June 2nd Chicago White Sox @ Milwaukee Brewers GDT

18 minutes ago, tray said:

"You don't like opponents rubbing it in your face. Win more fucking games. "

----------------------------

Oh  "fucking games".... lol. I don't care how many losses my team had, we would never let players show us up on the field.  Maybe you never played sports because if you had, you would know that.  Team pride and resolve is something you start with before every game. The only problem I had with this situation is the lack of support from teammates. The bench should have cleared even if only a typical baseball shadow boxing yelling match.

get-off-my-lawn-clint-eastwood.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll read the thread later for enjoyable reading. Well, five hits won't cut it. Our starting pitcher, Pastrami, is no good folks. Only flipping we'll be doing with him is at the 4th of July picnics workin on burgers and steaks.

I will say this: Pham and DeJong are major leaguers. If somebody needs a once or twice a week infielder and an everyday outfielder we might get a few bodies in trade for Pham and DeJong. They seem to be trying, too. I salute them. That was a poor series vs. the Brewers, folks. Sox looked like an AAA team for sure against another team that took advantage of playing the Pathetics (not Athletics) and swept our boys.

Steve Stone forever!

peace out.

I know the Cubs aren't necessarily world beaters at the moment, but I hope they absolutely destroy the Sox at Wrigley. Rub it in their faces. Get Jerry embarrassed if he isn't already.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You were told by numerous posters that this team was terrible in the offseason.  You argued and seemed to think the Sox were better than their record was indicating during what you called a small sample size of games earlier in the season.  The Sox then won a few games in a row but the same posters knew it was just a matter of time before they would start losing again.  Meanwhile, you tried to use this even smaller sample size of winning to claim the Sox weren’t historically bad.  It was every bit as misguided as you noting their shutout count improving more recently as some sort of sign of something (no one has a clue).

Well, the Sox now have a .250 winning percentage after playing 37% of their games, which is definitely a large enough sample size.  They are on pace for a 40-122 record.  The Sox are historically bad.

Further, no amount of brawling on the field is going to make this suck fest of a team that Getz built start winning.  First and foremost, they need to replace most of the garbage players that Getz acquired this past offseason with good players.  They need to get a manager with a clue.  A new owner and GM would be number one on the list but we all know that isn’t happening.  However, these are the ways this historically bad team may start winning some games.  Not from getting their asses whooped in a stupid on-the-field brawl like Tim Anderson versus Jose Ramirez.

You mean to tell me that you actually predicted that a bad team would go back to losing after a hot streak? How fucking prescient. LOL. 

I don't know why you try responding to my posts, you misstate or misinterpret months old exchanges. I'm not going to waste time to correct your incorrect memories. Maybe just stick to responding to everyone's dumb, mocking jokes with slightly different versions of their dumb, mocking jokes?

Sour pusses like yourself get to weep and moan all day every day about your poor, bad baseball team. You try to dunk on people who looked for positives in the off-season, ST, and during losing streaks, but get all agitated when somebody posts a fun fact, or joke about a player's hit streak. Maybe grow a pair of these testicles that you're obsessed about getting hit in the forehead with?

• TLR 1

11 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I know the Cubs aren't necessarily world beaters at the moment, but I hope they absolutely destroy the Sox at Wrigley. Rub it in their faces. Get Jerry embarrassed if he isn't already.

No matter how the two teams are, these Crosstown games seem to always equal out...I expect a split.

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Are you a major league coach or something? That's some deep analysis. LMFAO!!

The funnier part is the dudes who write the "fighting doesn't solve anything" peace and love posts, but finish it off with a bunch of petulant name calling. 

Christ are you fucking stupid...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Jerry ain't embarrassed. He's swimming in money. He does not give a s%*#

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Are you a major league coach or something? That's some deep analysis. LMFAO!!

The funnier part is the dudes who write the "fighting doesn't solve anything" peace and love posts, but finish it off with a bunch of petulant name calling. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The mirror doesn't talk back, dumbfuck. 

I mean, you are really bad at this. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, tray said:

"You don't like opponents rubbing it in your face. Win more fucking games. "

----------------------------

Oh  "fucking games".... lol. I don't care how many losses my team had, we would never let players show us up on the field.  Maybe you never played sports because if you had, you would know that.  Team pride and resolve is something you start with before every game. The only problem I had with this situation is the lack of support from teammates. The bench should have cleared even if only a typical baseball shadow boxing yelling match.

So you'd lose AND get your ass kicked.  That is so much better than just losing.  After all that TA fight last year propelled the team to 61 wins.. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Christ are you fucking stupid...

He’s quite the angry bitter old man.  I picture him and tray as neighbors on their porches yelling at the kids that ride their bikes too close to their lawns.

depositphotos_234238546-stock-photo-two-

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Your mini-me started it. 

Did you just double down and pull out the “well he started it?!?” card? My three year old stopped doing that six months ago. 

Well played all around. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Tony said:

Did you just double down and pull out the “well he started it?!?” card? My three year old stopped doing that six months ago. 

Well played all around. 

Ok, boomer.

There, did I finally execute a devastatingly clever putdown? LOL. 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well played all around. 

And really, instead of cheering on the mopes in flame-wars, maybe figure out a way for people to insert twitter posts in their comments. Multiple users are frustrated with this. Your admins don't seem equipped to walk them through a solution. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

No matter how the two teams are, these Crosstown games seem to always equal out...I expect a split.

Cubs are struggling a bit. Time for us to make another team get back on track. Everybody gets well when they play the Sox except the Rays.

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And really, instead of cheering on the mopes in flame-wars, maybe figure out a way for people to insert twitter posts in their comments. Multiple users are frustrated with this. Your admins don't seem equipped to walk them through a solution. 

Or we could just ban the trolls and solve the flame wars...

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Ok, boomer.

There, did I finally execute a devastatingly clever putdown? LOL. 

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

15-45. 102 to go.

That's a lot of games remaining. We need the great Bill Walton to cheer us up. He could wax poetic about how it's still the grand sport of baseball and we should embrace our team. Lot of cities don't have a team. Rest in peace, Bill W.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Or we could just ban the trolls and solve the flame wars...

Wow. Sick burn. 

Or use your time to make the site more user-friendly. Educate yourself on what's actually happening here. People who share your opinions can't embed tweets. I can understand you not caring if somebody who disagrees with you can't navigate the site. Your mini-me brigade wants to post tweets that have different versions of "shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic". Pin a topic that walks them through a couple fixes. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Wow. Sick burn. 

Or use your time to make the site more user-friendly. Educate yourself on what's actually happening here. People who share your opinions can't embed tweets. I can understand you not caring if somebody who disagrees with you can't navigate the site. Your mini-me brigade wants to post tweets that have different versions of "shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic". Pin a topic that walks them through a couple fixes. 

Sweet topic change.  

3 hours ago, flavum said:

Tommy Pham postgame was hilarious. I’d actually like to see someone throw the first punch on him, and see how that turns out for the other guy. 

What a soundbite! I love me some Tommy Pham. I wouldn't mind him signing a multi year deal. He's a competitor and closest thing we have to a real ballplayer. Now several of you can tell me all sorts of reasons why I'm a dummy and we don't want Pham. Darn it I want some ballplayers on my team, not have to wait 5 years to have a few watchable players! Sign him.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

What a soundbite! I love me some Tommy Pham. I wouldn't mind him signing a multi year deal. He's a competitor and closest thing we have to a real ballplayer. Now several of you can tell me all sorts of reasons why I'm a dummy and we don't want Pham. Darn it I want some ballplayers on my team, not have to wait 5 years to have a few watchable players! Sign him. p.s. I love the subliminal rip of the 3B coach; Tommy knew there was no reason to test it there. He was "out by a mile."

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

What a soundbite! I love me some Tommy Pham. I wouldn't mind him signing a multi year deal. He's a competitor and closest thing we have to a real ballplayer. Now several of you can tell me all sorts of reasons why I'm a dummy and we don't want Pham. Darn it I want some ballplayers on my team, not have to wait 5 years to have a few watchable players! Sign him.

Pham is 36 years old.  He will be traded by the deadline.

• Like 1