June 2nd Chicago White Sox @ Milwaukee Brewers GDT

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Pham is 36 years old.  He will be traded by the deadline.

Yep. We Sox fans don't deserve players who actually give a flip. BTW in the Pham deal we'll get some 27-year old former first-round pitcher or everyday player who blows. Probably a pitcher. Or we'll get a 20-year old middle of the road prospect with the upside of Claudell Washington. As much as I worship (in a baseball sense) Pham, analytics will tell teams he's soon to be washed up if not already washed up.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yep. We Sox fans don't deserve players who actually give a flip. BTW in the Pham deal we'll get some 27-year old former first-round pitcher or everyday player who blows. Probably a pitcher. Or we'll get a 20-year old middle of the road prospect with the upside of Claudell Washington. As much as I worship (in a baseball sense) Pham, analytics will tell teams he's soon to be washed up if not already washed up.

It is what it is.  Pham being moved to a contender makes sense for him, the acquiring team, and the Sox.  Whether the prospect the Sox acquire for Pham pans out or not, who knows.  But keeping a 36 year old signed to a one-year deal on this team would make zero sense.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It is what it is.  Pham being moved to a contender makes sense for him, the acquiring team, and the Sox.  Whether the prospect the Sox acquire for Pham pans out or not, who knows.  But keeping a 36 year old signed to a one-year deal on this team would make zero sense.

However, Pham did acknowledge that he was thrown out easily at home plate, perhaps directing some shade at third base coach Eddie Rodriguez for sending him on a relatively shallow fly ball to left field.

Pham certainly looked like he was prepared to fight, loosening up his shoulders like a boxer as he walked to the outfield. He's been in the news before for altercations, most notably in 2022 when he slapped Joc Pederson over a dispute in their fantasy football league. Earlier that season, Pham challenged Luke Voit to a fight after a hard slide at teammate Tyler Stephenson.

Last year in San Diego, Pham got into a verbal altercation with a fan who was heckling him in the on-deck circle. The fan claimed that Pham was looking to pick a fight, but Arizona Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo defended Pham, saying he was taking plenty of abuse from Padres fans.

Perhaps fortunately for all involved, the White Sox and Brewers don't play again this season. So there shouldn't be any concern over Pham revisiting his hostilities with Contreras.

https://sports.yahoo.com/white-soxs-tommy-pham-says-hes-always-prepared-to-f-somebody-up-after-confrontation-with-brewers-william-contreras-225356495.html

Feels like he definitely belongs in the NL...

Edited by caulfield12

Just watching the game now… if the state of this team could be illustrated by an inning, it was the 8th in this game… to a T.

Two horrible base-running mistakes typified how much they’re pressing and how low their confidence is.

Being unable to keep a game close and giving up two more runs after loading the bases, typical.

This is hysterical how awful our team is. f*** these guys with a tree trunk. ?

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, that call was cringeworthy.

That’s what I would expect out of a high school kid on a student webcast.

I haven’t minded him much - but yea… that was fucking awful.

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

A 20 year old Claudell Washington would be an excellent return for Pham

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Cubs are struggling a bit. Time for us to make another team get back on track. Everybody gets well when they play the Sox except the Rays.

The White Sox have lost 11 in a row, what does that mean kiddos?.....bad news for the Cubbies!!!

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

However, Pham did acknowledge that he was thrown out easily at home plate, perhaps directing some shade at third base coach Eddie Rodriguez for sending him on a relatively shallow fly ball to left field.

Pham certainly looked like he was prepared to fight, loosening up his shoulders like a boxer as he walked to the outfield. He's been in the news before for altercations, most notably in 2022 when he slapped Joc Pederson over a dispute in their fantasy football league. Earlier that season, Pham challenged Luke Voit to a fight after a hard slide at teammate Tyler Stephenson.

Last year in San Diego, Pham got into a verbal altercation with a fan who was heckling him in the on-deck circle. The fan claimed that Pham was looking to pick a fight, but Arizona Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo defended Pham, saying he was taking plenty of abuse from Padres fans.

Perhaps fortunately for all involved, the White Sox and Brewers don't play again this season. So there shouldn't be any concern over Pham revisiting his hostilities with Contreras.

https://sports.yahoo.com/white-soxs-tommy-pham-says-hes-always-prepared-to-f-somebody-up-after-confrontation-with-brewers-william-contreras-225356495.html

Feels like he definitely belongs in the NL...

This guy realizes that he plays....baseball, right?

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But keeping a 36 year old signed to a one-year deal on this team would make zero sense.

That's where I differ from most modern fans. It makes total sense because I like him and actually want to see him play for the Sox until he turns into total badness. It makes no sense for the builders, those who think we're actually capable of reconstructing a winner thru the flip player at the break method. It also made no sense to sign Beni who is gawd awful. At least Pham is worth 2/10th the price of admission. Most of the Sox are worth 0/10th the price of admission,

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

The disdain the admins here have for the users is delicious. 

It’s just you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Quin said:

Lost amongst the fighting is Greg calling Nastrini "Pastrami" and I can't stop laughing.

And the most famous place for pastrami in NYC is Katz’s and who’s our pitching coach? Works for me. Although I’d trade both of them for a sandwich. On rye with brown mustard. 

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4OCS said:

The mods ARE the trolls on soxtalk, though. 

On one hand, I could make a point about WSI vs. here, about how there are differing opinions in sports, about how you could hold your own.

On the other hand:

vultouri.jpg

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

On one hand, I could make a point about WSI vs. here, about how there are differing opinions in sports, about how you could hold your own.

On the other hand:

vultouri.jpg

Where's our Robespierre?

The thing that pissed me off most was when various White Sox, particularly Manager Pedro, were holding Pham back.  They should have gone with him. We have one guy on the team willing to stand up and get pissed off, and everyone else plays the pacifier.