. Pham looks tough - but the Sox lose - again. The Brewers looked like whatever and they won - again.

Looked like one of the most resilient organizations in baseball, losing a GM and top manager and Burnes/Woodruff and not even flinching despite Chourios being at a sub 600 ops.

• Like 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Pham should beat the s%*# out of his teammates and coaches. Accomplishes way more than fighting the other team.

Maybe he can join the WNBA as an enforcer for Caitlin Clark... 

Posted (edited)

Imagine being a Cubsessed Sox fan who still worries about Javy Baez being on the Tigers.  As a Sox fan, you should be happy the Tigers signed Baez to a bloated contract considering he has absolutely sucked ever since he signed his name to that deal.  He is DFA material but he makes too much money to cut just like Benintendi.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Pham should beat the s%*# out of his teammates and coaches. Accomplishes way more than fighting the other team.

He tried, but Schriffen and the campfire milkshake started yelling "WE AIN'T TAKING THAT," so Tommy had to look outward.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Quin said:

He tried, but Schriffen and the campfire milkshake started yelling "WE AIN'T TAKING THAT," so Tommy had to look outward.

Yeah, that call was cringeworthy.

That’s what I would expect out of a high school kid on a student webcast.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, that call was cringeworthy.

That’s what I would expect out of a high school kid on a student webcast.

Schriffen tomorrow: It was directed at Shane Riordan.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

They've won 76 games under him?? That # seems kinda high.

They won 61 last season. It just feels like forever ago. They’re just getting g a head start on 100 this year. 

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Brewers didn't even care.

Exactly. Couldn’t care less. Made the right play, kept the lead, got right back to scoring and winning. Like shooing away gnats. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Boomer? LOL. 

This Sox team needs to get angry. If it takes a couple of bench clearing brawls to focus them on the matter at hand, so be it. 

yeah, a few temper tantrums and they'll be right back on track

• Like 1

I actually didn’t mind Pham’s reaction. He’s an intense dude, it’s heat of the moment, whatever.

But Schriffen’s call felt like some sort of staged pro wrestling announcer outrage thing.

I have no idea what slam ball is, but that’s what I imagine 80% of slam ball calls to be like.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Yes. Boomer. A bench clearing brawl will accomplish nothing. Know why? Because these guys FUCKING SUCK AT BASEBALL. They don't need to be tougher. They dont need to try harder. They need to be better at baseball. Which, they can't do.

Another joke post. 

Are you a major league coach or something? That's some deep analysis. LMFAO!!

The funnier part is the dudes who write the "fighting doesn't solve anything" peace and love posts, but finish it off with a bunch of petulant name calling. 

Edited by WestEddy

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Besides the fact that this team sucks at baseball, they probably suck at fighting as well and would get their asses embarrassed in a brawl as well.  ?

Would end up being Anderson vs. Ramirez x 26

37 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Exactly. Couldn’t care less. Made the right play, kept the lead, got right back to scoring and winning. Like shooing away gnats. 

DeadwoodPham.jpg

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Suspensions are a great idea for an already awful roster.

If Benintendi, Vaughn and Maldonado could get suspended, that would be ideal. 

Explain to me how anger doesn't do anything, but shame does. You know, there's an entire string on the front page here where multiple people seem to thing everybody in the organization should be "embarrassed". Why would that matter? LOL. 

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

If Benintendi, Vaughn and Maldonado could get suspended, that would be ideal. 

Explain to me how anger doesn't do anything, but shame does. You know, there's an entire string on the front page here where multiple people seem to thing everybody in the organization should be "embarrassed". Why would that matter? LOL. 

Why would I justify other people's feelings to somehow justify your feelings?  If you can't deal with emotions,  that is your problem.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why would I justify other people's feelings to somehow justify your feelings?  If you can't deal with emotions,  that is your problem.  

I have no idea what any of this means. Hey, I'm okay, you're okay. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Are you a major league coach or something? That's some deep analysis. LMFAO!!

The funnier part is the dudes who write the "fighting doesn't solve anything" peace and love posts, but finish it off with a bunch of petulant name calling. 

You were told by numerous posters that this team was terrible in the offseason.  You argued and seemed to think the Sox were better than their record was indicating during what you called a small sample size of games earlier in the season.  The Sox then won a few games in a row but the same posters knew it was just a matter of time before they would start losing again.  Meanwhile, you tried to use this even smaller sample size of winning to claim the Sox weren’t historically bad.  It was every bit as misguided as you noting their shutout count improving more recently as some sort of sign of something (no one has a clue).

Well, the Sox now have a .250 winning percentage after playing 37% of their games, which is definitely a large enough sample size.  They are on pace for a 40-122 record.  The Sox are historically bad.

Further, no amount of brawling on the field is going to make this suck fest of a team that Getz built start winning.  First and foremost, they need to replace most of the garbage players that Getz acquired this past offseason with good players.  They need to get a manager with a clue.  A new owner and GM would be number one on the list but we all know that isn’t happening.  However, these are the ways this historically bad team may start winning some games.  Not from getting their asses whooped in a stupid on-the-field brawl like Tim Anderson versus Jose Ramirez.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 4

"You don't like opponents rubbing it in your face. Win more fucking games. "

----------------------------

Oh  "fucking games".... lol. I don't care how many losses my team had, we would never let players show us up on the field.  Maybe you never played sports because if you had, you would know that.  Team pride and resolve is something you start with before every game. The only problem I had with this situation is the lack of support from teammates. The bench should have cleared even if only a typical baseball shadow boxing yelling match.

11 minutes ago, tray said:

"You don't like opponents rubbing it in your face. Win more fucking games. "

----------------------------

Oh  "fucking games".... lol. I don't care how many losses my team had, we would never let players show us up on the field.  Maybe you never played sports because if you had, you would know that.  Team pride and resolve is something you start with before every game. The only problem I had with this situation is the lack of support from teammates. The bench should have cleared even if only a typical baseball shadow boxing yelling match.

On the other hand Dom Fletcher v Aaron Judge. 

• Haha 1